WVW suggestion to fix zerging

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zero Requiem.5908

Zero Requiem.5908

wvw is now more boring then ever. whoever has the biggest zerg wins. no skill, no anything else is required. just the absolute size of the zerg. most zerg vs zerg fights the server is lagging so bad you cant even get your skills to trigger 90% of the time.

this could be fixed with a simple fix.

the more people of a server over a set number you have in a certain area, the greater the debuff they are subject to.
example:

max people before debuff : 20

2% debuff (to each person in the area) for each person over that 20 person limit

area: 1000 square meters

many haters may dislike this idea but in the end a simple fix like this will help wvw in the long run

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

WvW is meant to be army vs army, not 2v2 happy fun time arena duel hour. The problem isn’t zergs or WvW, it’s players who want a game catered completely to their playstyle.

That being said superior numbers don’t always win either. Last night we routed SoS when they had us outnumbered about 40 to 25 or so when we split our force.

Play smart, 1 1 1 1 1 f f f 1 1 1 1 doesn’t win battles.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Easy solution to fix zergs: L2P and find a guild that specializes in busting them up.

[SU]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zero Requiem.5908

Zero Requiem.5908

im not talking about eliminating zerging. im talking about putting extremely MINOR changes to help improve the gameplay (less lag, etc…). implementing my suggestion would not discourage zerging, and would not even eliminate the possibility of having a 50+ person zerg, but it would go a long way to improving the playability of wvw.

mabey some people like not being able to do anything in wvw battles due to skill lag, but I and many others sure don’t

oh and the 20 person limit was just an example. it could be 25 or 30 or whatever arenanet thought would best suit their servers.

(edited by Zero Requiem.5908)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayshya.5147

Vayshya.5147

While 30 skilled people easily own 100 man zerg problem still exists. And it’s because 100 people can stand in one point and shoot and move one through another. LOL but they sold it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dan.2098

dan.2098

remove hardcap of dmg skill (AOE spells etc.), leave it on buffs only

It’ll fix zergs very fast also it’ll finally give a chance to small groups to stand against braindead zerg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

It’s not all about size, but how it’s wielded…….familiar words eh? EMP for example has no problem taking on bigger groups and winning. The problem in my opinion is the lag associated with these large scale fights. That does make it harder for the more tactical group to win over the larger group.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Suggestions

Posted by: killeraled.1950

killeraled.1950

i hate it when people keep saying its boring. all these people moaning all the time… they need to stop and wait until anet gets more ideas. fair enough u r making a suggestion. i like zergs its really challenging like wave after wave until they give up. anyway make more suggestions to make it not boring.

i am a hunter you don’t see me, you just die