Weapon Dyes

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeidrich.8435

Zeidrich.8435

Awesome idea! Would make some skins actually useful.

“This above all: to thine own self be true.”
-William Shakespeare

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: RageExpert.2453

RageExpert.2453

i still think legendary weapons wouldnt be allowed to change colors, but thats up to Anet, and agreed Bball!

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brunnsteinangel.2568

Brunnsteinangel.2568

That’s a MUST!
You have my vote!
+1

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

I support the addition of weapon dyes obviously not for all weapons as long as it is done well granted would be funny seeing someone running around with a giant shiny pink great sword it would start to hurt my eyes after awhile but ya weapon dying once more would be nice wouldn’t even care if you gave it its own dye sets.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

RageExpert.2453

Thanks for the support!, and i think Huge pink greatswords would be hilarious hahaha

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

There was once a time that a player can dye their weapons to whatever color they want. That was Guild Wars 1. I am surprise that Anet did not offer this kind of system for the players to dye weapon.

It would be great if they reintroduce that function into the game again, but I would bet Anet would make it a big announcement for these kind of things, like as if its was a new concept.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

RageExpert.2453

There was once a time that a player can dye their weapons to whatever color they want. That was Guild Wars 1. I am surprise that Anet did not offer this kind of system for the players to dye weapon.

It would be great if they reintroduce that function into the game again, but I would bet Anet would make it a big announcement for these kind of things, like as if its was a new concept.

yeah, either way i hope we get it soon

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’m happy to see that this thread is still going. I wonder why the Devs didn’t think of implementing this at launch. Seriously, fully customizable armor dyes but no weapons?

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

+1!!! Excellent idea!!!

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

RageExpert.2453

I’m happy to see that this thread is still going. I wonder why the Devs didn’t think of implementing this at launch. Seriously, fully customizable armor dyes but no weapons?

my exact thoughts haha, keep the support going guys!

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

Dont forget making Backpack dyeable too. Quivers must be able to be matched to armor. – plus, it would add 1000x more “quivers” instead of the 2 we have. (Purely Asthetics)

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yes please!

I miss this feature every time I try to find nice looking weapons

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: shyrith.3462

shyrith.3462

Probobably won’t happen. Someone in a guild I was in bought $200 worth of gems to trade for gold just to get really expensive weapons that better fit his characters armor.

But I would also love to see this, and hope it does happen regardless.

ET and proud to be!

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

+1ed. Loved this feature in the first game.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

RageExpert.2453

Dont forget making Backpack dyeable too. Quivers must be able to be matched to armor. – plus, it would add 1000x more “quivers” instead of the 2 we have. (Purely Asthetics)

this would be nice

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

And Books! Scholars gotta match too :P

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jordi.6081

Jordi.6081

You have my mace! /signed
I have a golden armor and i’m using a Guild Mace, which is dark blue/black. I would love to dye the mace golden or silver.
This would make the game so much better!

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

RageExpert.2453

You have my mace! /signed

This would make the game so much better!

Agreed!

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fievre.4510

Fievre.4510

I’m sure they have their reasons for not including it, since it was a feature in GW1. I sort of miss it, but at the same time some weapons looked really… dumb.

I only really would like to see my felblade be black again ._.

So +.5? I guess

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

While I’d like further customization, I think it would force the devs to work harder in terms of weapon design to justify each weapon’s existance. edit: In truth, it may just cause the devs to give up in frustration and we won’t see much weapon varity at all.

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

RageExpert.2453

While I’d like further customization, I think it would force the devs to work harder in terms of weapon design to justify each weapon’s existance. edit: In truth, it may just cause the devs to give up in frustration and we won’t see much weapon varity at all.

Understandable, but it would still let us be more unique as a whole, even if you did want a huge pink greatsword.. lol

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adeodatus.7625

Adeodatus.7625

Fantastic idea, this has bothered me since the game started. (not much in this game bothers me and it is great that most things I would suggest are so minor)

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katody.7138

Katody.7138

+1. I support this motion AND I made a thread like this before

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

They are still lacking a number of things like the hidden animationless /commands of old oh /flute when will I be able to use you maybe they are waiting to release and bundle all the nostalgia items together :P

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Candacis.7048

Candacis.7048

I agree. I would want to dye my weapon skins.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

RageExpert.2453

what do we want? DYED WEAPONS. when do we want them? NOW

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: GunshyGamer.2076

GunshyGamer.2076

what do we want? DYED WEAPONS. when do we want them? NOW

+1

Spent forever looking for a good frost themed sword on my guardian. If I could have dyed my weapons I could have easily just made the blade of any nice weapon a lighter shade of blue and maybe a gold design plastered over a midnight ice hilt… Would have made life so much easier.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

+ 300 Make it happen Net guys…

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

RageExpert.2453

+ 300 Make it happen Net guys…

lets do it!

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

RageExpert.2453

Would love this! My only disagreement with you is that legendaries SHOULD be dyeable too. I’m working on the bifrost and my only worry is that my armour doesn’t look good in white… So I’d like the option to due the bifrost black or gold to match my armour colours, otherwise I may have to get a new armour set that looks good in white, also might need to redo my character to change his skin colour… Which is a lot of work unless you could just dye your weapon.

