Unlimited gathering tools should be soulbound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evrae Altana.1295

Evrae Altana.1295

Title says it all actually.

I want to be able to switch the tools between my characters freely rather than having these tools soulbound on one character that i may or may not get tired of

doh fail

it should be ACCOUNT bound T_T

(edited by Evrae Altana.1295)

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

remove the whole “soul bound” status entirely from the game and we will never have such threads, it’s a horrible system and it always has bin.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

soul bound should be replaced across the whole game with account bound.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Complete title failure OP Lol

Though I do agree, Yes… Yes… and Yes! Soul binding is a horrible thing. What’s worse is the more you play, the more annoying it gets.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Agreed. Wish soulbound would take a hike. Definitely not alt friendly.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I agree, I hate the idea of soulbound items…ESPECIALLY on utility items such as harvesting tools and high end items such as exotics-legendaries. Making things account bound will not flood the market with items and shouldn’t greatly affect the market at all. This is a big part of the reason I’ve never bothered with doing alts…I’m just not going to spend that kind of gold again. I salvaged an entire set of Jatoro’s armor after the MF change just because it was useless to me. Had I been able to move it to a new character, knowing a full set of exotic gear (Trinkets and all) was waiting as a level 80 reward (Huge incentive there), I would have kept it and probably started to level a new alt.

There’s also no reason to make crafting supplies such as bloodstone dust and certain food items soul bound OR account bound…really…why are some food items account bound and others not.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Agree 100%. This is the reason I never bought the special gathering items. I would gladly spend 1500 gems per tool if ALL my toons can use them, but not 800 per tool, per toon.

Osu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evrae Altana.1295

Evrae Altana.1295

Anet delivered with today’s patch
You have earned my respect whether you did it because of this post or because it was a pipeline idea
you delivered
kudos

in Suggestions

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

Seriously. I am psyched. I hope to see more things be account bound.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nimlin.5789

Nimlin.5789

Anet, just read the soul-bound to account-bound. Thank you so much for listening! I think I may just play an alt now

in Suggestions

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

Anything you pay gems for would be nice to atleast be account bound and while I wouldn’t give a kitten if soul bound took a hike I doubt that will happen and would instead settle for an item able to be purchased NOT for GEMS that can remove the bound state so it can be sold, gifted, or traded and for that matter arena net put in trading or would the entire economy collapse if people were able to avoid the trading post taxes if they wanted without fear of being scammed.

in Suggestions

sorudo.9054

so they removed the soul bound crap from gathering tools, next step is transmuted armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dalent.9358

Dalent.9358

Unlimited Gathering items are Account-Bound now. Which is great.

Removing Soulbound from the game is a bad idea from a marketing standpoint. Sure, some people will play more if they could reuse old gear sets, but I think that number is very small compared to the amount of people who don’t care. At that point, why not just let you swap your profession/race once you hit 80 at any time?

Akurn – Asura Necromancer
Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

soul bound should be replaced across the whole game with account bound.

This 1000×.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

I am so glad that they now made the gathering tools account bound. Although I will be keeping all of mine on all characters.

Now that we know they have the know how to make this change.

Make legendary’s account bound.!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Why is soul bound even a thing? The armor I get for my guardian is based around my guardians traits. It will rarely transition well to other classes and even if it did, I don’t see the problem since I have to trade armor back and forth. I’m not one to have similar play styles on different classes (ex: p/p unload thief and a power life blast spamming necro) so I would have put armor on all my classes either way.

Karma gear is also soul bound and I don’t understand why. My friend almost quit the game when he grinded karma and in his haste bought a set of armor only to realize it’s soul bound. The only benefit I see to karma armor being soul bound is it will force people to explore areas they already traversed extensively in under powered gear to create the illusion that people actually play in those areas.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Suggestions

Dalent.9358

Why is soul bound even a thing? […]
[…]
The only benefit I see to karma armor being soul bound is it will force people to explore areas they already traversed extensively in under powered gear to create the illusion that people actually play in those areas.

This right here is why Soulbound is a thing. It’s a gimmick to get people to play more. Though it’s normally a sub-based game thing, so people keep paying to keep playing to do the same stuff. Since ANet doesn’t actually benefit from people playing every month, I don’t see why they need subscription based gimmicks.

Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Why is soul bound even a thing? […]
[…]
The only benefit I see to karma armor being soul bound is it will force people to explore areas they already traversed extensively in under powered gear to create the illusion that people actually play in those areas.

This right here is why Soulbound is a thing. It’s a gimmick to get people to play more. Though it’s normally a sub-based game thing, so people keep paying to keep playing to do the same stuff. Since ANet doesn’t actually benefit from people playing every month, I don’t see why they need subscription based gimmicks.

So the game looks busy and people go “there’s lots of people playing” and then they can brag to gaming blogs about login’s….

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Ascended and Legendary gear should be account bound instead of soul bound at the very least.

If it really is a ploy to get people playing more then it works but it also may infuriate them to stop playing all together.

A person buys gw2, gets a char to 80 and wants to do some healing so he gets clerics gear. He soon finds out clerics was the wrong choice because of stat imbalances and quits gw2.

(edited by Dromar.1027)

in Suggestions

Dalent.9358

I think that’s a bit excessive. If people quit so many casual things because of a wrong choice, then no one would ever do anything. Personally, I like how the Soulbound system works. Even though I have moments of “kitten , I wish I could do [X], and I could if Soulbind didn’t exist”, I do think it’s nessecary. Items typically only soulbind when you use them anyways.

Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

in Suggestions

sorudo.9054

i see ppl liking the soul bound status but for what reason?
it only bothers us and doesn’t have any added value, it’s actually one of the reasons why i think this game fails in what Anet claims.