Want to see a server dedicated to open PVP

in Suggestions

Posted by: wbonetwo.2196

wbonetwo.2196

I am not sure how many people are for and against a dedicated open world pvp server, but I would really enjoy it if there was an option to pvp openly on a server with no objectives, no teams, just pure server politics .

in Suggestions

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

I don’t think that would work and also it’s not really what guild wars is about.

Elyl Jrend

in Suggestions

wbonetwo.2196

why wouldn’t it work? It worked in Lineage 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalgarr.5684

Kalgarr.5684

I REALLY want that. But, I don’t it will ever happen. World PvP was not a focus in Guild wars, and neither is it in Guild Wars 2. Like the poster above me said, it’s not what guild wars is about. Open world PvP wouldn’t really make sense in guild wars all that much.

There’s only a few instances where it would. All the races are united to defeat evil here, their not at war with each other, yet.

in Suggestions

wbonetwo.2196

i think it would work if the right mechanisms were put in place.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The Devs don’t want it in the game, at least at the time this article was written.

World PvP
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/interviews/a461555/guild-wars-2-interview-arenanet-on-the-future-of-tyria.html#ixzz2c9uKePmO
“A lot of the elements that make MMOs not appealing to fans have been removed from Guild Wars 2. You’re never running around in the world and another player can run up and kill you or anything. We’ve removed all of those elements, so other players only help you and make the game more fun. That’s made the game a lot more compelling and easy for people who love role-playing experiences to get into.”

The other problem is, it would pull people out of WvW. Making that part of the game fail.

in Suggestions

wbonetwo.2196

wvwvw is boring. Just a big zerg running around.
The aspect of open world internal server pvp, is the fact that it is surprise there would be a lot of fun on a server with this type of pvp.

It would be interesting to see how many people would transfer to a server like this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

The world is too set up around teamwork: dynamic events, shared exp, even just simply leveling up in the first story instance you see other people. They would literally need to make an ENTIRE new map system just for this

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I loved world PvP in other games, WoW, Rift, Fallen Earth, and it was practically my endgame reason for playing.

I hate that GW2 doesn’t have it, but it’s because it’s a carebear-centric game. Everyone gets loot, nobody is left out, everyone gets to share harvest nodes, everyone gets to be in the event group. It’s sickening when I think about it.

This carebear game could never have open PvP, best not waste the time thinking about it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

It’s one of those ideas that is so wrong on the face of it, we just might see it in the game one day.

in Suggestions

wbonetwo.2196

it should be an optional server dont bad mouth the idea because you wont need to join the server in the first place. I think there would be a large following of players to that server if it ever made it live.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If your idea is to change one of the existing servers, I am not sure the entire population of said server would agree.

If your idea is to add another server, you would have to add 3 servers, and I am not sure there is enough of a call for that to fill 3 servers. I know I would not care to leave my server for that. But, that’s just me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

wvwvw is boring. Just a big zerg running around.
The aspect of open world internal server pvp, is the fact that it is surprise there would be a lot of fun on a server with this type of pvp.

It would be interesting to see how many people would transfer to a server like this.

If you roam solo in WvW you will find 1v1s……… I promise you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

why wouldn’t it work? It worked in Lineage 2

Because the whole Guild Wars 2 open world was built on the basis of player cooperation. You’d have to rebuild this game from ground up, changing it’s very core principles before you could introduce that. It’s not just a case of a server split, but a case of having to mantain a significantly different codebase for one server.

Disabling pvp in a pvp game is much, much easier than introducing that component to a game that doesn’t have it.

Also, ganking is something this game would be better off without.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ender.5983

Ender.5983

A lot of people asked for this and of course it would work, the game is set up perfectly for it the way you level down in zones etc. Also no WvW is nothing like real PvP, I don’t see how anyone who has played both can say that.

Unfortunately they already said they weren’t interested in a dedicated PvP server so you’ll just have to look elsewhere for that. Part of why I didn’t stick with GW2 as my primary MMO.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I think you’ll be seeing that only in your dreams :<

\||||||/
O°v°O