Upcoming magic find change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

What would you be satisfied with?

For me, I would be satisfied with 4% ( or whatever percent ) magic find changed to 4% critical damage.

Granted I could ask for more, but I could live with that.

Again what would you be satisfied with? We should get our opinions out there now before they screw it up.

I suspect whatever they do, someone will be mad.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

What about the thing they are doing with legendary weapons. You can switch between stats. But the MF gear you have right now, you can change 1 time to the stat you want.

Can’t see anything to complain about that.

in Suggestions

Tom.6478

" But the MF gear you have right now, you can change 1 time to the stat you want."

Maybe I’m unaware….how do you do that?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

You can’t do it right now; Pandeh’s suggesting that that’s the option ANet is going to give us, and I agree.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

" But the MF gear you have right now, you can change 1 time to the stat you want."

Maybe I’m unaware….how do you do that?

Legendary weapons will be able to change between different stats in the future.

What if current MF gear, can change 1 time to whatever stat you want?

in Suggestions

Tom.6478

ok …now I understand. I hope that is the option….it should make everyone happy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I’m fairly certain they will either remove mf and replace it with nothing or it will be replaced with something like xp gain or something equally worthless. Why? If they replace it with a combat benefit they will face massive balance issues. So they will go the easy route and just remove it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

I’m fairly certain they will either remove mf and replace it with nothing or it will be replaced with something like xp gain or something equally worthless. Why? If they replace it with a combat benefit they will face massive balance issues. So they will go the easy route and just remove it.

I beg your pardon!!!?Could you link that please?
Because last time i check something official about this, they stated that MF will count for the account, and we will rise it’s value permanently with some time of new consumables!
And no more was told!

Have i lost some news about this!?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Why is MF even in gw2? Everything been nerfed, over nerfed and @#&$ on, so having higher chance of getting something that doesn’t drop isn’t much help from MF.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

Why is MF even in gw2? Everything been nerfed, over nerfed and @#&$ on, so having higher chance of getting something that doesn’t drop isn’t much help from MF.

Maybe the dev that decided that was a DIablo2 & 3 fan too?…:P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

4% MF to 4% Crit damage, straight conversion?

Awesome, then MF is the new berserkers! You’d get like 200% crit damage and be able to insta-kill any enemy. Warriors would hit for 100K with 100b. Fitting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

The stat simply disappears. You got your value out of it, you should be happy with it. Salvage for ecto if you want.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

The stat simply disappears. You got your value out of it, you should be happy with it. Salvage for ecto if you want.

Actually it won’t simply be deleted. Anet has already said that the stat would be replaced by something else, and that somehow players would be compensated for loss of MF on their gear. However, they haven’t yet said what that compensation would be.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

What I would like to know is how they will grant an mf bonus to the account that would be equivalent to what I have on my one toon. I use my Guardian for farming and he has a full set of exotic mf that grants him 120% base mf before stacks, foods and other buffs.

How it finally all comes out in the wash is going to be interesting.

Theftwind (HoD)

in Suggestions

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Magic Find → Gold Increase? Pretty quick straight forward conversion I’d think.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Magic Find -> Gold Increase? Pretty quick straight forward conversion I’d think.

Causes the same problem of people being “selfish” during dungeons and other content.

I’d just want us to be able to exchange it out for a different stat set (not that it’ll help me much for my armor, I already have my dungeon/fractal gear) or return the laurels and ectos for the ascended gear. I just wonder what they’re going to do with the runes and sigils, unless they just remove them outright (or for that matter if you don’t have magic find runes in magic find gear, are you going to lose them or will you need to spend a bunch of gems on that remove rune item that data miners found).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

MF should just get replaced with an Effect like:

- Condition Duration Increase by 1-2 seconds
- Boon Duration Increase for 1-2 seconds
- Endurance Regeneration Increase of 5%-10%
- Event Reward Increase of 5-10% (Exp, Karma, Gold) (so this wouldn’t be sefishly abuseable for Dungeons, but certain thigns in Dungeosn would not have to be counted as Events anymore then, just a minor thing to change that costs no big effort)
- Kill Experience Increase of 5-10%
- Skill Recharge Accelerator 5-10% letting Utility Skills recharge slightly faster

Anything out of these examples would be great

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

4% MF to 4% Crit damage, straight conversion?

Awesome, then MF is the new berserkers! You’d get like 200% crit damage and be able to insta-kill any enemy. Warriors would hit for 100K with 100b. Fitting.

You realize critical damage has a base multiplier of 150% and you can get over 100% from your armor/weapons/trinkets, right?

Not to mention 100b is actually bad DPS and axe autoattack out-damages it.

Oh, and eles outdamage warriors too, just so you know.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu