Wallet and bank.

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valkery.6125

Valkery.6125

Dear guild wars 2 creators,

I like the concept of the wallet, But i dont like the fact that the bank is gone.

Im a real money spender so it was my way to save some money for later on if i realy whanted some stuffs. for example the new phoenix outfit from the blacktrading company.

And ofcourse im collecting money for the legendary weapon.

I realy like the wallet shared between characters, in that way al your characters have some money.
But can’t we have both? the bank and the wallet?

For example,

In my bank I have 100 gold and my characters have 10 gold to spend on whatever they whant.

This is my opnion on this.

Friendly greetings

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

One suggestion that’s been going around is to make your own guild and use that as a bank, since it can hold gold. However, if you decide to do so, that’s up to you.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

You don’t automatically get guild storage with a guild. You have to spend influence in Architecture level 1(500 influence), and then Architecture level 2(1,000 influence) then 100 for the first level of guild storage.(Guild Stash) For a total of 2,500 influence and several days construction time. So it’s not as simple as “Just go make your own guild.”
<edited for corrected influence costs, typos>

(edited by Elden Arnaas.4870)

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Learn self-control! It’s a useful life skill as well.

The system they just made is probably just the old bank system made portable, hence why the other was removed. More than likely they would need to create a whole new banking system to " bring back" the old one

the blacktrading company.

Might want to phrase that differently…

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

WhiteAndMilky.2514

You don’t automatically get guidl storage with a guild. You have to spend influence in Arhcitecture level 1(5,000), and then again for the first level of guild storage.(1,000 more if I recall correctly) So it’s not as simple as “Just go make your own guild.”

It is actually that simple, you can buy influence and have it immediately.

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

Elden Arnaas.4870

Yes, you can buy influence(Which costs 2.5 gold or 16 laurels – if you have it to spare.) But no, you cannot have it immediately. Construction is 4 days, if you time it and set up the item to be constructed right after the previous one has finished. (Or pay for the Guild Workshop, which is another 500 influence and 2 days construction time.)

But the point is – lag or key bounce during a trading post session could easily make someone over-spend, when the available cash is everything on the whole account.
And a lot of people keep their characters’ funds separate and budget for each character individually. They make each character earn and pay for his/her own things, and have a group pool in the bank for other things.

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Yes, you can buy influence(Which costs 2.5 gold or 16 laurels – if you have it to spare.) But no, you cannot have it immediately. Construction is 4 days, if you time it and set up the item to be constructed right after the previous one has finished. (Or pay for the Guild Workshop, which is another 500 influence and 2 days construction time.)

But you can speed up build items. So yes, you can have it immediately.

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

Elden Arnaas.4870

How do you speed up build items?

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

WhiteAndMilky.2514

How do you speed up build items?

Green button Next to it in the build que.

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

Elden Arnaas.4870

And how does that work?(speeding up construction time with the button) Does it cost more money, or more influence? Or does it just prioritize it over other things you have in progress? There has to be some down side/cost, or they wouldn’t have implemented construction times in the first place.

And that still doesn’t address my other points.(accidental overspend, individual character funds) Players ought to have the option to divide their gold in separate pools among characters if they want to. And it shouldn’t require making your own guild just for that purpose.

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

WhiteAndMilky.2514

And how does that work?(speeding up construction time with the button) Does it cost more money, or more influence? Or does it just prioritize it over other things you have in progress? There has to be some down side/cost, or they wouldn’t have implemented construction times in the first place.

And that still doesn’t address my other points.(accidental overspend, individual character funds) Players ought to have the option to divide their gold in separate pools among characters if they want to. And it shouldn’t require making your own guild just for that purpose.

Costs influence based on the percentage of build time you are reducing.

I wasn’t trying to address your other points. You said you can’t get it immediately which is incorrect, you can. That’s all I was saying.

But I can say with 16 characters I HATED having money on separate characters. "oh which character did I have that gold on? This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) No. This one? (load character) FINALLY.

Now which character was my armor smith?…… This one? No….."

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

Elden Arnaas.4870

Yes, but I’m sure speeding up construction significantly in that way is cost prohibitive for most people. My point is that making a guild just for money storage is not a simple, easy thing, nor does it address the issue of forcibly lumping all currency and funds into a single account-wide pool. People ought to have a choice how they divide their money amongst their characters.
That said, the wallet does make many aspects of in game “currency” much more convenient to deal with. I wish they’d let the currency/tokens for the bi-weekly “Living World” stuff(support tokens, fortune scraps, etc…) be kept in the wallet.

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Yes, but I’m sure speeding up construction significantly in that way is cost prohibitive for most people. My point is that making a guild just for money storage is not a simple, easy thing.

But what you’re saying is STILL wrong. It IS simple and easy. Make guild in guild tab. Buy influence. Que upgrades. Speed up upgrades. Deposit gold.

Your point is that making a guild for storage is not FREE. It IS simple and easy.

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

Elden Arnaas.4870

No, cost is part of “simple and easy”. You’re totally ignoring the fact that most people don’t have the near infinite in-game money that you apparently have.(16 character slots, don’t worry about construction time – just throw money at it) For most individuals in the game, I’d wager getting that much influence is not so “simple and easy”.
Besides, I don’t want to spend in-game (or real life) money to make a poor workaround for options that got taken out of the game. The wallet is great in many respects, but it does change things in ways that work against how some people want to play. And over-spending because of lag or key-bounce is still an issue, except for people who have near infinite in-game money.(Which certainly isn’t me or anyone I know.)

Wallet and bank.

in Suggestions

WhiteAndMilky.2514

No, cost is part of “simple and easy”. You’re totally ignoring the fact that most people don’t have the near infinite in-game money that you apparently have.(16 character slots, don’t worry about construction time – just throw money at it) For most individuals in the game, I’d wager getting that much influence is not so “simple and easy”.
Besides, I don’t want to spend in-game (or real life) money to make a poor workaround for options that got taken out of the game. The wallet is great in many respects, but it does change things in ways that work against how some people want to play. And over-spending because of lag or key-bounce is still an issue, except for people who have near infinite in-game money.(Which certainly isn’t me or anyone I know.)

Cost has no relation to difficulty. It has relation to convenience.

I don’t spend real money on the game, and I’ve never had more than 100gold. Been playing since the start. You’re making assumptions. I’m always low on money.

I earned the influence for my personal guild bank allll by myself without buying any.

If you have enough money that you need to bank it, you can probably afford the 10 gold and a day or 2 of build time. Less time if you spend a little more.