We need Giants

We need Giants

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pigarro.2057

Pigarro.2057

Anet plz add regular giants to the game, we need to kill 1000 for the slayer achievment, or delete that achievment.

Thank you guys

We need Giants

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

I would also add that changing the enemy type of Risen Giants from “risen” to “giant” would handily solve this problem, and give people another reason to be in Orr.

/signed

We need Giants

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cherokeewill.7504

Cherokeewill.7504

Agreed – to both points

We need Giants

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shuriko.8130

Shuriko.8130

Agreed. - one of the most annoying things to find

We need Giants

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I would also add that changing the enemy type of Risen Giants from “risen” to “giant” would handily solve this problem, and give people another reason to be in Orr.

/signed

I would like to see all risen that are not human be classified under the alternate type. The same goes for the other dragon’s minions as well. It makes it very annoying to kill 15 different kinds of things only to see your daily variety change by 1 because they were all undead, or crystals or ice minions.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

We need Giants

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

I would like to see all risen that are not human be classified under the alternate type. The same goes for the other dragon’s minions as well. It makes it very annoying to kill 15 different kinds of things only to see your daily variety change by 1 because they were all undead, or crystals or ice minions.

I agree, that change would make a lot of sense, especially given ANet’s current objective of revitalizing Orr. The majority of risen enemies by volume are humanoid, so this wouldn’t substantially increase the difficulty in slaying enemies for the risen category, but it would at least open up other categories for completion.

We need Giants

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

They should change the achievement. Should not require 1000 to kill. Or maybe regular mobs then. Not only that few champs.

Also the champ at Nageling / Diessa Plateau needs a different timer. Leveling there with my new charr thief and it seems too often. Every few minutes again someone telling about giant in chat… after it got killed.

Maybe they really want that champ to appear that often and us to farm it 1000 times? Don’t like it. It is a boring fight. Only ranging it for minutes and minutes until it is death. Or maybe a bit melee and dodging but since he is slow not that interesting.

We need Giants

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Oh god, imagine doing the Nageling Giant 1000 times.

That’s like 1000×15-20 minutes.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

We need Giants

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Finished it when I wrote that post. Maybe 1 minute ago(time needed to Alt+Tab out and write). Now it is up again already. And not even 15 minutes since then… too often… for a champ that takes too long to kill. Making the waypoint contested… definitely needs to be reworked.

Edit. Oh wait… I ran there to see it is not the giant. Thougth it was always the giant. Seems seperatists this time. Maybe giant soon then. I know it is still very often.

We need Giants

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I too would welcome if the risen in orr were not all lumped into a risen undead group.
Perhaps originally they meant for the giants there to count as giants.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

We need Giants

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

I do know of ONE non-champ giant in the game.
Sometimes one will spawn in the swamp in southwest Brisban Wildlands.
“Sometimes” meaning 1 of the many times I was there there was one.

We need Giants

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Bump

Both of the first two posts are great ideas.

/signed

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”