Weapon and Armor Skin Crafting

in Suggestions

Posted by: JWaggz.5862

JWaggz.5862

I think skins are a great way to make the game fun and much more personalized. I have a great idea for armor and weapon crafting as far as skins go. This may be asking a great feat of Anet and the Guild Wars 2 Dev team, but I assure you that there is no MMORPG out there that would be better fitted for this.

So in the game “Spore” you can create any creature in almost any way you like. There are preset shapes and bits and pieces that you can choose from and there are a number of ways you can scale those pieces and parts. Imagine Crafting things in this way.

It would work something like this:

—There would be many parts and pieces you could create for an amount of resources. Then you would could shape those pieces and pace them where you feel would be aesthetically pleasing. Afterwards, you would save that newly created weapon as a skin and only as a skin.

—The skins would be saved in your crafting production so that you can create them again quickly if you have the resources to create it.

—The skins could then be sold on the BLTP to other players. Maybe even customized with a guild crest or your own personal crest.

I understand that this would be a huge undertaking but I think It would be an amazing idea and I would even help with interface ideas if needed. (As I have experience with Graphic Design).

All that being said, It would be a lot of fun for everyone.

Join me on Jade Quarry
AMD A8-6500 || 8Giggabooties Rum || AMD R9 2SexyX || Vinderz 7

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

This, being only skins, could also be a nice little moneyspinner, buying additional skins / parts / effects to use.

Although I’m pretty sure they’ll be OK designing their interface

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

JWaggz.5862

Maybe players could also have a choice of their skin being sold for gold or gems as they choose as well.

Join me on Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

JWaggz.5862

How about anyone else? Come on guys, if you could skin your own weapons and armor, wouldn’t that be awesome?

Join me on Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

If I could craft my shadow armor on my ele for any level instead of having to transmute it, full support.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

JWaggz.5862

That is quite similar to my idea and actually could be the other half of my idea. My idea is mainly the overall look of the items.. (size, curves, bits and pieces, all things very much like creature creation in spore). So if we put both your idea and mine together then It would be a very in depth skin creator

Join me on Jade Quarry