User Alignment Voting Tracking

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Add some alignment scale tracking to the forums. I’d like to see a two scale system based on a bell curve or some other more complex score system.

Scale 1
Troll – Balanced – Contributor
Purpose: Help people identify whether a user is a troll or a helpful contributor to discussions or somewhere in between.

Scale 2
Fanboi – Balanced – Sceptic
Purpose: Help people identify whether a user is a yes-man fan boy of the game or a cynical skeptic of the game or somewhere in between.

Other people can come up with the fancy polishing on the names and stuff. The basic premise is that users can vote towards 0, 1, or both scales per post by another user, and can’t vote on their own posts. Users also should not be able to see what others have voted for even for votes they have received. Users should also not be able to vote on posts that are more than 5 days old.

Benefits

• The overall benefit of this for the user is that they have a quick summary to glance at for determining whether to take a post seriously.
  • The benefit to ANet is that they voluntarily provided data from users that they can use to further their business, sell, market, etc…

Note: This system will be weak initially as it is likely trolls will abuse it, but basing the scales on a dynamic bell curve or complex scoring system should result in accurate scale alignments.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zero Angel.9715

Zero Angel.9715

I would actually like to be able to see how much +1s a post gets. It would be useful to see how much individual merit that the community is putting into those posts in general. It might consider some people to read good posts which at first glance appear to be tl;dr and perhaps not worth the effort to read.

Besides, what is the point of having a ‘+1’ button if users cannot benefit from it? (maybe it’s for moderators/devs only?)

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Too much room for abuse. They would need a system to prevent people whom most people disagree with to be considered a troll or worse.

This is the perfect example, if we did have this system and you were one to take offense to those who disagree with you, your next move would most likely be to find every post I’ve made and select troll.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!