Vuvuzela warhorn

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

In the interest of festive RP events as well as WvWvW raid intimidation, i believe it would be of great interest to introduce Vuvuzelas as a different Warhorn model, together with it’s deliciously unique and beautiful sound effects.

For reference, Vuvuzelas are South African horns made popular worldwide by the 2010 football world cup : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuvuzela

The addition of alternative Vuvuzela skins in the gem store for various colour themes would be appreciated too, and provide a revenue model to compensate for the development time needed to implement the 3d model and record the high quality sound required to accurately provide the “Vuvuzela experience”.

Can anyone imagine anything more intimidating than a Vuvuzela-using raid about to charge down the gate you’re desperately trying to defend? I don’t think so. As an example, you can browse this very thread with added Vuvuzelas by clicking here: http://vuvuzela-time.co.uk/forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/suggestions/Vuvuzela-warhorn/first#post2038159

Looking forward too, one could envision Vuvuzela traps for WvWvW. Stepping onto it would sound a Vuvuzela and pop an orange Vuvuzela icon on the map.

99.97% of the players polled about this important suggestion have already agreed with me that it would be a critical addition to the gameplay.

Many thanks in advance for considering this addition as soon as development time allows,

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

(edited by cafard.8953)

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

And then there were 40 thieves running around the map with some variation of the name “Epic sax guy”, because silly thieves don’t look up the instruments they play .

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That reminds me of:

I think this idea would be hilarious….
…and then I predict it would get really obnoxious quickly.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I do have one.

I sincerely don’t like soccer.

As such, on soccer night in the pub, I’ll bring my Vuvuzela to make the evening remotely enjoyable for everyone who’s in the same boat as me.

To improve vuvuzela as an effective weapon, it should be a white and vendor sold.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torca.5162

Torca.5162

O.O REALLY??? One vuvuzela is funny – too many and you will start screaming . . . . did you know that it was initially thought to ban the vuvuzela from 2010 due to that it may cause disrubtion to the players but due to that the vuvuzela is highly associated with soccer as a way of showing support the whole of south afirca screamed NO . . . . . To start seeing the vuvuzela as a war horn scares the crap out of me I am sorry – but please leave it as a way to show your support to soccer

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

cafard.8953

did you know that it was initially thought to ban the vuvuzela from 2010 due to that it may cause disrubtion to the players

That is a good point indeed. Maybe the Vuvuzela trap could also put a ‘Deafened’ debuff that disables Shout skills for 30s? It would be both lore-fitting and tactically useful!

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Torca.5162

This rather sounds like a lame joke – if you want a war call use trumpets but why would you want to give your position away with sound anyway to the enemy

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Woodbine.2514

Woodbine.2514

This rather sounds like a lame joke – if you want a war call use trumpets but why would you want to give your position away with sound anyway to the enemy

Because you’re so incredibly kitten that you just don’t care.

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Holy crap, that’s one of the most annoying things ever.

Like a never-ending lot of annoying locusts.

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Torca.5162

Dnt care?? I care enough that I dont want this because this is not what this instrument was meant to be used for

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Woodbine.2514

Woodbine.2514

Dnt care?? I care enough that I dont want this because this is not what this instrument was meant to be used for

I wasn’t talking about you in particular. I should have said "because they are so incredibly bad kitten that they don’t care that they draw down fire upon themselves for exposing their position.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

cafard.8953

I wasn’t talking about you in particular. I should have said "because they are so incredibly bad kitten that they don’t care that they draw down fire upon themselves for exposing their position.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

This indeed is part of the ‘why’. Just like some players revel in stealth and hiding, for many others, pride, challenge or intimidation have always been an important part of PvP enjoyment.

But let’s also not underestimate the power of deception: you may deliberately want to attract the attention of the enemy to you through the medium of sound in order to distract him away from where the real strength of your server’s forces are lying low!

And as Sun Tzu himself once wrote:
“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

Riddle me this: when i’m far away and want the enemy to believe i’m near, do i reach for my sword or for my Vuvuzela?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

cafard.8953

Old thread now, but just thought i’d extend a big THANK YOU to ANet for the Marriner’s Horn. No idea whether this thread was part of the inspiration or not, but it doesn’t matter: we have a Vuvuzela to play music with!

Absolutely delighted with it. Usable in wvw to cheer up the troops, intimidate the opposition, celebrate victories, play ‘happy birthday’ to the guildies… Just wish it could be played while on the move, but ah.

Thanks to the Marriner’s Horn, i’m having a whale of a time!

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Oh, but you’re so wrong, to believe that any sound coming out of the Vuvuzela can be described as music…

While I don’t mind the Marriner’s Horn, I run whenever I hear one…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

Please… if you are going to keep adding ways for people to make a racket then at least give us a volume slider specifically for instruments. I’m sick of turning my effects right down because some numpty is spamming warhorn noises as a troll.

Vuvuzela warhorn

in Suggestions

Posted by: bribrim.9710

bribrim.9710

Since we have yet to see the invention of extruded plastics in this game, vuvuzelas are out.

Kepp Mason – Warrior
Critical Response Team [CRIT]
Devona’s Rest [DR]