Use TP as vendor, the correct way

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

I want to suggest the following. If you have an item and check the price on the TP, and it’s value is no more than what the vendor value is, have a “sell to vendor” button that a player can click. You can pick up the money from a real TP.

With all the different places in the world to sell worthless items, (karma vendor, repair, vendors), you truly aren’t making the player work any less since they have to go to a real TP to get the money.

It would also cut down on garbage being put into the TP.

Thoughts?

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

in Suggestions

Posted by: wormbuffet.8619

wormbuffet.8619

What I’d like is an option to prevent people from listing items at a loss. IE it is worth 1s and it’ll be sold 1s1c and with the listing cost he’s not making any money. That’s killing the market on a lot of items.

I’d love to be able to vendor them at the TP directly too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I believe there is already that notice built into the game? I could be wrong; however, yesterday when I tried to sell an item on the TP I got a pop-up that said something like “Warning the item may be sold less than at a vendor” – I hit cancel and increased my listing price.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Yes I can confirm it is already implemented, you cannot list an item for less than what a vendor would charge.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greyfeld.7104

Greyfeld.7104

Yes I can confirm it is already implemented, you cannot list an item for less than what a vendor would charge.

That’s not really the issue. The issue is that selling for 1 copper over the vendor price is still a loss. After the 5% listing fee, and the 10% sales fee, you’re getting a full 15% knocked off your asking price, which puts you solidly under the vendor price for the item.

The person you were referring to was saying that the “minimum” posting price should be set so that players have to sell the item for enough to at least break even with the vendor, after the 15% that’s shaved off the top.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

That’s not really the issue. The issue is that selling for 1 copper over the vendor price is still a loss. After the 5% listing fee, and the 10% sales fee, you’re getting a full 15% knocked off your asking price, which puts you solidly under the vendor price for the item.

The person you were referring to was saying that the “minimum” posting price should be set so that players have to sell the item for enough to at least break even with the vendor, after the 15% that’s shaved off the top.

I did confirm what was asked by a user, now on to the issue mentioned by you than….

this breaking even is entirely the player’s responsibility the TP prices fluctuate in a matter of minutes if you see you won’t break even at this time wait a bit or list your item for a new lowest or new highest price and break even but in most cases just waiting for the market to fluctuate again after 5 minutes is enough to get you to break even. It is also part of a strategy played by the ones that know the ins and outs of the TP, for example listing 1 or 2 items at a low price and placing the bulk of your items at a higher price enables you to buy out that competitor for cheap than when that low cost 1 or 2 supply is gone your real supply which has now grown thanks to fast TP clicker sellers will sell at a more profitable price.

This does not in any way address your whole issue but it does explain why it exists and why it is the player’s responsibility to calculate weather or not he will break even, fast click sellers will almost always fall for this TP tactic, while the ones that actually take the time and play the TP game are rewarded.

Working as intended I’d say.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marrond.1385

Marrond.1385

And I would like that minimal price for item would be no less than vendor price AFTER adding fee and 1c. That would prevent braindead people’s pocket from loss and make me possible to get 1c more for every worthless item I drop xD