Using a single One Handed weapon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angel.7294

Angel.7294

Why are we forced to use an offhand weapon? I see no reason for that, I for once would really like to use a single one handed sword. Its something so many RPGs are missing on why should we be forced to use massive greatswords , axes or hammers if we want to use a single weapon. Also it seems pretty easy to implement in guildwars and kind of a missed opportunity for a bit more diversity . Implementing it could be as simple as adding two extra skills or a new set and giving it a bonus to the stats it gives

(edited by Angel.7294)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I, too, would like this. There are a few problems, namely what would your 4th and 5th weapon skills be, and if there are mainhand only, why not offhand only… etc, etc, etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: chnet.1832

chnet.1832

I, too, would like this. There are a few problems, namely what would your 4th and 5th weapon skills be, and if there are mainhand only, why not offhand only… etc, etc, etc.

It’ll be easy for those weapons that can both be wielded in main-hand and off-hand. Just treat it as if the player wielded the same weapon type both position. (They still have to accept losing stat. for single weapon slot.)

For those which can’t, I think they’d probably have to accept it “as is”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Or you could have invis weapon skins, but only allow weapons with those skins to be placed on offhand. Of course, that become a balance problem with Mesmers (not that I have a problem with that, being a tiny Asura wielding the smallest and most obscure possible weapons!)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angel.7294

Angel.7294

Or you could have invis weapon skins, but only allow weapons with those skins to be placed on offhand. Of course, that become a balance problem with Mesmers (not that I have a problem with that, being a tiny Asura wielding the smallest and most obscure possible weapons!)

Invisible weapons wont be a good idea as seeing your opponents weapon provides valuable information.

Also as far as stats go on i dont think it wont be any good if its not a valuable choice it should give either bonus stats or other worthy bonus

(edited by Angel.7294)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

When thieves wield just one weapon they get a special “off-hand light” attack skill, but these are horribly underpowered, so it’s not a serious option at all. Buff these to make up for the sacrifice of 2 skills, and maybe give some options for other professions to wield just one weapon.