Weapon scaling and asura

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mythazor.4570

Mythazor.4570

Just bought the scythe skin. It looks great when unsheathed, but the size when sheathed is pretty terrible.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agent Orange.6850

Agent Orange.6850

Wasabi we are talking about asura to weapon ratio. So regardless the size difference between an asura and a child the actual weapon scale on the asura is tiny.

Also, T3 weapons are obtainable by any race. It’s T3 armor that’s restricted.

I too agree that the weapons are too small, I also made a thread about the actual placement on the back. It’s placed far too low compared to other races and looks ridiculous.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: ThePropagation.3692

ThePropagation.3692

I agree the weapon placement is much further down closer to the waist rather than the shoulder .

There already is some great examples in the thread.

But I don’t understand why Arena Net thought that this weapon size and placement was a good choice to begin with.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Selka.5802

Selka.5802

Please, dont split more this post!!!

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

Agree all, today i can see the preview of the predator in my asura engineer and compared when is weilding by a Human is tooooooo small. When is wealding by a human is a big riffle, not the bigest ( chaarzuka ) but is pretty big and detailed, but in the asura is super small and is hard to see the details in the tubes and the lion head.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

ThePropagation.3692

I wish we could get some kind of response about this. Is it even on the radar for Arena Net that this is a problem for people trying to enjoy Asura characters. Didn’t they say it was sad to see so few playing Asura and Charr well fix this and that might change ! for the Asura at least.

I know a few people who turned away from Asura or wont even bother to try them simply because of the horrible weapon size and placement.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Selka.5802

Selka.5802

I create a new human warrior… i dont like to see a legendary greatsword on a asura xD

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Completely agree with OP. I rolled a human Guardian instead of Asura only because the Asura weapons are miniscule and armor tough to see. Also, the limited choices on character creation for Asura is sad.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: LaoKuku.3506

LaoKuku.3506

Totally agree. I’m an Asura Engineer and i find the backpacks are too small the recent Mad Memories are really small too … comparing it with other races … the cuteness of “small body and oversized items” totally did not happen in Guild Wars 2 …

I’m myself a 3D artist and i know scaling arent that tough … well for weapons it might need some tweaking on the rigs … but a backpack or a book on the back are easy tweaks … if this is Skyrim I would have easily tweaked with the construction set …

so yeah looking forward to Anet respond to this … this is my 2nd post in the forum the first was in the thread asking for engineer weapon kit auto fire … and after a few weeks its been patched … so im very happy Anet does listen and take into consideration gamers request … anyways great job guys for bring us awesome Guild Wars 2 … hate u guys for making me stick to my seats for hours of hours of fun …

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Asura use their magic-technology to wield big weapons.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

i have been reading this post, how about ASURA weapons all sheaf on the back rather than down by there sides, that way my little asura warrior would look bloody awesome lol

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galneon.5096

Galneon.5096

I have an Asura and my greatswords are longer than my character is tall. I don’t know how someone could consider them too small.

Seawrack – Mesmer
[FINE] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: LaoKuku.3506

LaoKuku.3506

Totally agree. I’m an Asura Engineer and i find the backpacks are too small the recent Mad Memories are really small too … comparing it with other races … the cuteness of “small body and oversized items” totally did not happen in Guild Wars 2 …

I’m myself a 3D artist and i know scaling arent that tough … well for weapons it might need some tweaking on the rigs … but a backpack or a book on the back are easy tweaks … if this is Skyrim I would have easily tweaked with the construction set …

so yeah looking forward to Anet respond to this … this is my 2nd post in the forum the first was in the thread asking for engineer weapon kit auto fire … and after a few weeks its been patched … so im very happy Anet does listen and take into consideration gamers request … anyways great job guys for bring us awesome Guild Wars 2 … hate u guys for making me stick to my seats for hours of hours of fun …

Actually today while i was creating a new character … i click on asura and engineer … and with backpack … the backpack is a lot bigger than the in game version … i got no idea why during character creation they show us big backpack while in game is a small one …

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Actually today while i was creating a new character … i click on asura and engineer … and with backpack … the backpack is a lot bigger than the in game version … i got no idea why during character creation they show us big backpack while in game is a small one …

I’m assumming that the models seen in character selection, character creation and cinematics are not exactly the same as the ones we see in combat.
That’ll explain why do they sometimes look different to one another.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

What ? In my server Charr are everywhere.

We’re out of chicken

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Icarus Pherae.4680

Icarus Pherae.4680

funny, my three characters are asura engie, charrdian, and sylvari thief. I can understand why ppl are upset about weapons size, it did deter my asura being a guardian, but it is far more realistic this way.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I just wanted to state that I am also very disappointed at how tiny all the weapons look on Asuras. I am maining an Asura elementalist and just got me a mystic staff, but it looks like a little stick.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vlaxitov.5693

Vlaxitov.5693

I don’t want my Asura warrior’s greatsword or hammer to look like it outweighs my character. The greatsword in particular is already bordering on ridiculas.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

Example of the Ascalon Greatsword on a Norn and Asura…

why they have the grip in the belt?

^ This. If GS dimension is ok (imo it could be a little bigger, just a little tho) positioning is certainly flawed.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Weapons shrink WAAAY too much on asura. My staff is nearly half the size when it’s sheathed. It looks completely awful.

