Voice Acting

Voice Acting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I suggest that you show your voice actors the characters they are voicing, before recording the voice-over lines. This would solve a problem that has been annoying me since day 1: very few of the in-game characters have voices suited to their looks. A quick example: Moto looks about 25 years old, and sounds about 70. GW2 voice actors are very talented, and I love the voice acting, but it doesn’t match the vast majority of the characters.

A slightly related suggestion: be more mindful of where you place characters that have the same voice. Moto sounds exactly the same as the Herald that stands just 15 feet away, and this really takes away from his character individuality.

Thank you,
Curo

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Voice Acting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

We should be able to choose between several voices while creating our characters. Maybe I want my human warrior to be scottish, not neutral accent.

Wish it was implemented before GW2 was created….

Voice Acting

in Suggestions

Curo.2483

Yeah that too. I tried to make my Charr as cute and small as possible, and he gets the voice of a big black guy, lol!

Voice Acting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amphibian Pal Lush.4185

Amphibian Pal Lush.4185

Yeah that too. I tried to make my Charr as cute and small as possible, and he gets the voice of a big black guy, lol!

YO, WHY HE GOTTA BE BLACK, DOG?

Voice Acting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I have noticed also that the voice of many NPCs doesn’t fit their look.

Voice Acting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

I still cant stand how they pronounce Quay as Kuway.
It’s pronounced KEY.

Voice Acting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Reason: charrs aren’t cute and small. This isn’t hello kitty online.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Voice Acting

in Suggestions

Curo.2483

@Gandarel: Anyone can be anything! That’s why it’s called “role playing”

@Amphibian phallus: What’s wrong with him being black? So off topic though, lol!