We really need a decent, measurable, critically important reason to become more powerful.

We really need a decent, measurable, critically important reason to become more powerful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zerocyde.9731

Zerocyde.9731

Else you’re just leveling to level so you can level so you can level.

With the down-leveling system in place, what better mmo in existence is there to randomly run into “enemy” players while out questing? The high levels are brought down to your level!

Here’s my idea.

1. Group all the servers into pairs, or just keep the trio system from WvW.
2. Players can transport to the other servers in their pair or trio at will.
3. Put one (at least) capture-able thing in each zone. An outpost or fortress or whatever. The lore doesn’t matter just some “thing” that can be captured in each zone.
4. Make these things MATTER! The players have to SERIOUSLY be disappointed for each of these things their server loses to an enemy server, and seriously excited for each of them their server has captured in enemy servers. (noticeable xp boosts or crafting boosts or whatever, it just has to be more than negligible. By FAR.)
5. Maybe you stay in your server and explore in semi-safety. Maybe you stay in an enemy server and explore in danger! (WHOO HOO!)
6. The higher the level zone the more players want to help out in that zone. Maybe there are better rewards, more things to capture, I’m not sure, but now you have a reason to level and you have fun doing it.

I’d pay you $15 a month to play on a server like that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zerocyde.9731

Zerocyde.9731

I am bumping this real quick.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elle.8064

Elle.8064

This sounds similar to what WvW is. They worked hard to make PvE and PvP separate, which is perfect. The dynamic events would get kind of messed up if you had to worry about enemy players coming and killing other players. The way the game runs currently is perfect, but this is merely my opinion.

I also enjoy the leveling in this game. I rarely notice what level I am because I’m too focused on what the game is offering me in the form of hearts, skill challenges, vistas, etc. I am very happy that ANet designs their games in the way they do. I enjoy GW2, and still love the first game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Else you’re just leveling to level so you can level so you can level.

With the down-leveling system in place, what better mmo in existence is there to randomly run into “enemy” players while out questing? The high levels are brought down to your level!

Here’s my idea.

1. Group all the servers into pairs, or just keep the trio system from WvW.
2. Players can transport to the other servers in their pair or trio at will.
3. Put one (at least) capture-able thing in each zone. An outpost or fortress or whatever. The lore doesn’t matter just some “thing” that can be captured in each zone.
4. Make these things MATTER! The players have to SERIOUSLY be disappointed for each of these things their server loses to an enemy server, and seriously excited for each of them their server has captured in enemy servers. (noticeable xp boosts or crafting boosts or whatever, it just has to be more than negligible. By FAR.)
5. Maybe you stay in your server and explore in semi-safety. Maybe you stay in an enemy server and explore in danger! (WHOO HOO!)
6. The higher the level zone the more players want to help out in that zone. Maybe there are better rewards, more things to capture, I’m not sure, but now you have a reason to level and you have fun doing it.

I’d pay you $15 a month to play on a server like that.

It’s an interesting idea for sure, but sorry NO thank you !

the game is perfect the way it is, without open world PVP messing with the PVE world.
If I want the excitement of PVP I’ll join the Mist Wars, when I’m tired of PVP I can go back to the PVE world and not worry about invaders from far away lands, just the way it should be.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

The world doesnt feel like a real world without world pvp and level capping and instance portals everywhere, feels more like an arcade game.

The framework of gw2 is great so cant help but think if they handnt tried to be so clever and just implemented what was good about all other mmos into gw2 it would be great.

Arenanet need to hire a psychologist to help with development.

(edited by dan.3618)

in Suggestions

Latinkuro.9420

if they handnt tried to be so clever and just implemented what was good about all other mmos into gw2 it would be great

And that is exactly what they did so your point is mute and nullified !

- open world PVP is a flawed and archaic form of PVP that has killed many good or at least promising mmorpg’s in the last 5 years…!

- The main issues with open world pvp are the ganking and griefing both of which arena.net has eliminated.

- if you want to gank you can still kind of do that in WvW but you won’t be able to grief anyone LOL !

I’m glad Arena.net recognized this and decided to improve and present us with something if not original at least refreshing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nebiros.5612

Nebiros.5612

No thanks to open world pvp, like many others have said i’ll go to the mists for that. I don’t want to be bothered with pvp content when I am off leveling or grinding mats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

Yeah, I’m also against world PvP. I don’t like PvP. I’m not interested in PvP. I find PvP in any form in an MMO to be a general waste of time. If I want to kill other players, I’ll go play an FPS online. I play MMO’s for the story, for questing and for exploring. So the ability to ignore PvP and enjoy the rest of the game is a godsend.

in Suggestions

Latinkuro.9420

Yeah, I’m also against world PvP. I don’t like PvP. I’m not interested in PvP. I find PvP in any form in an MMO to be a general waste of time. If I want to kill other players, I’ll go play an FPS online. I play MMO’s for the story, for questing and for exploring. So the ability to ignore PvP and enjoy the rest of the game is a godsend.

You sound like me 5 years ago
Now I cannot live without PVP, one thing I miss from it is the adrenaline rush and the tension it used to give me when I started doing PVP, after every match my hands used to keep shaking from all the adrenaline and my heartbeat would go through the roof, now a days it’s still fun but nowhere near that level of excitement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

Ironically, 5 years ago I didn’t sound like that. 5 years ago I was entrenched in Altrac Valley and other WoW battlegrounds. After farming Knight-Captain to get the stupid black battle cat, Blizz up and changed it so the rank didn’t mean anything. That pretty much killed MMO PvP for me. Used to PvP a bit in the original Everquest also.

It’s just done for me I guess. I don’t find it challenging or interesting. So long as it has its separate place like it does now, I’m a happy guy. Hope ANet never changes that.