Upgrading towers-No one should upgrade alone

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Currently one person upgrades a tower or a keep,wich can be quite expensive.Who hasn’t it seen that a person said,ok this was the last tower/camp ive upgraded for today/ this week ? I think we should be able to deposit a small amount of money needed to upgrade a tower.So one person gives 10s,another can give 50s etc..Though it should not remove the ability for one person to still upgrade the entire tower.The names of the players who have deposited money to help upgrade a tower are shown in a list when you click on the designated npc.

So it should go like this

Click on the upgrade npc
Click on Deposit to upgrade tower
Select the amount of money you want to deposit to help upgrade the tower
Click Deposit.

Your name is now shown in the list of people who helped upgrade this tower.

Kittens.8173. Has spend 40 silver to help upgrade this tower !
Player1.4931 Has spend 30silver to help upgrade this tower !
HugeNornGuy.9182 spend 30silver to help upgrade this tower !
The tower is now upgrading to tier 3 !

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Suggestions

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

Or you could ask for donations in map people always help a lil and den is just in mail

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in Suggestions

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Thing is, people don’t always help out. I have asked a few times when I have been on an alt that doesn’t have much cash on it and you might get 10s for that keep waypoint… Lol

I think a contribution system is needed going forward.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

What happens if you lose the tower before the upgrades started? And what if it never gets enough money to start it? Those people would have lost their money

in Suggestions

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

if people won’t mail will they contribute

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Ok they could offer alternatives:

This upgrade will cost 1.5 gold/X badges/X laurels/X gems etc

I know that i would rather spend a few badges or even a couple gems to upgrade; gold is just to hard to make in WvW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

What happens if only 1 person uses their money? Then they will lose a lot and others will lose nothing.

I myself am not playing WvW that much and I’m not a PvE farmer and don’t have much gold. Usually I don’t buy sieges or upgrades but in my server(mid-tier) there are always a lot of commanders that seem to have tons of money to use siege weapons and stuff and always other people buying upgrade.

If there were a system to only pay a little bit I think I would use it.

Best would be if there were some “server commander” elected by the players and “taxes”(like 10 percent on events) that generated money for the “server commander” to use on upgrades.

And of course manually it should be possible to only donate a bit.

in Suggestions

Caedmon.6798

What happens if you lose the tower before the upgrades started? And what if it never gets enough money to start it? Those people would have lost their money

Isn’t it the same right now,only one person loses everything they put in the upgrade ? Hence this suggestion actually..Ive seen many awesome people always upgrading towers,camps and also have seen them saying ( after having lost a certain tower or camp for the dozen time ) that it’s the last thing they have upgraded this day/week.So i just think that when people have to spend what they feel like is the right amount of money they can miss atm,that more people will contribute into keeping towers and camps upgraded at all times and they dont have to worry about losing yet another 1g.And the addition of seeing who is constantly upgrading towers would only add a positive effect to the community of the server you’re currently playing in,since it is very much appreciated whoever is doing it.

Try to improve this idea all you want really,i think this will be a great addition to have in wvwvw.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Isn’t it the same right now,only one person loses everything they put in the upgrade ? Hence this suggestion actually..Ive seen many awesome people always upgrading towers,camps and also have seen them saying ( after having lost a certain tower or camp for the dozen time ) that it’s the last thing they have upgraded this day/week.So i just think that when people have to spend what they feel like is the right amount of money they can miss atm,that more people will contribute into keeping towers and camps upgraded at all times and they dont have to worry about losing yet another 1g.And the addition of seeing who is constantly upgrading towers would only add a positive effect to the community of the server you’re currently playing in,since it is very much appreciated whoever is doing it.

Try to improve this idea all you want really,i think this will be a great addition to have in wvwvw.

The difference is the upgrade goes on for sure if you do it all yourself.

Putting a bit in a kitty relies on others finishing it off before you lose it or you’ve thrown the money down the toilet.

The only way to work anything like this imo would be to have a server bank which is only possible to access when upgrading

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

The difference is the upgrade goes on for sure if you do it all yourself.

Putting a bit in a kitty relies on others finishing it off before you lose it or you’ve thrown the money down the toilet.

The only way to work anything like this imo would be to have a server bank which is only possible to access when upgrading

Not neccesarily true. If you implement a system that allows some construction regardless of wether or not the full costs have been covered.

For Example, Upgrade A costs 10silver. Person A deposits 3silver for this upgrade and person B deposits 2silver. The upgrade will start, but its only financed for the first 50%. A small subtext underneath the progression bar can indicate this, saying exactly that. “Upgrade 50% financed”.
If the upgrade progression reaches 50% without receiving additional funds, it will not be able to progress any further.

This system actually has quite a few advantages.
-Other players may feel more inclined to chip in. Run by a tower, see its supply capped and progression has reached the max for its finance? Drop a bit of coin and get it to progress further.
-It can actually be cheaper to upgrade like this as you can plan ahead. Notice you don’t have full supply on that keep but just enough to get 70% done? Then just pay for 70% construction. If additional supply are added later, you can pay for the rest. If not, then atleast you wont lose 100% of the cost if the Keep is lost on an upgrade that wouldnt have finished anyway.

And really, the only drawback you can mention “The difference is the upgrade goes on for sure if you do it all yourself.” Nothing is stopping people from still paying for the full-upgrade. All this sytem would do is add an additional way for funding to be acquired to upgrade stuff.
And if the upgrade is wasted, spreading the loss across several backers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

I dont think it should cost gold tbh. Upgrades should be bought with holding an objective long enough to get enough supply to upgrade it.

[Dius]

in Suggestions

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

I’m also of the opinion that upgrades should just cost supplies and nothing else. It’s one of the silliest gold sinks ANet’s ever introduced. If they really want a more useful goldsink, they should make the SM waypoint cost a silver to use.

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

A contribution system has a far greater chance in sharing the cost of upgrades. Asking for contributions is often met with ridicule (“it’s just X silver”), telling whoever claimed the tower to pay, or not trusting a person to spend silver for the upgrades.

The upgrade system forces the burden of paying for them on a few, simply because people expect others to do it, don’t want to, or just too cheap.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in Suggestions

Caedmon.6798

Don’t let this thread die of old age,keep suggesting..we need a system like this in WvWvW.. Especially commanders can relate,buying sieges is expensive enough..when people don’t want to upgrade for whatever reason,and you end up doing it yourself + the cost of the sieges get’s a bit ridiculous.WvWvW is team based,hence No one should have to upgrade towers alone,let us split the costs of upgrading towers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

Just wanted to post that i support this and dont want to see this thread die.

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq