Weapons you want to see in the future?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sir Samsonknight.5916

Sir Samsonknight.5916

I know some people may think its to early to be thinking about DLC and expansions, but I am curious as to what people want to see in the future are far as weapon types go. Personally I would love to see katanas make their way in to the game. But I am interested in what other people are thinking to!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Searingarrow.4637

Searingarrow.4637

Kusarigama. My favorite weapon… It would be insane to see thiefs with these things.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jhu.3965

Jhu.3965

I know some people may think its to early to be thinking about DLC and expansions, but I am curious as to what people want to see in the future are far as weapon types go. Personally I would love to see katanas make their way in to the game. But I am interested in what other people are thinking to!

Do you mean new weapon types or just new weapon skins?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mindlabrynth.9852

Mindlabrynth.9852

The 2-handed axe, fist weapons, and polearms have been suggested in the past and I’m in favor of them. I secertly hope that A-Net creates more professions in future expansions, starting with a martial artist type. Considering the moves on the ranger, I’m sure I’ll be amazed by any kung-fu tyrians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I`d like to see one handed hammers. They could even use the regular mace attacks and animations but would just be more variety added to the blunt weapon category.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aesti.3725

Aesti.3725

Staff, whip, lance, fist-weapons and/or unarmed combat (maybe a class involving martial arts).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

I am in the 2h axe bandwagon, i was really disappointed when they said they wouldn’t be in the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esteray.5892

Esteray.5892

>Beaver-chucks
>Halberd
>Great Axe
>Fist-Weapons
>Scimitar/Rapier
>Bo stick
>Unarmed Combat
>Crossbow
>Javelin
>Lance
>Dual-Bladed sword
>Katana
>Hidden Blade

That’s all I can think of for now

“That’s What”
-She

in Suggestions

Posted by: FrogmanUJ.4587

FrogmanUJ.4587

This may be slightly more complicated, but think about this.

We have staves and wands. What if we widen the list a little, elemental based staves. I know everyone’s thinking, but Elements are based on attunement, and it’s good that way, but think about this.

You’re an elementalist. You’re attuned to fire, and you’re using a fire staff. Skills don’t change. However what if you are attuned to water and using a fire staff? You’re skills now become steam based. Attuned to air and a fire staff, heat based attacks, that’s not literally fire, but a cross between air and heat.

Mesmer could use these too. A fire staff could give a mesmer Illusionary flames, Mantra of fire. An earth staff would give you imagined burden, imagined walls, etc...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Simocrates.6958

Simocrates.6958

Nice thinking there FrogmanUJ. I would like to see polearms introduced.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FrogmanUJ.4587

FrogmanUJ.4587

Thanks Simocrates

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mexay.4521

Mexay.4521

Scythe.

PBAoE skills. Just like in GW1. It would work on:

Guardian, Necro, Ele, Warrior.

Unarmed/Fist. Racial based would be nice.

Javelin
Used by ranger, guardians, elementalist

2h Axe
Ranger Necro, warrior, guardian

Flail
Engineer, Necro, Guardian

Whip
Mesmer, Elementalist, Thief

Also;

Most other weapons fit another category.

See:
Katana
Sai
Scimitar
One-handed hammer
etc.

A mace encompasses one-handed hammers, a scimitar is encompassed by 1h swords, the sai by the daggers, the katana by the greatsword.

Also, some things you REALLY need to ask yourself if you can actually see them in the GW universe. I don’t see a charr using a katana. It would look stupid.

Mexay Lathyre – Level 80 Warrior Greatsword/Longbow

Still waiting on Customer Support. #121025-001252

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daenji.5280

Daenji.5280

I am personally the most interested in playing a class that fights unarmed and with only light armor or without armor, preferably without. I can envision this using a system something like the Elementalist has with its attunements. Instead of the attunements you would be switching back and forth between fighting styles.

I presently have a level 80 Warrior and can only be one more voice asking that the class be given a 2h axe. This seems so immediately fitting for the class that it is continually occurring to me that I can’t use one.

I also support the javelin and the whip as suggested above. The whip seems especially appealing to me because I believe your team could make it a signature weapon. It could really be something that stands out in the hands of a few GW2 classes. Thief, Mesmer, and Necromancer immediately come to mind. I also believe the javelin could look really cool and would love to see it added.

One other thing I am not seeing suggested so far is the use of a spear. I am thinking of this as a weapon to be used by a Ranger. Using the spear underwater is one of my favorite things in the game and I’d really love to see a version of it for use on dry land.

The scimitar, scythe, halberd, and crossbow are all also really good ideas.

Mostly, I just won’t feel like I really have the character that I want until I can fight unarmed. Please consider it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Freauxzen.2451

Freauxzen.2451

Some good suggestions, specifically polearms/halbreds/lances and javelins. I’d add:

Rapier
Cat o Nine Tails
Sabre
Bo Staff/Quarterstaff
Naginata
Atlatl
Flail
Tower Shield (2 Handed Shield for Guardians)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

Ah, I’ve got a small list, not just new weapons but weapons I’d like to see proliferated:

Proliferations:
Rifle – Rangers and (possibly) thieves. Redundant for rangers, I’ll admit, and Anet’s already said ‘no’, but I still hope for it since it feels right to me at least, and I’d love to make a Green Mountain Boy (look it up) style ranger. For thief, basically just sort of comes up for the idea of giving the thief a sort of long ranged, sniper style weapon. (bring us that much closer to the Commando becoming real!)

Hammers or Maces – Engineers, because it would be nice to have some melee options, and hammers are sort of ‘working tools’ as well. So the former works best thematically.

Staffs – Rangers (in this case they’d use it mostly as a melee weapon ala quarter staff with maybe the last two skills dedicated to more mystical druid abilities)

Spears (on land. Technically, they’re existing weapons, so I guess they count for a proliferation than a new weapon) – Warriors, Guardians, Mesmers

New Weapons:
Cestus/fists/gauntlets/knuckles/bare hands – Preferably let all classes have this option, but if I had to choose it would be, Elementalist (think, Avatar: The Last Airbender), Thief (Think the Borne trilogy), and Guardian (think, Aikido and more ‘mystically inclined’ martial arts). (though if we could also get it on Warriors, I’d want Warriors to fight like wrestlers to start a luchadora guild)

Scythes – Guardian, Warrior, Necromancer (because I miss my dervish, dangit)

Edit: oh yes, also

Whips – I don’t know which professions should or would get it, butkittendid the Nightmare Court make it look good. Or rather I made it look good when I disguised myself as the nightmare court.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Noisex.7051

Noisex.7051

I would like to see a boomerang. It would be funny and tossing a boomerang to damage and stun people would be cool kinda like sokka from avatar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeson Thackery.5927

Aeson Thackery.5927

Im feeling the crossbow.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Crossbow,Halberd and Flail are at the top of my list . Other weapons to consider would be Scythe,Recurve Bow and Dory,

in Suggestions

Posted by: tyhanon.6587

tyhanon.6587

MY THOUGHTS

- i cant help but think that 2h axes would be too much like 2h sword or even worse, 1h axe w/ even more power.

- to everyone who’s posting katana, scimitar, rapier, ect. they are all swords and will probably get a new skin later on.

- i do want to see some kind of pole arm like a halberd, javelin or lance (i realize that the halberd is a lot like a 2h axe but the heart wants what the heart wants). mabey in the cantha expantion (if there is one) they may introduce the naginata.

- the whip sounds good. maybe for a sadistic necro, an indiana jones ranger, possibly mesmer.

- the boomerang is an interesting choice. they are usually used in games and tv when the subject matter is geared toward kids and they dont want to show too much violence. originally thought to have mystical properties, it can go with many caster type professions but since it’s not a very threatening weapon i cant see it as more than an OH weapon.

- introducing the crossbow seems like a step back after introducing guns. imagine how the inventor must feel crwaling out from whatever cave he’s been hiding in and showing his “new invention” the crossbow when someone points a gun in their face.

