Weapons That ANET Should Consider

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naminator.9316

Naminator.9316

I wanted to make a list of weapons that ANET should consider making, I also would like to add more details to this list. Things like ; What class should be able to use that weapon ; and adding things like concept art from other games, movies, cartoons, w/e just for the sake of visualization.

I would also encourage people to contribute to the post, I will gladly add your suggestions to the OP, this way we can have one big organized thread that ANET can look at.

• Two-Handed Crossbows
    (Engineer, Warrior, Ranger)
  • One-Handed Crossbows
    (Engineer, Thief, Ranger)
  • Whips
    (Mesmer, Thief, Necromancer)
  • Chain Whips
    (Guardian, Warrior)
  • Blunt Fist-Weapons
    (Guardian, Warrior)
  • Blade Fist-Weapons
    (Thief, Warrior, Necromancer)
  • Halberds
    (Guardian, Warrior)
  • Spears(to use outside of water)
    (Guardian, Warrior, Thief, Elementalist, Ranger)
  • Scythes
    (Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer)
  • Power Orbs (Off-Hand)
    (Mesmer, Elementalist, Necromancer)
  • Spell-Books (Off-Hand)
    (Guardian, Mesmer, Elementalist, Necromancer)
    (These Spell-Books can also diverge in to sub-categories like, Fire/Water/Wind/etc. to provide more variety if needed)
  • Mutagens/Transformers
    (All Professions)
    (Weapon that can be placed in to main or off-hand to mutate/transform that hand in to multitude of different things like elemental hands, or robotic hands, or some form of animal-like hands. The limit here is the imagination of the ANET development team)
  • Energy Shield
    (Guardian, Elementalist, Mesmer, Engineer, Necromancer)
  • Flail
    (Guardian, Warrior)
  • Great Axe (two handed axe)
    (Guardian, Warrior, Ranger, Mesmer)
  • Charrzooka
    (Engineer, Thief, Ranger)
  • Freaking Lasers
    (Only will be available when we will get shark people in a new expansion pack)

Images will be added later, a bit late right now

What you guys think? Any more weapons that can be added?

(edited by Naminator.9316)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I think you named possibly every weapon that could be added for any future classes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehGFreeman.1534

TehGFreeman.1534

I would like to see a Lyre (like a small handheld harp), For Mesmer, Necromancer, Ranger (Maybe?).

“Destroying my minions?, I’ll make more.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

Charrzookas are a Charr only racial skill and should never be added as a distributed weapon.

Energy Shields and Lasers and Mutagens? Might as well ask for Lightsabers and Jedis and EVE Spaceships and Cloning Facilities as well.

And i would condense Orbs and Books into one category because they are considered auxiliary power sources for casters.

Im fine with the rest although not in the distribution to classes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Chain whip and whip, basically same just different skin. Same for the fists, power orb and spell book, Shield and energy shield, charrzooka and I think engineer have an explosive kit. 1h crossbow? please no D3, 2h crossbow on thief would be just fine. Flail is kinda like a mace but, spears and tridents are similar so nothing wrong with the idea.

Missing Greataxes, buckler (more offensive shield), rapier, and perhaps a wand(elementalist combin buckler and wand for example)

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehGFreeman.1534

TehGFreeman.1534

I always clump wands together with Scepters because they are 1 handed rods with magical properties they both can have an ornament or focus on the top as well but it’s still a nice Idea.

“Destroying my minions?, I’ll make more.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naminator.9316

Naminator.9316

Chain whip and whip, basically same just different skin. Same for the fists, power orb and spell book, Shield and energy shield, charrzooka and I think engineer have an explosive kit. 1h crossbow? please no D3, 2h crossbow on thief would be just fine. Flail is kinda like a mace but, spears and tridents are similar so nothing wrong with the idea.

Missing Greataxes, buckler (more offensive shield), rapier, and perhaps a wand(elementalist combin buckler and wand for example)

I could agree that chain whips and regular whips could be considered the same, but fist weapons can be varied depending on the type. It would look silly in you had a fist weapon skill that slams the ground and cause a shock, but the weapon has a blade.

Blunt Fist weapons could be considered two-handers while the blade fist-weapon would be a one-hand if not just an off-hand.

Power Orbs and Spell Book are incredibly different in appearance, so I don’t know why they should be considered the same.

As for the 1h crossbow, so what if D3 has it? did they copyright it or something? D3 also has Greataxes, but that didn’t stop you from suggesting them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

I agree with great axe. I don’t see it as a ranger weapon. Very iffy about mesmer also. I would suggest a spinning type attack for the top special. It needs to have animation that is a mix of the great sword and hammer.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

(edited by Krosslite.1950)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i support the idea for more weapons.

as for this one:
Spears(to use outside of water)
(Guardian, Warrior, Thief, Elementalist, Ranger)

just call them “Pole Arms”

in Suggestions

Posted by: panzerpanduh.9680

panzerpanduh.9680

the problem is they have to come up with a new skill set for each weapon…it would be cooler if they just made skins for the current weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

the problem is they have to come up with a new skill set for each weapon…it would be cooler if they just made skins for the current weapons

easier is a better way to say that.

