Weapon's for all.

Weapon's for all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DoomNeto.3940

DoomNeto.3940

Now, I understand adding a whole new class is a tad difficult to do (what with balance and all), But maybe ArenaNet could make each class use any weapon. I would assume that would be easier then adding new classes, And it would make the game fresh and give all us veteran players something new to work on while letting new players be more diverse in their character creation.

I personally would also love a couple new races such as perhaps playable Kodan race or maybe Dwarves or whatever. I know that would take some time to do what with achievements having to be added and all. Also, Capes would be terrific as a back piece.

That’s my two cents. Thanks for reading. ^^

Weapon's for all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I dislike this idea very strongly and highly disapprove. Different classes are fun because they are unique from other ones. If they started allowing every class to use every weapon, not only would you get silly things like warriors using focus and scepters, but you would run into many weapons that would be incredibly similar to other weapons of a different class. The uniqueness of your class would then be nullified.

Do a few classes deserve another weapon or 2? Yes I think so. I think engineer deserves a 1h hammer, maybe 2h. I think engi, thief, and ranger deserve a crossbow. I think warrior and necromancer deserve a great axe. I think warrior deserves a polearm. Thief could get a billyclub. Ranger could get a rifle. Mesmer could use mh pistol and a dagger. Necro a scythe.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Weapon's for all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

ANet did say a while back they were looking into adding weapons to classes but I dont know that giving all classes all weapons would make them more diverse . As for Dwarves they’ve all been turned to stone when they underwent the rite of the Great Dwarf so dont expect to see them at all .

Weapon's for all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

No to this…

not all weapons to all, that would be pure utterly nonsense to do that.

More weapons for all classes, YES, but only those that would fit to the classes.

Engineers should receive for example:
- Axes
- Maces
- Hammers
- Torch
as also new Tools like Electro Shockers for example as wind opposite version to the Flame Thrower

Thiefs for example should become able to dual wield swords finally, get Crossbows and Longbows as also Whips/Chain Sickles and Chakrams and Torchs (to make it brief, all classes should be able to use Torchs!), Quarterstaffs and Claws
They are the class, which makes the best use of many possible new weapon types

Warriors should receive Great Axes and Halberds additionally as like also Guardians.

Elementalists should receive Swords, Shields, Shortbows and Greatsword and Chakrams, everything they can conjure as elemental weapon, should they also be able to wield normally. Conjure Skills can then be redesigned and removed to make space for 4 more useful Utility Skills, when the conjure skilsl get integrated with the new weapons.

Necro should receive Sword, Great Axe (Executioner Style, perfect also for a melee based Scythe similar gameplay with a Scythe Greataxe Reskin), Whip/Chain Sickle/ Claws

Ranger should receive Cross bows, Recurve Bows, Quarterstaffs, Sword for offhand, Hammer, Mace, Whip/Chain Sickle

Mesmer should receive Axe, Mace, Whip, Chakrams
—-

By adding older weapons to the classes as also by addign new weapon types into the game, all classes would receive alot more new weapon skills that can be used to create alot of new diversive builds together with a then also hopefully redesigned trait system that should allow for a much more detailed and a bit more complex interesting character progression in general.

just my 2 cents

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Weapon's for all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

fun thing is, i can play with every single weapon in GW1 having only one profession and have a bigger advantage then i have in GW2.
if a LMAO emote was here, i would’ve used it at least 10X

Weapon's for all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

It would be far too much work for both.
New races = new story, new armours, new weapons, new NPCS, new maps etc etc
All races able to use every weapon would mean they’d have to change animations and a lot of traits, in fact.. they’d probably have to add an extra few teirs to traits just to factor in each weapon.

Weapon's for all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

you’re wrong about the animations tho, they already have them…..

Weapon's for all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

New professions and new races will most likely never happen. Certainly not in the foreseeable future. Opening up more weapon options for all professions is something that ANet has said they would like to do. A lot of players want it too, so that is likely to happen at some point.

The challenge with adding new weapons (besides profession balance) is what it does to the Trait Lines. They can add new weapons without modifying Traits, but that’s unlikely. Most weapons have 1-3 Traits that support the weapon in one or more lines. So each weapon added would require a rework of the Trait Lines to make room for new Traits. Or possibly a new trait line, but that seems unlikely to me, and anyway would require just as much time and effort.

It’s not something that will prevent implementation of new weapons options, but it does mean that the process requires lots of work and testing, so it probably won’t happen often, and I really doubt any profession will get access to all weapons, much less all weapons for all professions.

Weapon's for all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

they did say in their plans that they will be adding all weapons to each class. what i am really wanting though is a new class and also 1 or 2 new weapon skills to choose from for each weapon per 1-5 action keys.

Weapon's for all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

“New Skills and Traits” was mentioned in the “Looking Ahead” post last summer. I do think they intend to add new weapon options, Skills, and Traits to the game over time. I guess there is still some time for them to squeeze it in before 2014, but it seems less likely every day. I think we’ll get them eventually, though.