(edited by tyhanon.6587)

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

Actually i look at the crossbow as the step between the bow and the gun. It would be a natural weapon to have in a game with both

in Suggestions

Elric.6971

I do agree that it would only make sense for crossbows to be added, after all, we also have Ballista, especially used by Sons of Svanir- Snavir- Aw nuts to it. But anyway though, with how big the norn are though, those ballista really just look like slightly large crossbows to them.
The real question is how would they be distinguished from rifles, pistols, longbows, and short bows? I mean wasn’t the avoidance of the million and a half different bow types in GW1 a conscience decision and effort?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morbius Immortalis.1926

Morbius Immortalis.1926

I think the main thing would be to keep in style with the races/classes/setting introduced in the game thus far or were introduced in GW1 so can keep the same setting. Most of the weapons seem to be mideval european based with some basic technology introduced by the Charr. There doesn’t really seem to be anything from Eastern/Asian cultures introduced yet in Guild Wars. African, Egyptian, Norse, and European cultures seem to be the main points they draw regular use weapons from.

Charr, Norn, Human, and Sylvari could probably have unarmed combat styles but they would be very different based on race. Charr would probably be claw and fang oriented. Norn and Humans would probably be brawlers. Sylvari would most likely draw from nature to be the closest to a martial artist.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

1h spear for melee. To remove naming conflicts call it a short spear, lance, etc.

Usuable by Warrior, Ranger, perhaps Guardian.

Could have a “Toss” skill much like the warrior sword throw for GS.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Schakal.6091

Schakal.6091

I’d like to see proper Spears first and foremost; useable on land.

Halberds or glaives would be awesome.

Proper Warhammers. Not the sledgehammers we currently have. The ones with the ’raven’s beak’ heads that pop armor like a can opener. They are, for the record, nothing like Maces.

Sabres or Scimitars. Swords are nice but far less flashy.

Maine Gauche Dagger as a defensive OH weapon if we got the Rapiers suggested elsewhere.

Am I the only person who doesn’t care for oversized Japanese knives in his Fantasy?

The internet is for Norn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Corsix.4895

Corsix.4895

Some kind of Polearm, and Crossbow but im not sure who would use it, thief already has bow/pistols, warrior has rifle/bow, engineer has rifle/pistol, maybe guardian could use it. Could be a large 2h crossbow or 1 handed glove type crossbow. Other than that, yeah Javalins, those were cool in #1 and they fit into the Guardian style.

Dont think we need lots of Exotic weapons in this game…

Burn them burn them burn them aaaaallll sings
Burn them burn them burn them whoooaaaa!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Freauxzen.2451

Freauxzen.2451

MY THOUGHTS

- to everyone who’s posting katana, scimitar, rapier, ect. they are all swords and will probably get a new skin later on.

Except that this is the only way the game will expand skills, so I assume one or two of those will make it in. And it would be thematically correct.

I would agree that we won’t see Longsword, Short Sword, or Broadsword (most likely), but the above list are different enough and thematically consistent enough to be original.

Rapier – Mesmer, Thief, Ranger (Duelists)
Katana – Warrior, Guardian, Necromancer
Etc. It works, again it’s the ONLY way to expand weapon choice. Same thing goes for possibly “War Hammers,” or Halbreds and Spears. Two different weapons with two different functions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bourdain.1624

Bourdain.1624

Break down the Polearm like they did in DAOC

-Slash Polearm (Looks like a Halberd)
-Thrust Polearm (More like a Spear)
-Crush Polearm (A warhammer on a stick)

Google some pictures of these to get a good look at them.

3 different weapon types right there.

*2 handed battleaxe for sure needs to be in an expansion soon.

*Crossbows that would be 2 handed.

*Fist weapons would be a nice addition.

I don’t know why everyone wants an unarmed fighting style, it reminds me so much of Mists of Pandaria and I’m trying so hard to get away from all of that.

As stated above, the katan and all other weapons based in asian culture would probably fit under the other categories. I personally loved the katana looking weapons in world of warcraft.

So over all the ones that I would like to see most are…..

-2 hand axe
-crossbow
-polearm (Broken down into 3 types for more variety)
-fist weapons

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

Some kind of Polearm, and Crossbow but im not sure who would use it, thief already has bow/pistols, warrior has rifle/bow, engineer has rifle/pistol, maybe guardian could use it. Could be a large 2h crossbow or 1 handed glove type crossbow. Other than that, yeah Javalins, those were cool in #1 and they fit into the Guardian style.

