Weapon Upgrades

Weapon Upgrades

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zemarca.6218

Zemarca.6218

While I understand why the decision to have the weapon upgrades feel the same as the armor upgrades, but I truly miss the component system in GW1.
I am not sure why the system in GW1 was more satisfying than just adding a ruin that stacks with your armor ruins, but I really enjoyed changing the components with the pieces of the weapon.
I think the ability to tweak your weapon to that degree was very powerful and fun. Not only do you get that flexibility you also get a small satisfaction of changing the name of your weapon and the feeling of actually assembling the weapon with the hilts, pommel, haft etc.. components.
Having these different components would also make the crafting more satisfying as well instead of just creating one sigils or it might make people complain since they have to use more materials etc.
Not sure if this is a suggestion or a random comment but I wouldnt mind seeing what it feels like in GW2.

Weapon Upgrades

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I sort of agree and but sort of disagree.
I feel like for me in GW1 this was one of the elements I didn’t really grasp until I had finished the game, by which point it mattered very little.
There are a lot of players like me who take time to get their heads around all the more intricate aspects of gameplay and mechanics.
Weapon and armour modification is something that you can’t really do until you’re at max level because before then you are continuously changing equipment as you find better loot and you level up.

I think that is really the main reason they haven’t implemented a system like GW1s.
Getting to level 20 in Factions and Nightfall didn’t take long at all, at which point you could figure out the weapons and armour systems and make something that works well with your build (Prophecies as a bit of a different story xD). But GW2’s huge level ramp makes something like that way too annoying for anyone who isn’t at endgame.

Even now, I find myself in constant need of trans-stones simply to keep the armour I like the look of while getting the improved stats of new loot as I level up >.>