Waypoints and Asura Gates

in Suggestions

Posted by: Necro Lazarus.5697

Necro Lazarus.5697

Hi All,

Apologies if these have been raised before, but a couple of grumbles I have,

Firstly Waypoints, I got killed twice yesterday while I was afk and getting a brew. I thought I’d be safe teleporting to my nearest waypoint, only to find that when I returned brew in hand. I have a repair bill to deal with as well as losing my monthly survivor progress. Perhaps hiding behind the nearest rock would have been more suitable?

And also a small minor grumble about Asura gates, is there any way you could tell us the destination of teh Asura gate when hovering over on the mini map, it’s a pain running to the gate only to find it doesnt go where I need to.

Thanks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daysy of Ascalon.1974

Daysy of Ascalon.1974

Yes please, it would be useful if the labels on asura gates on the maps were a little more specific than telling us that they’re linked to somewhere far away.

As for going AFK Lazarus, if you’re alone the only safe way is to log to character select.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’m with Daysy. Waypoints are so plentiful that they can’t all be safe zones. I used to assume that when I first started playing but realized quickly that they’re generally located nearby something of substance, making them useful transport devices but they’re not “base.”

Asura Gates definitely need map labels.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Safe zone? What is that? I thought I would be safe in an outpost for a few minutes only to come back and find the whole place overrun, me dead and the closest functioning waypoint was a long haul away.
Surprise!