I understand they did to prevent ground clipping, but there is NO reason they can’t have the weapon sticking up a little further over my asura’s head like everyone other class.

It feels like a complete waste of time to bother grinding for skins for my asura cause it goes completely to waste, it’s really depressing me. =/

PLEASE fix this Anet.

As you can see below, my staff is nearly cut in half when sheathed, there’s no reason it can’t have a little room to grow above my head. And on top of that, ear clippage. =[

Attachments:

(edited by Knote.2904)

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I definitely agree, that the weapons are WAY too small on Asura…
half the fun of using a small race is having giant weapons on them. The way it is right now, some things are almost not visible when zoomed out. pistols are about 1/2 the size they should be.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

if we(Asura)are going to have bigger weapons, then at least have all weapon types strapped to the back instead of trailing in the dirt down by the sides. It would look stupid.

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: amax.8034

amax.8034

+1 for bigger asura weapons

I’ve leveled my main asura thief till level 40 and then after noticing how much bigger the weapons on other characters are I had to re roll as a sylvari.

Although I absolutely loved the asura story, the re roll forced me to play with a race that had a weaker story, replay through the content and basically miss on all the fun asura animations that I love and the weapon size is currently holding me back to make another asura alt.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: kingslayer.1342

kingslayer.1342

Absolutely this. I’m getting so frustrated with how my asuran looks and I’ve already invested too much time into the character to roll another one (lvl 80, 96% world completion, exotics, etc.).

PLEASE, Arena-Net, I’m sure it’s one of the easier problems to fix and it would make so many players happy.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doctor Who.2081

Doctor Who.2081

Yep, as an Asuran warrior, my hammer is tiny. Also, my sword looks more like a dagger.

Attachments:

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Doctor Who.2081

Also here is my hammer, looking tiny.

Attachments:

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: BayLife eNvoy.7180

BayLife eNvoy.7180

Even Asura’s heads are bigger then weapons

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Doctor Who.2081

Even Asura’s heads are bigger then weapons

Man, everyone makes fun of my dome lol

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’m using an Ebon Hawke greatsword, and it’s fairly big. Slightly sticks into the ground.
And it has been this way for other Greatswords, too.
How big do you want it to be? It’s already clipping

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: wolfstricker.8241

wolfstricker.8241

Yep, as an Asuran warrior, my hammer is tiny. Also, my sword looks more like a dagger.

lol just imagine how tiny is my dagger

bay the way i love doctor who to =-)

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

^This. Why can’t they at least confirm they have seen this issue and agree that it’s a flaw and that it will be on their table to fix? Not saying giving us a date but at least confirm they agree this is an issue and that they will fix it.

Thank you Selka for showing in a very clear and defined issue this is.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mrowqa.3861

Mrowqa.3861

Can someone explain me the fact that i took only 1 thread in Norn subforum to change 2 times god kitten Female norn Greatsword animation, creating it twice all over again, with new movement & hitting.

And there are 2 full threads about asura weapons and it’s so hard to input/change few numbers to change position of weapon to right shoulder and make em bigger?

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

ThePropagation.3692

For the people saying Asuran weapons are already to big look at some of the images on page one they are a perfect example of the problem. I don’t think they need to be “WAY” bigger as some people said just a little bigger and move to the proper position the reason they are to small is because the great sword for example sits at the waist of an Asuran rather than the hilt sitting at the shoulder like with all other races .

If the weapons were moved to the right position they wouldn’t clip the ground and could be increased in size by a decent enough amount to make the details of the weapons bearably visible.

But since this thread was moved and has a moderator tag on it I doubt we will see any kind of response sadly a new thread may be needed.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twill.6217

Twill.6217

Agreed, the weapons are not on par with the other races scalings. Staff seems fine though.

i hope you’re joking – staff is by far the most annoying weapon of them all. it towers over me when in combat but shrinks down bellow the top of my head when it’s on my back. a magical shrinking staff! same thing happens with the hammer. it’s not as noticiable on a greatsword but the bug is there.

focus suffers very badly from this bug. i made Flux matrix for my asura hoping to have a very asura-themed weapon skin there… only to be disappointed. not only is it clipping through the hand, it is actually so small it’s almost completely invisible. and when not in combat it clips two-thirds into my character’s side…. completely useless. had to reskin it with fractal skin instead.

will they ever fix the scaling issue? it’s been months!

if only they pinned weapons a little bit higher not only would it fix the scaling, it would solve majority of clipping issues too, especially with big shields. at this time even tier3 asuran shield is clipping into my bottom… which is ironic.

(edited by Twill.6217)

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twill.6217

Twill.6217

by the way, did anyone notice there is also a scaling issue with asuras when in downed state? they suddenly grow very large – just as big as other races. i believe asuras get scaled up to be same size as humans and sylvari while norn and charr are a bit scaled down.

it looks completely weird.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: SvenskNavi.9378

SvenskNavi.9378

^ This. Still an issue. Noticed the same thing on my Asuran Elementalist.

Weapon scaling and asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Better idea.
1. Add a simple menu option to remove scaling for Asura.
2. The easier approach, add select weapon skins that are larger for asura.