We should get laurels for leveling past 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gwaiyn.4395

Gwaiyn.4395

just a tiny thought, what if along with dailies, we got laurels for every level we gained past 80

Gwaiyn – 80 Thief
Ryfaul – 80 Warrior
Fluene – 80 Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Seems a bit too easy judging from the fact you gain like 3/4 a level from a dungeon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

it would solve the grind problem.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

I agree, getting laurels will take way to long with us only getting 1 per day. They should add other ways to get them and just up the price for some of the lower end things a bit to compensate. Possibly make all achievements give them, or just ones like completing jumping puzzle achieves and the new discover secret areas ones. Or make it where we get 1 for each sub daily we do, and like 5 per thing for the monthly rather than a single one for doing all parts. But other than that the things you can get with them are pretty nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

This is terrible, except in the opposite direction. Right now, one a day is kind of limiting, but a level 80 could easily farm dozens in a single day were they to be given upon leveling up.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

Levels come way too fast to add a reward to it other than SPs.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

in Suggestions

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

Devs had said they will eventually reward us for our old achievement points. They’re probably still figuring out good numbers and eliminating the repeatables (entropy one, maybe hobby dungeon)

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

No. Considering its easy to lvl 10 times a day… it would make the items you get from them worthless. Nobody would start new characters or play any content. Everyone would just speedrun CoF p1 20 to 30 times a day. Then the game will really die.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

it would solve the grind problem.

What are you, a parrot? Until you can identify a single grind problem, people will just ignore your input, if you think the game is grindy and not worth your time, stop trolling the forums every hour.

As for leveling past 80 giving laurels, it would be completely too easy. Would rather see some way of optionally spending set amounts of skill/achievement points on laurels somehow.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

NO. Absolutely not. Skill points are the currency you get for gaining XP past 80. Why would we need a second, redundant currency?

What you’re really asking is for the laurel vendors to become skill point vendors, which I might agree with in part, if the prices were reasonable (and not too low). I’m not shooting to craft a legendary, so I kind of have no use for skill points whatsoever.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

They used this system for longevity purpose, the one who thought about this only way was smart indeed. Besides they wanted to make people to log in and play for this currency.

I just hope too their goal isnt to have 100 currency types.

I took an arrow to the knee

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Maybe use SP (skillpoints) to buy them? You can determine the amount of SP they would cost.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

I would support trading skill points for laurels, but not getting laurels strictly from leveling. Say 20 skill points per laurel or something, that would be a reasonable exchange.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

It misses the point of rewarding a player for playing world content (though I don’t think it is perfect atm, i.e. it doesn’t make us go back in maps).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Suggestions

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

We should get at least 1000 laurels for creating character.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

The Laurel award system is not complete yet and they might add more stuff for getting them and even retroactive reward them for achievements we have done.
Hearts now also give karma and although it’s a shame I have my main on 100%, it’s a good thing.
They better reward laurels for 100%-ing an area or completing different sets of achievements.
Also make region specific goals/mini events to complete to migrate people to certain area’s of the game, these can be done weekly and reward say 2 laurels.
Example:
Weekly: The Skritt of area X have been reproducing out of control and are now threatening to infest the area, due to their great number they are very smart and powerfull and are a force to be reckoned with.
To all heroes: “This is no noble deed, but one that need’s doing, we must reduce the Skritt population before they take over the area and destroy everything in their path.”
Objectives:
-Slay xxx Skritt in the whole area of X (which increases your slayer achievement, which will in time get you completed sets of achievements, which will get you laurels)
-Destroy xx of their newly invented warmachines
-Collapse xx Skritt burrows do disperse the populus and lower their intelligence
The Skritt will be around in greater numbers and are higher in lvl because of this event, they also use more advanced weapons and tactics because of their increased intelligence.
Well this is just an example of a weekly how I think it could work.
So per month:
30/31 Laurels from daily
8/10 from weekly
10 from monthly
XX from 100% area’s
XX from completing set’s of achievements
Depending on how your playstyle is you can get over 60 laurels each month.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Axesome.1025

Axesome.1025

Very bad idea.

What about new players with low-level characters?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

We should think up new and contrived yet stupidly easy ways to get our laurels faster.

Skillpoints are too easy to get. Maybe if you got a laurel for every 50 skillpoints that could work, otherwise that’s making laurels way too easy to get. It’s ascended gear, it’s BiS and rare, such things are generally supposed to be difficult to get.

But everybody wants stuff for no effort.

Thanks Obama….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Maybe use SP (skillpoints) to buy them? You can determine the amount of SP they would cost.

10-15 Skill points per laurel. Then I could kinda agree.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Suggestions

Odinius.9826

Very bad idea.

The number of players in said area would be big enough for lowbies to easily tag along with other players.

Evil Mode
Plus we could get our daily heals for ressing them
/Evil Mode

in Suggestions

Axesome.1025

Very bad idea.

The number of players in said area would be big enough for lowbies to easily tag along with other players.

Evil Mode
Plus we could get our daily heals for ressing them
/Evil Mode

How could lowbie pass level 80 if he’s lowbie?

I’d agree with 1 laurel for 10 levels.

in Suggestions

Odinius.9826

[/quote]

How could lowbie pass level 80 if he’s lowbie?

[/quote]

I thought you were referring to my post above yours suggesting a weekly with more powerfull enemies in certain area’s

in Suggestions

Posted by: vanRaamsdonk.8042

vanRaamsdonk.8042

Give us laurels for killing world bosses

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

We should get at least 1000 laurels for creating character.

Not sure if serious…

in Suggestions

Axesome.1025

I thought you were referring to my post above yours suggesting a weekly with more powerfull enemies in certain area’s

Sorry, didn’t read that one before however your suggestion in great.
I’d keep it simple by awarding you with 1 laurel for leveling up 10 times.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

finishing the story mode = 50
completion of an individual map = 5
reaching 80 (since you can only do that once per character) = 20
retaking of god temples in Orr = 2/each temple
failing to occupy Grenth’s temple = 90