Dont think we need lots of Exotic weapons in this game…

I posted this in another thread but I’ll post it here as well

Do to the Mechanical nature of the crossbow the Engineer would be the best fit for this weapon and the Thief second . A crossbow would have some of the following functions
a pulling skill ,Vulnerability,A volley type skill,Bleed,Burning Perhaps Cripple and Immobilization as well depending on which class was using it .

in Suggestions

Elric.6971

Charr, Norn, Human, and Sylvari could probably have unarmed combat styles but they would be very different based on race. Charr would probably be claw and fang oriented. Norn and Humans would probably be brawlers. Sylvari would most likely draw from nature to be the closest to a martial artist.

Funny enough, this is how I originally imagined fist fighting, that it would be a racial weapon skillset than a profession based one.
Charr, as you said I imagined as claws and fangs.
Sylvari fight with more finesse in line with kung fu
Humans would fight like boxers or Jason Borne, lots and lots of dirty tricks and nasty things. (POCKET SAND! Sha sha sha!)
Asura would probably use a wire-fu sort of style, though a more realistic idea might be say Tai chi or Aikido
And Norn… Norn fight with honor, glory, and donuts. Norn would fight like Luchadora. (bonus points if lucha masks become available.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Acheron.4576

Acheron.4576

I’d like to see the scythe for the warrior necro thief and gaurdian. make the warrior scythe focus on aoe conditions. thief aoe physical damage based much like the crit scythe builds from the good ol days, and gaurdian would make it kinda like a derv from the first GW and focus on self buffing. and whips for ele mes and ranger. for ranger focus on buffing pets (great for beastmasters) not sure how the other two would work out. and cross bows for ranger and engineers maybe thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Corsix.4895

Corsix.4895

Crossbow would suit guardian very well, its a long range powerful weapon. I would love to see them have some kind of self-root, mount their crossbow on a shield of light and shoot like the fortified tower they are. Not like, ranger long range, but scepter long range with actual fast projectiles. The targetted AoE thing is kind of overdone and scepter has that, he’d probably end up with some protection/regen buffs, cleansing/blinding crossbow blasts and maybe a new ranged symbol and a pull. A pull would be cool.

Burn them burn them burn them aaaaallll sings
Burn them burn them burn them whoooaaaa!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

Land Spears. That’s all.

Just to add, we will get 2H axes in future expasions.

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

(edited by Wraith.4103)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genesis.4671

Genesis.4671

-Crossbows
-Flails
-Polearms
-Throwing weapons
-Whips
-Fans
-2H Axes
-2H Shields (as strange as that sounds.)
-Fist weapons
-Main hand Focus and Torch
-Ummmmm….

That’s it for me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiger.9786

Tiger.9786

If there was a martial arts style profession or weapon type in general.
I would die of happiness and GW2 would be completely perfect for me.
Just saying that sense most of you have already covered most weapon ideas.

Please Anet make a Canthan themed martial arts profession. It wouldnt even have to be in Cantha since we are fighting the elder dragons in Tyria. It could be a group of people who came over on a boat from cantha and taught tyrians or something.

Don’t do it too soon though.. with Mists of Panderia comeing out.. We would never stop hearing “QUIT COPYING WOW’S MONK CLASS NOOBBBSSS” from fanboys of that.. franchise
lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Battle Axe (two-handed)

Crossbow (two-handed)

Charm (off-hand, a magical stone attached to a chain that the character holds firmly by wrapping it around their fingers)

whip (two-handed, the Nightmare Court has them so why can’t we?)

-halberds (two-handed)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slaven.3721

Slaven.3721

-Polearms

-Greataxes

-Bec de Corbins/Horseman’s pick

-Whips

-Flails

-Quarterstaffs

-Scythes

-Aura Hands/Gloves (2h-Magic-class-specific w/ powerful offensive spells that have a short range)

-Off-hand Boomerangs

I’d like to see weapons implimented that have never before been seen in ANY mass-multiplayer. and just imagine…

AND JUST IMAGINE BEING A RANGER WITH A WHIP AND A BOOMERANG.

(edited by Slaven.3721)

in Suggestions

Posted by: iKami.4950

iKami.4950

-Greataxe, thats it