We need an expansion

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Necrosven.4068

Necrosven.4068

Hello to all of you, i will be very short- I really appreciate the Anet’s hard work to create the living work and I appreciate the new updates, but I really feel like there is an urgent need for a real, big expansion that will bring us new regions, dragons, storylines, gear..what do you people think?

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel ryuzaki.1402

Mel ryuzaki.1402

I totally agree and many do for sure. Instead wasting their time on living world events they would just follow people suggestions on forum and create an expansion aswell.
This may take long

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: MacLeod.4208

MacLeod.4208

I would like to see the living story progress to where we start hunting down the other dragons. When the races all organize to hunt them down, new areas will open up to explore in the name of finding and dealing with the remaining dragons. It would also be fun to open up the crystal desert down to elona. Having to fight our way down through new areas would be great. Then we could help the Elonians get rid of Joko. It would be a great way to merge living story and expansion.

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Patience friends. And I don’t know where you come from, but an Expansion after the game is only one Year old with a more than healthy amount of active Players is really, really, really unlikely to happen.

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ruby Highfarm.6073

Ruby Highfarm.6073

You mention new gear… I mention new skills/races/professions!

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ruby Highfarm.6073

Ruby Highfarm.6073

Patience friends. And I don’t know where you come from, but an Expansion after the game is only one Year old with a more than healthy amount of active Players is really, really, really unlikely to happen.

But, if Anet want’s to make an expansion at any time, it is time to get started.. Such a thing takes a long time…

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Justdeifyme.9387

4 Teams working on the Living Story is not the only thing Anet has. They mentioned that they have large groups working on other projects that they will talk about when their release comes near.

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

The living story will likely progress to eventually go where an expansion would have.

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

‘Dragons were not always the main antagonists of Guild Wars 2. According to The Making of Guild Wars 2 book, original drafts for story included demons and angelic beings descending to the world to judge it., – (guild wars 2 wiki on elder dragons) wow – that’d be awesome (once we finish ED’s/cantha/elona …. pretty please?)

it was only recently that there was no expansion being made at the moment- i think theyre going to use living story to add content that an expansion normally would, however living story is still in early stages – i think arena net are using 2013 as a testing phase – could be wrong though

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Most expansions start to come anyway mostly always like 2 years after the release of the main game.
1 year after release is way too quick for a good expansion.

So i stick with Justdeifyme and say … patience…patience young grasshoppers.
The time will come …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Question: How do you know one of the LS teams aren’t working on a massive update that’ll bring in a new region(s) / big baddie?

We already know they aim to bring in Ascended Weapons and Armour, Precursor Changes, new skills and traits, new crafting before the end of 2013 after all.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Justdeifyme.9387

I never said one of the LS Teams is working on a massive update that’ll bring a new Region.
It’s stated by a guy from Anet that they have Teams beyond the 4 LS Teams working on other Stuff, but he didn’t specified what, he just said those will be highlighted once their releases come closer.
But it’s highly likely that we get new zones with upcoming LS stuff, as every team has 8 Weeks to work on their update.

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

seeing how all the stuff is brought in the form of living story – i have to thank arenanet so much for all this free content – thanks guys

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

We need an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Need is too strong a word in my opinion. Sure it would be nice but i expect more areas to be added through living story over time such as the Crystal Desert, RoF , Maguma Wastes, EoTN maybe even the Isle of Janthir . These will of course take time so one shouldn’t expect them any time soon but i do expect at least a few to open up at some point .