You can do this in GW1, so why not in GW2?

I understand your point, and you did work hard for it, but it is a LEGENDARY after all, it should remain the same way it is

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taralom.9562

Taralom.9562

+1

This should have been in from the get go.

Arkanoi from Aurora Glade
Most likely in a pub…unable to sit on stools/chairs

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Narcemus.1348

The Legendary Weapons, to me, are a lot like the “Unique” weapons that would drop in GW1. You work hard grinding to get these weapons and when you get them they are specific stats, specific skin, and specific coloration. I think the smarter thing for them to do would be to create more legendaries, which I think is already on their docket.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

RageExpert.2453

The Legendary Weapons, to me, are a lot like the “Unique” weapons that would drop in GW1. You work hard grinding to get these weapons and when you get them they are specific stats, specific skin, and specific coloration. I think the smarter thing for them to do would be to create more legendaries, which I think is already on their docket.

Agreed!

Bump back up to the first page, lets show more attention

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Julie Yann.5379

I want this mainly for the guild shield I got in WvW. I had to completely change my armor dyes just to make it match. It would look so nice with the midnight dyes. Would also be nice to change to glowing part on my Pact GS, sword, and mace.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

+1
I see a lot of old GW1 skins in GW2
and i always think:
how is it possible that this weapon looks worse in GW2 while it was so awesome in GW1?? ….ah yeah it can not be dyed

Examples
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Icy_Dragon_Sword
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jormag%27s_Breath
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Pyroclastic_Axe
search for Maw of the DamXed in GW2 wiki (replace the X with n … stupid Arenanet censoring their own weaponnames…)

And for these 2 examples:
I like the GW1 version way better… dont know why they made these 2 weapons look worse :/

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: letum.5784

letum.5784

Agree. It’s one of the only updates I want in the entire game. I don’t care if it takes long, I think it’s a must have update. I hate it when there’s a skin I like, but have to match the hideous colours to my armour just to make it look somewhat fashionable.

I’d also like to see animated dyes. A ‘Ghostly Dye’ one would look AMAZING with foefire’s essence (and Guardians in general – because they’re all about spirit weapons and such), or even a ‘Phantasmal Dye’, to make mesmers look like phantasms – now that would be epic, and these dyes would be extremely popular.

A ‘Voltaic Dye’ which has that electric current sort of look, like the voltaic spear in GW1, or the scepter in GW2 ‘Coldsnap’.

A ‘Chaos Dye’ which would be all glowy and luminescent like the chaos axe in GW1 would be popular as well.

Edit: And perhaps a ‘Volcanic Dye’ which would be an animated lava dye that flows molten lava :P would look AMAZING.

We need more epic skins too. I say bring back the voltaic spear from GW1. Heck, even put old GW1 skins as rewards for badges of honor in WvW even, it would make people want to WvW more.

I think Arenanet would get even more players with ideas like this anyway.

+1 For this. You made me drool as I was reading this.

Guild: New Legends of Mystic and Might
Guild Tag: NLMM
Lvl 80 Clematis Bijou (Ranger)

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

RageExpert.2453

Bump, lets show Anet what we want

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Julie Yann.5379

I was hoping to see more +1s. Over 1000 people viewed this thread and less then 80 added there +1.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caatalyst.7289

Caatalyst.7289

+1 I really like the suggestion in the first post about how to implement this.

I don’t see why it would cause the developers any issues when designing weapons. They can still use exactly the same approach choosing the colours that they think work. It is then up to the player whether they want to customize them or not.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Narcemus.1348

Just because only 80 people have +1’d it doesn’t mean much. All it says is that there are 920 people who don’t really care either way, because if people hated the idea they would post it, and I don’t think I’ve seen 1 negative comment yet.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

+1 for I would have decked out my mesmer in a full ensemble of Durmund Priory weaponry if I could simply change that drab teal coloring to a more scrumptious fuchsia or mesmer magenta.

There’s a reason my girlfriend calls me Rarity…

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Julie Yann.5379

Just because only 80 people have +1’d it doesn’t mean much. All it says is that there are 920 people who don’t really care either way, because if people hated the idea they would post it, and I don’t think I’ve seen 1 negative comment yet.

That’s the thing, if you don’t care either way, why not add a +1 to the idea and maybe get something good out of it? If the devs look through and see 1000 +1s they might say, “looks like people really want this, maybe we should see about including this in the game.” but if they only see 100 +1s they might say “meh maybe we’ll think about it later.”

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

+1 this would make some weapons look so much better, would love to see the peacemaker weapons in blue!

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

couldn’t agree more.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I wish someone used this idea.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I don’t want to see pink greatswords.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

I know this would be a massive undertaking… but the people have spoken! Like so many others, I would love to see this change.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

If the colours are realistic sure. Effects on weapon should be dyeable as well, there you can have other out of place colours. Black lightning on Bolt, yes please.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dread.5963

Dread.5963

The Desert Rose is so awesome, but doesn’t really go with the whole black-and-red thing I have going on my Sylvari.

Weapon Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vocah.1208

Vocah.1208

100% support

Weapons and shields need this badly, instead of being forced to chase down a weapon you don’t really like but the colours match your dream set.