Weapon Scaling When Sheathing/Unsheathing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reece.7341

Reece.7341

I’m not sure if anyone notices this, but it is horribly jarring for me immersion wise when I see it.

When you sheath your weapons (More noticeable with 2H weapons), the size of your weapon shrinks by at least 25%. It is very annoying and once it is seen, it is impossible to unsee.

I’m not sure if this was intended or not, or if they just wanted to make the weapons seem more massive while wielding them. I would like to see them stick with one size for weapons when sheathed/unsheathed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

Actually i was more irritated by the way characters hold 2h swords. Looks totally stupid, not to say its totally unpractical. In life you would get exausted in 10 seconds.

Or the way dual swords or swords at all look sheated.
They are way to loong, they would get in the way, and look stupid hanging from your side all the way to the ground.
Why cant they put 1 of them on there back? Also more practical and effective. Also looks totally cool.

Not to mention swords also look stupid when using them. They are way to long, and they look just wrong when used. (might be the effect of the model, or the animation of swings or all togather not sure).
This comes out exspecially with Flurry (warrior) and Blurred Frenzy

I also suggest that if oyu Dual Wield swords or the same weapon, not only give 2 more skills, butchange skill 1 to ( auto attack) so characters use them both. Not just hold the weapons in ofhand……waste of point heaving them…..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bhuta.1480

Bhuta.1480

No I actually hadn’t noticed this but thank you for bringing it to my attention, no doubt it will continually annoy the kitten out of me now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reece.7341

Reece.7341

Hah. Sorry! Should have put a spoiler tag on it or something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

I first noticed this with hammers on the asura, it’s really quite noticable how it instantly changes in size when sheathing/unsheathing.

And you are right, it’s one of those once you’ve seen it, you alway see it things.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This very noticeable when playing as an asura, but then again, this is a fantasy game, and asura could easily have made devices to alter the space around them so weapons become smaller when holstered, or some kind of attachment they quickly put on equipped weapons so they become smaller when sheathed.

This isn’t weirder than a weapon becoming huge in the hands of a Norn, but tiny in the hands of an Asura. It just happens in the same model instead across models.

Just imagine Sun Wukong’s staff, smaller than a toothpick when not in use, huge like a tower if the user so desires.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!