I don’t expect to see a new weapon til expansion start rolling out. That means new coding so new skill set will be required and or added

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Adding a blade onto a blunt fist weapon is basically just asking for a new weapon selection for it, why make a whole new weapon? And spell book and power orb sound like they’d provide the same type of spells, just different so again, just asking for various skill selection which all weapons need to in some degree. And I said no to 1h crossbow because we already have imaginary arrows on our backs, it’ll make even less sense to skip reloading 1h xbow because I Imagine it would allow some type of off-hand. It didn’t make much sense in the first place but it helped Demon Hunters (d3) feel kitten so it fit there, wouldn’t fit here.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

My opinion of OP’s weapon suggestions:

• Crossbows will most likely make it in as a two-hand only ranged weapon and may be part of a class add.
  • Brawling, Grappling and “Fist” weapons will only be added as part of a class add (if they make it at all).
  • Scythes will most likely make a comeback with the addition of the Greataxe, whenever that happens.
  • Halberds/Spears would be a relatively easy add since they’re so much like the Harpoons and Tridents in water combat.
  • A Flail would be an awesome weapon to add since its hardly ever in any of these games, however it would be the most difficult considering animation requirements.
  • Whips, for whatever reason, usually makes it into these posts somehow. I’m not sure how easy/hard they would be to do but they’d probably be an off-hand only weapon.
  • Power Orbs and Spell Books are basically Foci; the Focus is already an item. They should definitely add those as Focus skins, however.
  • Energy Shields are just Shields; again, should be added as a separate skin.
  • Mutagens/Transformers, as you describe them, are more ‘anime’ than anything else and I’m pretty sure would not fit this game at all.
  • Charrzooka can be used as any class, as long as you’re a Charr.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plunderin.8702

Plunderin.8702

I like the idea of the mutagens, it could be the driving mechanic of an entire profession, like an alchemist. Essentially you would have no normal weapons, and your mutagens would be like elementalist attunements, giving you 4 different skill sets and a physical transformation for each one, kind of like the Norn racial elites Wolf, Bear, etc

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drake Brimstone.3706

Drake Brimstone.3706

I definatly see a difference between Orbs and Spellbooks. They are not the same as Foci.

Orbs Channel Force and would be associated with Knockdows, Knockbacks, Pulls and Shielding effects.

Spellbooks would be associated with Utility effects and Summoning type effects.

To help with the lack of ideas for new Elementalist weapons

Darts

Pens (Though I’m sure you are all just going to call this one another Focus.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mojo.2691

Mojo.2691

@Drake; I like the description of orbs and spellbooks, best argument for them yet. Some weapons I like (and didn’t already see listed) would be;

• Long Sword – A weapon which could be used in main hand as a 2h weapon or with an off-hand to dual wield. So you could either use all 5 abilities or just 3 of them.
  • Crossbow (with similar system as above) – Could use it in main hand as a 2h weapon or in off-hand as a dual wield weapon (you could shoot a crossbow in your off-hand, just couldn’t load it). So you could either use all 5 abilities or just two.
  • Rapier – Faster version of a sword.
  • Key – A focus like item used in the off-hand by a theif, mesmer, necro. Not sure what it would do but I haven’t seen one mentioned yet.
  • Bare Hand Skills – not really a new weapon, but would be cool to see abilities for each profession for when they didn’t have a weapon.

(edited by Mojo.2691)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

I personally want a : Short Sword

Kama or Kukri

Rapier

A more Elegant 2h Sword,
for classes that use them to get a more Acrobatic or agile skillsetup

A kris knife would fit Casters a lot more (since its a caster item) unlike dagger.
And would give dagger to them as half combat weapon.

A sniper rifle, that is not like the current, but more ranged. ( hate the way Enginers are forced to use there main range weapon as a shotgun its TERRIBLE) Or give them a kit to get a sniper skill setup.

Rest are totally agreed.
Trough i must admit i imagined Crossbow as a repeating crossbow, since its quite a slow weapon if you ask me.
-And if it IS reapeating, it should have a Ammo magazine effect. That gives you like : 15 ammo and each skill you use consumes some ammount of that like : Dual shot fires up 2 arrow that cripples the enemy (consumes 2).
-After the ammo wanishes you have to reload for 1-2 sec before oyu can shoot again.

But i totally agree with the idea itself ,since Crossbow is the MOST SIMPLE weapon to use. Any commoner or guard can use it.

Another thing. Weapon ideas are good, but let Anet handle the detials.
You have my vote. =signed

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlienMagi.7102

AlienMagi.7102

YES!!! chain whips and crossbow pleeeeease

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roxy Painter.3691

Roxy Painter.3691

Whips sort of exist already. Some of the Nightmare Courtiers weaponskills are a whip/vine thing. I don’t recall what exactly, but one of the story missions,you have to be in disguise with Caithe, and you use their skills. So whip probably wouldn’t too tricky to implement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snaveno.1960

Snaveno.1960

The only one of your suggestions I actually want to see is the great axe, and I want to see it as a necromancer weapon in order to allow them to go full berserker mode with their massive health pools. It would have lots of AoE health draining and life gathering abilities.

As a side note, some of your suggested weapons for mesmers are incredibly inconsistent with the flavor of the class. Scythes and great axes make absolutely no sense for the class, and this comes from a guy who has no problem with them having a laser beam sword.

Also, the arguments I’ve seen for including spellbooks and orbs seem to assume that the elementalist is the only class that can use foci. A lot of the suggested abilities are already abilities for other classes. If you want those abilities on a foci, make an alt.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syphenion.5064

Syphenion.5064

Lances, you forgot lances(guardian)!

Maybe even javelins for rangers.

¸.•´¸.¤•*´¨) ¸.•*¨”˜`”°ºooº°””˜`”°ºooº°””˜`
(¸.•´ (¸.•Alloy~ Piken Square Roleplayer~