Vit, Healing, Toughness sets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

i would love a set with those stats :/ seems like we have almost any other combination but this.. really would love to see this to encurage full support build

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

Also Power/Precision/Vitality please..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Decked.8274

Decked.8274

I think it’s fair because if we have Power/Precision/Crit. Damage for full damage, we should also have Vit/Healing/Thougness for full defense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Makes sense to me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Personally? I want Power/Condition Dmg/Crit. There have been builds I thought could work well with some traits + %crit chance sigils + crit on weapon swap that give me a decent level of crits. Stack fury on it and you’re good to go.

That said, the OP’s suggestion is good too. Can’t say I’d ever wear it though…

in Suggestions

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

Yes, there needs to be more variations of stat combinations on gear.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

We have cavalier type armor stats on rares but not exotics for level 80, can this please be implemented?

There’s ascended pieces with cavalier stats as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Modimor.4319

Modimor.4319

Do any combination of Cleric/Apoticary and Shaman, add Doyalak runes.
For more survivabillity swap out the upgrades in the trinkets. No need for a full def healing set imo.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

yeah pointless with stat combos withouer at elast 1 offensive stat, since a full support, or a full defence build in a group is deathweight, everyone should be doing some dmg, all the meanwhile they support the group and ensure they themself can survive

in Suggestions

Erebus.7568

yeah pointless with stat combos withouer at elast 1 offensive stat, since a full support, or a full defence build in a group is deathweight, everyone should be doing some dmg, all the meanwhile they support the group and ensure they themself can survive

we would like to be able to do a setup of “pure tank, pure support, pure dps” build as we like the maxing and perfecting of one aspect of the team, we do not want to be the “all in one build of superheroes” we do not find it fun…

if you disagree there are planty of sets which you can choose but we would like the ability to choose this one for us

personally i think the sets should be able to have the stats that you like them to have (3 different stats of x value depending on the stat.).

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

why would you want a set like this you are going to deal 10 damage.

in Suggestions

GummiBear.2756

we would like to be able to do a setup of “pure tank, pure support, pure dps” build as we like the maxing and perfecting of one aspect of the team, we do not want to be the “all in one build of superheroes” we do not find it fun…

if you disagree there are planty of sets which you can choose but we would like the ability to choose this one for us

personally i think the sets should be able to have the stats that you like them to have (3 different stats of x value depending on the stat.).

a team of 5 all doing some dmg, some support and some control would be far more effective than a team of 5 where 2 deal ONLY dmg, 1 ONLY do support and 1 ONLY tried to tank (and in the end likely fail horribly at it, as aggro is not predictable in this game). That is simply how the game is made to work

in Suggestions

Posted by: Modimor.4319

Modimor.4319

The game just isn’t built to work with min max stats.. You need to ballance Survival/Damage/Support on pretty much every class and every spec. If you don’t you run into problems as there are counters to pretty much everything.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Vitality would be redundant with healing, since healing acts as effective health. More stat combinations would always be nice though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

The healing stat is intentionally scaled to discourage full support as is the reason we will likely never see a set with no offensive stats on it. This game is attempting to get rid of the healer role for better or for worse.

Personally I like being a basically full support and it can work to some extent in certain cases such as WvW(in specific grouping and situations). However the dungeons are designed so that a 5 man team that all have a good balance of damage and support (be that support heals, control, blind, blocks) will be the stronger team.

The new Giver’s armor is by all regards full support though Tou/Boon duration/healing so we may one day see more full support stat lines. However the boon duration is rumored to be bugged and not work on these new items.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

The giver weapons are pretty slick though. Coupled with food and a few points in the right trait line and you can extend your condition duration to 60-80% without needing specialized armor or runes.

But I think the givers armor set could use a buff, around about as much % boon as crit gets but maybe 1-2% less. 1% boon duration is too weak to bother, IMO.

But a cool dream stat I’d like to see is +% Endurance recovery. With a full set, I think it should push about 20% Endurance recovery, maybe 25% with Exotics. I’d actually sooner see a Vit/Tough/Endurance set before I could see Vit/Tough/Heal if only because the healing seems redundant (namely weak) if it’s not the major stat to which you’d probably get better overall results mixing Knights/Soldiers and Valkyrie/Cleric depending on your healing needs.

(edited by Leo G.4501)

in Suggestions

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

The healing stat is intentionally scaled to discourage full support as is the reason we will likely never see a set with no offensive stats on it.

Well there IS some MF/Toughness/Vitality gear to loot in the Fractals. The mere though that someone in my groups might be using that makes me sad :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Imo,they should let us decide,make those stats into some sort of rune with all kinds of different combinations that We can put onto our pieces of armor,just like a type of rune.So they can bring in a wide variety of different types of stat combinations.
They could even make Minor – Major – Superior versions of it aswell.

Basically,remove the “bonus” stats from armor,make it into a type of rune,make every combination possible prec/power/vit , condi/healing/vit..whatever,in minor – major – superior versions,and let us earn/buy them so we have more freedom into what kind of stats we want on our armor.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Suggestions

Erebus.7568

a team of 5 all doing some dmg, some support and some control would be far more effective than a team of 5 where 2 deal ONLY dmg, 1 ONLY do support and 1 ONLY tried to tank (and in the end likely fail horribly at it, as aggro is not predictable in this game). That is simply how the game is made to work

thats kinda the point none of us likes to be “a bit of everything” its NOT fun and makes every one play the same without roles..
we like feeling specialized, and you never do ONLY one thing, but you got a primary role which you specialize in.

and yes you can do it in this way and yes its not the most effective at all, but we would like at least the ability to feel somewhat specialized.

i do see it as a major issue though that the game is made in a way where you have a very hard time doing this becouse they wanted to not force you into a role and by doing so they forced EVERYONE into the same role -.- which is more fail then the triologi role system since this is just the 1 role system

in Suggestions

GummiBear.2756

thats kinda the point none of us likes to be “a bit of everything” its NOT fun and makes every one play the same without roles..
we like feeling specialized, and you never do ONLY one thing, but you got a primary role which you specialize in.

and yes you can do it in this way and yes its not the most effective at all, but we would like at least the ability to feel somewhat specialized.

i do see it as a major issue though that the game is made in a way where you have a very hard time doing this becouse they wanted to not force you into a role and by doing so they forced EVERYONE into the same role -.- which is more fail then the triologi role system since this is just the 1 role system

Speak for yourself, cause i LOVE the way the “roles” are in this game as do i know quite a few others that do, so your “we” is not really a we, but a “you” i DESPISED in every other MMO to play a DPS character, so freaking boring, but in turn taht meant i was forced to be one of the slow solo leveling characters, as tanks and healers both tend to be mostly (how bad it is vary from game to game, but pure dps classes were always the fastest), so i love how well dpsing is fun in this game, it not just spamming 123451234512345. and now i can be support while being jsut as effective in solo open world pve as everyone else

in Suggestions

Erebus.7568

Speak for yourself, cause i LOVE the way the “roles” are in this game as do i know quite a few others that do, so your “we” is not really a we, but a “you” i DESPISED in every other MMO to play a DPS character, so freaking boring, but in turn taht meant i was forced to be one of the slow solo leveling characters, as tanks and healers both tend to be mostly (how bad it is vary from game to game, but pure dps classes were always the fastest), so i love how well dpsing is fun in this game, it not just spamming 123451234512345. and now i can be support while being jsut as effective in solo open world pve as everyone else

i didnt speak for you, i spoke for me and my friends

if you love the “you can be all in one and every one can be the same” well nice for you its awesome but seriously this should be a TEAM!!! game since it is an mmo, thereby the need for other people and different talents to do the harder stuff the most efficient would be beneficial for all, since people like different things, i am not saying a “all in one build” should be bad for a group, i am saying that VERY specialized roles set together currectly should be much more effective then they are right now ^^

i do like the lvling system basis in this game(all lvl +- at same speed, high dps build especially on warriors lvls much faster then anything else though, so there will always be a difference). although i dont see why you even have lvls at all?
i mean the game delvl your char to each area and the gear etc. so you really didnt need lvl’s at all and it would actually benefit the game greatly becouse you would never have the lvl grind and the completion and discovery would be all that was in the game preparing you for endgame as it is

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I support this suggestion.

Eventually, almost all combinations will make it into the game. Those not in yet, I suspect they are deliberately held back so “new” gear can be implemented without breaking any stat caps.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daniella.3590

Daniella.3590

I think the reason why they didn’t have this build is because they’re trying to control the healing power of 1 character .. in short trying to control the thrill of the Game. If your gonna notice theres no exotic back piece or even fractal back piece that has a Healing stat on it and even the Ascended rings doesnt have any Healing Ring on it, Maybe its because the game is designed not to have a Full healer build .. I want that Set too since I did healing/Vit/Precision build on my ele , I hope they reconsider that Build

Beauty is My Weapon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fergles.4812

Fergles.4812

I got around to looking at the Ascended trinkets and noticed there’s no Healing/Vit/Precision, but I have a rare Orrian Artifact that has it. It’s pretty messed up that I can find some random drop in a dungeon and it’s better than what I have to invest a month into plus some ectos.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

i didnt speak for you, i spoke for me and my friends

if you love the “you can be all in one and every one can be the same” well nice for you its awesome but seriously this should be a TEAM!!! game since it is an mmo, thereby the need for other people and different talents to do the harder stuff the most efficient would be beneficial for all, since people like different things, i am not saying a “all in one build” should be bad for a group, i am saying that VERY specialized roles set together currectly should be much more effective then they are right now ^^

You should find the guide for a smooth dungeon experience, talking about the most optimal team composition based on a few key roles.
1/ team buffs, preferably guardian or warrior (although I personally think other professions can do that too)
2/ glass cannons, max 2. All damage can’t always be avoided outside COF1 so these will be down often. Can’t have too many.
3/ durable DPS, 2-4. These are what makes consistent dps happen.

And while all that is a bit outside the healer-tank-carried box everyone has been thinking in for the last decade, it still allows for heavy team optimization.

This game allows any random team to barely manage a dungeon. Skilled teams can learn to roflstomp anything. That’s evidence of good design imho.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orc Slayer.2780

Orc Slayer.2780

i hope a 5 man team is more effective than a 4 man team

ps. please add the stats listed bt op..or any variation of the three

(edited by Orc Slayer.2780)

in Suggestions

Posted by: dale.5862

dale.5862

Actually this would be a great addition for anyone who is not concerned with how fast they kill something that does not regenerate health. Also in WvWvW used this on ely’s to help groups with AOE boons. I actually wish the gear had not stat boost. Only a slot/s for enhancements and the enhancement so you could mix and match and/or swap out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

-1 for the suggestion, because it’s a disguised “we want trinity in GW2!”, and I hate trinity-based games. A pure tank would be 0 point in GW2, since he wouldn’t be able to control the boss’ focus anyway.

(edited by Nachtz.4930)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Personally I like the fact of the OP suggestion, Although I think healing power needs a small little buff/ re-work. Although to say that people need to be in all
Power/ Precision /crit% damage is the worse suggestion.

I ran a 38 fractal ( for the daily ) and had a guardian in all zerker gear. He kept dying to moss man as he kept once shooting him. I was playing a necro with the 3/3 set stats of
Power/ Toughness/ Condition damage and Precision/ something and crit % damage, then built my runes around condition damage. The warrior in our group was a power vitality toughness I believe all the way down, and the Mesmer had a condition precision stats all the way down. We each got hit a minimum of 2 times some of us more than that and lived from his vanish then spike. I asked him
" let me guess you have 10 to 15 AR, not that it is a big deal just curious " ( as we were on Jade maw when I asked.

He replied by linking all his gear and ascended items 5 of 6 Ascended and two of which were infused.

So for all the Zerker hard core dps he was built to do, he was downed or dead I would say at least 60% of the time, yet our Tanky build warrior had never died and only got downed once the whole run and in the end did more over all damage than then guard that was zerker.

TL;DR
Zerker stats are great if you know how to play, but like everyone complains about MF gear being a detriment to the group so is Zerker players more than 50% of the time. So why is having stats built around support and survivability bad? Why because you can’t kill something in 1 minute and it takes 3 minutes Oh NO the world will end LOL.

P.S. That is not the only time I have seen all Zerker builds be a detriment to a party just the most recent.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dale.5862

dale.5862

-1 for the suggestion, because it’s a disguised “we want trinity in GW2!”, and I hate trinity-based games. A pure tank would be 0 point in GW2, since he wouldn’t be able to control the boss’ focus anyway.

Sorry but you missed the point. It does work and yes you do damage but in a Group/party (gasp) you can also buff others and solo in PVE I can actually survive. It would actually work quite well in Orr and works fantastically in dungeon and WvW. Check out the guild VK domination running this on Fergs Crossing. It does not mean 100% support and no damage, nor was it only heals check fire shield with an ele. Might stacks anyone. Tell me that won’t work in a dungeon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Apollo.7389

Apollo.7389

You Pve/WvW peeps are LUCKY to have variation/customization of your stats. PvP does not…and its heartbreaking.

I want food, rings, back, accessories, and pots/oils. I want to be able to have stats on each piece of gear so I can furthermore customize and get specific amounts of a certain stats and sometimes more if I so chose to give up another stat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

This kind of gear wouldn’t be very popular considering that only damage qualifies you for xp and loot at this point. Healing players during an event, IIRC, doesn’t get you anything. If I’m wrong please correct me!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

This kind of gear wouldn’t be very popular considering that only damage qualifies you for xp and loot at this point. Healing players during an event, IIRC, doesn’t get you anything. If I’m wrong please correct me!

Just because you can support by buffs, or healing a little bit here and there doesn’t mean you can’t do damage.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Just make it intricate to make armor through crafting where we can add certain reagents to building armor (or discovering new recipes) to match the stats players want. Give crafters a meaning to craft and making it so they can profit with the economy.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

Sorry but you missed the point. It does work and yes you do damage but in a Group/party (gasp) you can also buff others and solo in PVE I can actually survive. It would actually work quite well in Orr and works fantastically in dungeon and WvW. Check out the guild VK domination running this on Fergs Crossing. It does not mean 100% support and no damage, nor was it only heals check fire shield with an ele. Might stacks anyone. Tell me that won’t work in a dungeon.

It does work but those stats do not exist. Are you sure I’m the one who missed the point ? I think you’re not taking about the OP’s suggestion. I am a guardian, and never ever I would like to try such a build. It would make me utterly useless in a dungeon, it would take me forever to kill any mob in solo PVE . Of course I wouldn’t die, but since I already roll over any PVE content in this game (except fractal 50+), I don’t see the point. I think it’s more a matter of “how to play a class” rather than “we need more builds” problem.

(edited by Nachtz.4930)