Waypoint conformation dialog box

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reincarnated.1754

Reincarnated.1754

when the waypoint conformation dialog box pops up can we have a bit of information like:

You are heading to an overflow
The overflow that you heading to has no Living world event in it.

I’m sick of traveling to worlds to do something and it’s not happening, cant do it

in Suggestions

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

your client doesnt really know if there’s an overflow of a particular map until it commences the map transfer and attempts to connect you to that particular map.

and adding a feature like the one you suggested would cause additional server load, and you are not the only player, there are a lot of players trying to connect to the same map(in this case, because of LS), it would bog down the server

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

(edited by Happyfool.8951)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

And having information like that up might not even be plausible.

After all, the living story event can end while you’re porting in. Or it can end while the confirmation is on the screen. Or the map could change from not needing overflows with a similar timing.

And then we would just have people complaining about those instead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reincarnated.1754

Reincarnated.1754

I don’t want to get an other demerit but I think you guys know what’s possible.

any ways I have since found out that New overflows for the invasion event are not created after 10 minutes from the initial announcement.

A simple “if then else” would work, with a massage for those that don’t know this would have been nice.
Like: this is a current invasion event map, over 10 minutes has elapsed since the start, you may not end up on a would with the event in progress.

As for going into an overflow, I must know if the main map is full or it would not put you in an overflow.