We need more skills. Especially Weapon skills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CihandaR.2395

CihandaR.2395

We have limited amount of weapon skills. Each weapon has a different playstyle like support or dammage. I thought that we were free to chose what we want. Even we are able to chose from different weapons, the skills that we get are chosen by devs. An example I want to play as guardian with staff and deal dammage. Something like Gandalf xD. But it is not possible because of the lack of skills. I’m forced to use supportive spells and in pvp is kills what rewards you the most.

I liked the idea of being whatever you want without depending on another class, but I was dissapointed when I played the game. The reason I was dissapionted is that this time another barrier blocks our way to freedom. As i mentioned the weapon skills.

Now if they gave us more weapon skills to chose from wouldn’t it be awesome? Please give us that opportunity in the future expantions. But of course some kind of weapons may have more specific kind of skills but give us more variety.

Sorry for my English.

(edited by CihandaR.2395)

in Suggestions

Posted by: sakoy.2715

sakoy.2715

We have limited amount of weapon skills. Each weapon has a different playstyle like support or dammage. I thought that we were free to chose what we want. Even we are able to chose from different weapons, the skills that we get are chosen by devs. An example I want to play as guardian with staff and deal dammage. Something like Gandalf xD. But it is not possible because of the lack of skills. I’m forced to use supportive spells and in pvp is kills what rewards you the most.

I liked the idea of being whatever you want without depending on another class, but I was dissapointed when I played the game. The reason I was dissapionted is that this time another barrier blocks our way to freedom. As i mentioned the weapon skills.

Now if they gave us more weapon skills to chose from wouldn’t it be awesome? Please give us that opportunity in the future expantions. But of course some kind of weapons may have more specific kind of skills but give us more variety.

Sorry for my English.

i completely agree give people more uniqueness make it so very few people have the same skills perhaps have a skill tree type of thing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

They will most likely add more weapons , so we will get more skills.

But adding + skills per weapon so we could select which ones we want? Dont think it will ever be implemented.

Really , for a guard it would already become much harder to balance … now imagine the hell the devs would see balancing ele.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chakuna.6325

Chakuna.6325

But adding + skills per weapon so we could select which ones we want? Dont think it will ever be implemented.

Really , for a guard it would already become much harder to balance … now imagine the hell the devs would see balancing ele.

I thought ANet threw balance out of the window. Give us ALL the skills/utilities; make gw2 fun already.

I’m trying to go back, but I’m still here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

Stuff like this can only improve the game. They dont need to nurf numbers just the overall fell of abilites.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

in Suggestions

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

I’m still hoping they throw in a selection of skills per weapon skill slot… This has been suggested many times.. I’m hoping that some day one of these threads gets a response :-/ (and that I’ll be notified.. that’d be cool too).

Slow down and smell the pixels.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cenobite.2769

Cenobite.2769

While you’re probably right, I do think that a limited version could be implemented without too much fuss. Were I the one in charge, I’d probably consider a good compromise to be two skills per slot per weapon, leaving the auto-attack as is. (So, four new skills per weapon.) You could probably recycle a lot of the animations from other classes with a few tweaks, so that would cut down on dev time a little as well.

But maybe that wouldn’t be enough for some people. Me, I’d just like the option to replace Whirlwind Attack with a block skill…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Apart from the balancing problems, in the end almost everybody will be using the same skills anyway. Like it was in GW1. Most skills are just inferior. Imo the weapon based choice of skills adds enough flexibility without being overcomplicated, so no. More weapons, fine. More skills, no. Maybe increase versatility by improving the trait system and the effects it can have on existing skills.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Suggestions

Posted by: lepelvork.2149

lepelvork.2149

It is true… I mean I’m bored of playing with the same weapon skills. I also hate it when I don’t chose my favourite weapon because of it’s skills. Please Anet give us more skills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bleyzwun.1204

bleyzwun.1204

Please add more weapon skills! And yes… I want new skills for the current weapons. New weapons would be cool too… but can I just use the weapon I want and set it up to play the style I want? I don’t like being forced to use weapons I find ugly (or just plain don’t like the skills) because they fit my play style better.

Traits also need to be looked at. I just don’t find them all too interesting.

I feel that trying to balance everything has caused the combat to become a little bland. With the limited amount of skills we have, we should have some more unique skills than what’s available currently.

Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but it’s something that’s been on my mind lately.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kantharr.2308

Kantharr.2308

I’m thinking that they will probably add more skills to the weapons like how our other skills are. If they do this then it would be a lot like GW1 which is what I loved about the game. They will have to work on the balance thoroughly so there will be less problems than what will occur later on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fatalfox.9048

Fatalfox.9048

I agree as well we seriously need more skills. I understand no matter what at a certain point your going to be using the same skills over and over again but does it really have to be so early in the game? Please add more skills into the game not just weapons either expand the skill trees a bit further.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

I think they should make all weapons available to every class.

Why you bein’ cute?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

falling back on what the devs said, when they were still IN development — they didn’t want a whole host of possible skills per weapon; they wanted people to find the weapon that supported their playstyle. personally, i find the challenge of doing that to be refreshing, rather than the other way around.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

falling back on what the devs said, when they were still IN development — they didn’t want a whole host of possible skills per weapon; they wanted people to find the weapon that supported their playstyle. personally, i find the challenge of doing that to be refreshing, rather than the other way around.

The problem with that view point though is that it conflicts with part of the very design philosophy they announced at the start: “Play it your way” How can we be expected to “play it our way” when in order to use the weapons we want we are forced into a specific combat type or to use the combat type we want we are forced into specific weapon sets?

They honestly should have offered a small selection of skills per weapon. 3-4 per slot IMO… allow me to outline why 3-4 though…

• Direct Damage
  • Direct AoE Damage
  • Condition Damage
  • Supportive

Each weapon should function with each build type. While some build options may be less desirable than others offering the verity of those 3-4 skill types would help the game a lot… now before you say “you listed 4, why do you keep saying 3-4?” I say 3-4 because it’s apparent that not all 4 skill types are viable among all weapons, however at-least 3 of them should be viable regardless of weapon type.

Also before anyone says anything about offering supportive skills on all or most weapon sets would be paramount to adding dedicated healers…. let me remind you that “supportive” does not equal “healing”. You can provide supportive skills that offer damage buffing boons like Might and Fury…. You can offer supportive skills that grant defensive boons like Retaliation, Aegis, or Protction…. Supportive skills can create a small shielding sanctuary to block x number of attacks or only certain types of attacks like projectiles… Crowd control abilities are also supportive skills…. so support doesn’t mean healer.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

(edited by Panda.1967)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

I like the idea of adding a set of selective skills for each slot 1 to 5. It doesn’t even need to be add 3 to all of them at once, but like progressive. Add one skill to every slot at first, so we can choose between two skills per one slot. But then later add more and keep adding more. It will return the strategy aspect to Guild Wars 2 that many people so loved in Guild Wars. It’s just an idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Really old idea, but I still hope they do something like this. I’d even push for a “swap a Weapon Skill for a Utility Skill” option (limit 1 Utility Skill per Weapon Skill bar).

Attachments: