What Eternity Should Look Like

in Suggestions

Posted by: Metatail.1306

Metatail.1306

The recent update added a new theme to Eternity – dark purple (smoke). This combined with what we have already, red-black Twilight and white-blue Sunrise, hardly fits. It’s not that bad with Twilight mode on but when the day comes the differences between styles (sword looks vs footsteps + aura) are just too much.
I think OP’s picture shows a great balance between all of them and sets a solid Eternity theme, a unique weapon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sacrasys.9346

Sacrasys.9346

we already have both of this variants in one sword – Twilight, just look better at your sword.
http://i.imgur.com/aqkFZ2N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Zp4W8N8.jpg

I appreciate the job you done, but only 1 thing Eternity really needs now – projectile fix (Warrior and Mesmer throw skills, Guardian Whirls).
And don’t tell me, you didn’t know what you’re doing, when made Eternity, except you were the world first Eternity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BOSSMAN.2647

BOSSMAN.2647

I like your design. But I don’t want eternity to be purple, as of the Current GS I don’t like the aura of I wish the footfall change with day and night.

What I would like to see either one side of the blade sunrise and other side twilight with maybe alternating footfall for each step.

Other idea is the effect of the blade showing close up planet and fading to space with the sun shining behind the planet or something.

But please no more purple stuff as it keeps making me think its for mesmers only.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JESPER.5610

JESPER.5610

kitten these concepts are amazing.
Sweet piece of steel!

in Suggestions

Posted by: SpedalFlux.1520

SpedalFlux.1520

i was extremely disappointed to wait 8 months and only get a twilight-ish footstep and a glowing dot. for the effort of two legendaries, it should be very unique, not just a lazy “heres the fixed foosteps after 12 months, oh and a shiny dot, kthxbai” i mean they didnt even bother to fix the rest of the animation bugs, like mesmer throwing the greatsword on skill #2, etc etc etc

in Suggestions

Posted by: Double Helix.2179

Double Helix.2179

10/10, would forge.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.5312

Cloud.5312

The guy who designed the actual eternity (even the post patch one) should be worried about his job right now…

Gods of Anet… Hear our plea and hire this guy. Even as a consultant… We wouldn’t have things like Quip and Moot with this guy around.

in Suggestions

Posted by: aden.8459

aden.8459

1up

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arifialdy.1534

Arifialdy.1534

That’s how eternity should be from the beginning, everyone who agree please we need no keep post in this thread so it didn’t dissapear until it get dev attention and they reconsider it

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caledfwlch.3751

Caledfwlch.3751

This is an awesome idea. Making Eternity would make sense if it looked that way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’ve not cared for making a legendary greatsword, but that would be something worth going after.

It’s sad that, as another user stated, Anet doesn’t know this sub-forum exists.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Suggestions

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Why Anet not upgrade all legendary? They just make effects look larger. It takes 0.0005 sec to change them.

WTS 10 Eternity……..

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

(edited by KINGRPG.3492)

in Suggestions

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Woooow. I have sunrise and I love it, but if they made eternity look like this, I would so make it!

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

If this change takes place this would become my first legendary.
I love the basic design of the sword but Twilight/Sunrise are too monochrome for my taste (still the prettiest greatswords ingame).

Eternity is currently hovering around the price of both Twilight and Sunrise, some days being cheaper than Sunrise, despite being double the legendary. Just show’s what people think of the crude “merge” we get.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

The guy who designed the actual eternity (even the post patch one) should be worried about his job right now…

Gods of Anet… Hear our plea and hire this guy. Even as a consultant… We wouldn’t have things like Quip and Moot with this guy around.

Don’t think so, tim.
http://www.kekaiart.com/guild-wars-2.html

And yes I know he hasnt worked for anet since release, still, this guy was brilliant..

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spudster.7614

Spudster.7614

This is totally what I had envisioned Eternity looking like after learning of its existence. Anet really needs to take a look at this. Eternity definitely needs to be more unique even after the recent visual upgrade. I had always hoped they would give it its own unique skin but this would be just as good.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daco.5961

Daco.5961

What if you had the color of the sky change with the stat set equiped? Like red sky for power, green sky for toughness, etc… Also use the sky/space combo from the OP’s version

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

Amazing. If eternity turned into this it would certainly remind people of the fact that it actually is a legendary

Whats legendary about weapons you can buy off the TP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mirage.4536

Mirage.4536

Unearthly awesomeness!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lew.6014

Lew.6014

Nice concept, I definitely agree that Eternity needs the Blade changing, I most definitely like what you did to the hilt of the blade with the Demonic wings and the Angelic wings together.

But yeah, as it stands the only way to tell the blade apart from it’s predecessors is the Pommel and the footfalls. This would definitely make the blade seem a lot more unique than it’s current model.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

Before they even consider doing this they should fix the other legendary’s which were supposed to get updates but had no changed to them at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: fey.5438

fey.5438

Really awesome concept!

in Suggestions

Posted by: guardiaN.1640

guardiaN.1640

awesome! i rly love that blueish concept ?

eternity right now is rly messed up, i am kinda sad that i forged it..

that silly gem and that footfalls (that most of the time simply look like oil) don’t fit the most expensive weapon in the game

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I fully support this. Where did I put my credit card.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: braq.1298

braq.1298

i start farming for eternity incase Anet update it like this (:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

we already have both of this variants in one sword – Twilight, just look better at your sword.
http://i.imgur.com/aqkFZ2N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Zp4W8N8.jpg

I appreciate the job you done, but only 1 thing Eternity really needs now – projectile fix (Warrior and Mesmer throw skills, Guardian Whirls).
And don’t tell me, you didn’t know what you’re doing, when made Eternity, except you were the world first Eternity.

I have looked at twilight from all possible angles, and no it does not share the look of mine, it has red and blue nebula’s spanned greatly throughout an almost entirely pitch black sword. Mine would look like Heaven and hell separated by the vastness of time and space, I want to truely capture the name “Eternity”. Within the blade farther down on the spectrum I imagine red/ black clouds similarly to how I drew the white and blue clouds at the top. I simply could not fit it all into one picture.

in Suggestions

Arctarius.2649

Don’t think so, tim.
http://www.kekaiart.com/guild-wars-2.html

And yes I know he hasnt worked for anet since release, still, this guy was brilliant..

Yeah Kekai is probebly my favorite artist of all time..i admire him so. But I feel he designed sunrise and Twilight, in which case Eternity is the exact same two swords just jumbled up. its very possible he made up the first two sword, left Anet, and Anet kinda just mixed them without his awesomeness there to guide them on how to make eternity look.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

HOLY HELL THIS LOOKS AMAZING!

they should totally make this!

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

If this change takes place this would become my first legendary.
I love the basic design of the sword but Twilight/Sunrise are too monochrome for my taste (still the prettiest greatswords ingame).

Eternity is currently hovering around the price of both Twilight and Sunrise, some days being cheaper than Sunrise, despite being double the legendary. Just show’s what people think of the crude “merge” we get.

first legendary? you need 2 to craft it

although i am no where near rich enough or have enough time to go for this, i agree it looks better than the current one, at times its hard to tell the difference between eternity and the other 2 swords

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Suggestions

Posted by: UrsaMaritima.8604

UrsaMaritima.8604

Incredible design. I think that as the base with some kind of alteration for day night would be brilliant.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Uriel.9638

Uriel.9638

amazing skin! PLS Arena Net, say something!!!! we deserve that improvement in our eternitys …remember….1+1 MUST be 2 and no 0.8 or 1,2 ….

in Suggestions

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

As I have been reading from many people now, even with the small changes to the super legendary sword Eternity most owners of the sword are quite underwhelmed. Let me tell you I have been playing this game from release, and for me to just finish this weapon and see the exact same look of sunrise and twilight just kinda makes it seem less legendary than having sunrise and twilight separate. Yes the foot falls were nice, but having black fire and black footprints while wielding sunrise in the daytime looks very weird at least for me. I have to say I would expect no less from Anet seeing their fantastic art team to create an entirely original skin for the much neglected Eternity. I mean its name is Eternity for petes sake! That name alone cries out for its own unique look. So what I have done tonight is create my own idea of how I would love Eternity to look. I hope you Devs take a good look at this post and I especially hope they like my idea and use it in the future for Eternity. If you guys like my rendition of Eternity Bump this post and leave comments so that the devs can see and maybe take it into consideration The file is attached to this post, tell me what you guys think

P.S. don’t comment about other legends needing attention, in my opinion all legendary’s are fine, I am only disappointed with Eternity simply because it is the only one of a kind super legendary in the game..you work for 2 which is ALLOT of work and you get what you already had only you are at the beck and call of night and day..to me eternity is a step down from sunrise and twilight in its current state.

That greatsword is amazing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

I approve of this design. this is fantastic. this really does look like ‘eternity’ within your hands. and given that eternity has a purple aura already it works extremely well.

Well done good sir, kudos to you!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I’m not a fan of the colors, but it’s MUCH better then the state its in now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dezarys.1372

Dezarys.1372

They really should change eternity to that, and make it a perma color change. That’d be cool if the swing effect also carried the blue up top and the purple near the hilt!

This is definitely a good idea!
Make the greatsword have it’s own tale!
Not one that is taken from 2 stories and put into 1 book.

Guild Leader of Oakvale [Vale]
http://oakvale.enjin.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ricochet.6273

Ricochet.6273

I wish OP’s design was the real Eternity

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Wow, that looks so kitten cool. Yes please, changed it to something like that. The current Eternity isn’t really worth getting. I rather have Sunrise and Twilight seperate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

I don’t have Eternity, but I think the OP’s version looks awesome! Would definately tempt me into going for Sunrise so I can combine it with my Twilight into Eternity

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

I do like your design, it is really good and a nice concept as it shows nice variants of sky and space combining in this blue fashion. And to me it is a better looking legendary. (would be better with a red/orange colour scheme at night)

But here is the part where I don’t like your post.

1. No, you knew EXACTLY what you was making when you went for Eternity and your treatment should not be special and get a THIRD legendary greatsword design whilst all others stick to one legendary design.

2. Your legendary in not THE legendary. And it certainly doesn’t deserve treatment over some legendaries that have been screwed other even with update (like the minstrel and meteorlogicus)

3. This will remove the day and night feature they wanted for the weapon and completely goes against the vision of eternity in the devs eyes. Granted some legendaries that look good in the devs eyes are lackluster in terms of quality and A-nets make belief, immunity to criticism doesn’t help getting the issues for these specefic legendaries resolved, but sorry to burst your bubble, eternity is not one of these weapons.

4. People actually like the current designs and your colour scheme might not be good in their eyes.

5. “Hurr durr all legendaries are fine except my super-mega-tons of features one and I expected it to look different despite seeing what it looks like before making it” (Im sorry but I don’t like this notion you’re giving off that all other legendaries are “fine”)

(edited by Hanako.1827)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

That looks amazing, and I approve entirely!!!

Edit: to expand on your idea, I have attached a photoshopped version that could be used as the “night time” eternity, maybe?

Well you see, the idea I had was that the sword Is imbued with night and day at the same time, so that you did not have to wait for day/night for your favorite look. The sword I painted simply stays as it is in day and night so that the wielder doesn’t feel torn.

I agree with that concept. I see no reason for that image to ever change as it is an excellent representation of eternity, and as such it should be eternal.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: quakeroatmeal.4829

quakeroatmeal.4829

I like eternity as is, but I’m not the biggest fan of the day/night switch because it means that 50% of the time my armor doesn’t match my weapon. I suppose if they created the ability to save dye configurations to make it easier to switch that would be cool. But, at the end of the day, it’s a tiny thing. I think in its latest condition Eternity is more than good enough.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ThePahkage.2684

ThePahkage.2684

dont like OP’s re-skin, but i agree with OP that new Eternity is atrocious

Purple + Black foot-falls and that ugly purple mist-aura….complete contradiction to sunrise and still looks nasty with twilight. the effect inside the foot-fall looks like twilight’s graphic with blotches of sunrise’s sloppily thrown in. For a game with amazing art, this is equivalent to a pathetic joke (sry to the artist, but u needs to go back to the drawing board). your color scheming is just repugnant.

a sword that cycles night to day is an awesome concept….why not STICK WITH THE CONCEPT instead of putting that ugly ugly ugly purple mist kitten everywhere.

as a sunrise-wielder who happens to have a dusk sitting around in bank and tons of in-game cash to work with, i am outright DISCOURAGED from making eternity due to this recent atrocity. i’d be much happier with the legacy version of eternity if they’d just update it to properly show twilight/sunrises tracing effects on all skills, foot-falls, auras, and remove that lame-kitten glowy pommel too

tldr: anet rushed eternity’s redesign and failed hard

in Suggestions

Arctarius.2649

I do like your design, it is really good and a nice concept as it shows nice variants of sky and space combining in this blue fashion. And to me it is a better looking legendary. (would be better with a red/orange colour scheme at night)

1. No, you knew EXACTLY what you was making when you went for Eternity and your treatment should not be special and get a THIRD legendary greatsword design whilst all others stick to one legendary design.

2. Your legendary in not THE legendary. And it certainly doesn’t deserve treatment over some legendaries that have been screwed other even with update (like the minstrel and meteorlogicus)

3. This will remove the day and night feature they wanted for the weapon and completely goes against the vision of eternity in the devs eyes. Granted some legendaries that look good in the devs eyes are lackluster in terms of quality and A-nets make belief, immunity to criticism doesn’t help getting the issues for these specefic legendaries resolved, but sorry to burst your bubble, eternity is not one of these weapons.

4. People actually like the current designs and your colour scheme might not be good in their eyes.

5. “Hurr durr all legendaries are fine except my super-mega-tons of features one and I expected it to look different despite seeing what it looks like before making it” (Im sorry but I don’t like this notion you’re giving off that all other legendaries are “fine”)

1.) I never said I did not know what I was making and that this was a suggestion to better the weapon.

2.) I stated in this thread not to complain about other legends..yet here you are, This sword is a COMBINATION OF 2, yes it does deserve special treatment.

3.) Anet are fine designers and I know they can do better on Eternity. Yes this is “one of those weapons” as it has been talked about since release why the difficulty is so high just to get a clone, thus the small update to it recently that most are still unhappy with.

4.) Seeing as there is no difference from owning Eternity or sunrise / twilight separate currently, Anet can simply give a sword splitter to the 5% of people that own this sword if they do not like the new eternity.

5.) Since you did not seem to read. This weapon is no ordinary legendary, it feels lackluster because you spend double the length of any other legendary on the two hardest legendary’s to make in the game. It deserves special treatment opposed to the minstril or meteorlogicus because the combination of both sunrise and twilight is about 2.5k gold more than both of those legendary’s combined. and I don’t appreciate your rude remarks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

1.) I never said I did not know what I was making and that this was a suggestion to better the weapon.

2.) I stated in this thread not to complain about other legends..yet here you are, This sword is a COMBINATION OF 2, yes it does deserve special treatment.

3.) Anet are fine designers and I know they can do better on Eternity. Yes this is “one of those weapons” as it has been talked about since release why the difficulty is so high just to get a clone, thus the small update to it recently that most are still unhappy with.

4.) Seeing as there is no difference from owning Eternity or sunrise / twilight separate currently, Anet can simply give a sword splitter to the 5% of people that own this sword if they do not like the new eternity.

5.) Since you did not seem to read. This weapon is no ordinary legendary, it feels lackluster because you spend double the length of any other legendary on the two hardest legendary’s to make in the game. It deserves special treatment opposed to the minstril or meteorlogicus because the combination of both sunrise and twilight is about 2.5k gold more than both of those legendary’s combined. and I don’t appreciate your rude remarks.

1. You self promoted your post on reddit (as much as I hate going on that circlejerk website) You pretty much want the weapon built in your image. Which is not bad but still the principal of wanting it the way you want and asking various people to back your post up is pretty low.

2. Then guess what don’t self promote on popular sites if you don’t want disenting opinions on your pretty silly prerogative of all legendaries but eternity being completely fine. Here is the special treatment of eternity You like sunrise and twilight but can’t have both without having to constantly switch? Make this greatsword that alternates the two forms between day and night with little additional effects to bring out the weapons uniqueness

3. No anet are fine designers that you want to do YOUR legendary design of. Yes Eternity does need a bit of touching up, but legendary greatsword users are in no way shape or form entitled to a complete re-haul giving you a THIRD legendary design when they have the most detail and beautiful effects that some would kill to have on their legendaries.

4. Have you ever considered people LIKE the eternity effects maybe? So they should suffer because a few people want your idea? Its not like either one looks bad at day and night.

5. Yes you spend double the length to get it, but that is because you want the effects of both greatsword into one and people wouldn’t have gone for it . Not for a completely new design. I don’t see the point in going for it if you’re going to complain that it isn’t completely different from its predecessor when you knew full well what you was making; Yes I agree it does need some touch ups, maybe a heavy make-up phase on the hilt to make it really stick out but not changing the thing completely.

I don’t appreciate seeing entitlement and pathetic self promoted, personal alterations of things that don’t suit your criteria AFTER you make it.

“Mine costs more and takes more time, but despite it looking really good as is I want you to forget the suffering of other legendaries that still don’t inherit typical legendary traits to take time on mine and completely change it.”

(edited by Hanako.1827)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dru.6214

Dru.6214

+1

I’d actually craft Eternity if it looked like this. I love the color scheme and it still maintains aspects of day and night but it’s into one persistent blade rather than alternating. I dig it.
—-

It’s perfectly fine to state your opinion and to ask for support if others feel the same way Arc. You’re allowed to have and state your opinion just as Hanako is allowed to have and state his/hers. You can’t state that others are allowed to have dissenting opinions, and voice said opinions, without recognizing that Arc’s allowed to have his and ask for backing if they agree with him too. Can’t have it one way and not the other.

Of course some people are going to like Eternity as is. And some aren’t. That’s obvious. OP’s allowed to dislike it’s current state and suggest changes based on his belief. Isn’t that what this forum is about? One man (or woman) stating his opinion and others backing it or disagreeing with it based on their own opinions. Your opinion on whether it looks “good” or “bad” at night is entirely subjective, just as his is, and warrants no more value than any other stated opinion – including the OPs. Recognize that neither of you (nor myself or anyone else) are “right.” It’s just opinion. Condescending remarks by either side make you look silly and immature.

Asking for a rework of a weapon you deem to need it is perfectly fine. Are you telling me it’s not okay for owners of The Minstrel to ask for changes “AFTER” they make it? Of course people are going to still have opinions of skins/effects before AND after they make said item. Asking for a rework of Eternity doesn’t mean that other weapons couldn’t still get attention and a rework as well. It’s not like it’s strictly one or the other. (I think Eternity’s changes are substandard and are inadequate. Just as I feel other Legendaries, Minstrel especially, are still lackluster.)

in Suggestions

Arctarius.2649

In response to Hanako
Well I answered all your questions as best as I could and by your last post I now see you are just here to intentionally flame me. I self promoted my work because most people are ever noticed through promoting ones self or connections. I don’t see how a bold move is pathetic. I am just simply trying to post my opinion not start a war.

(edited by Arctarius.2649)

in Suggestions

Arctarius.2649

+1

I’d actually craft Eternity if it looked like this. I love the color scheme and it still maintains aspects of day and night but it’s into one persistent blade rather than alternating. I dig it.
—-

It’s perfectly fine to state your opinion and to ask for support if others feel the same way Arc. You’re allowed to have and state your opinion just as Hanako is allowed to have and state his/hers. You can’t state that others are allowed to have dissenting opinions, and voice said opinions, without recognizing that Arc’s allowed to have his and ask for backing if they agree with him too. Can’t have it one way and not the other.

Of course some people are going to like Eternity as is. And some aren’t. That’s obvious. OP’s allowed to dislike it’s current state and suggest changes based on his belief. Isn’t that what this forum is about? One man (or woman) stating his opinion and others backing it or disagreeing with it based on their own opinions. Your opinion on whether it looks “good” or “bad” at night is entirely subjective, just as his is, and warrants no more value than any other stated opinion – including the OPs. Recognize that neither of you (nor myself or anyone else) are “right.” It’s just opinion. Condescending remarks by either side make you look silly and immature.

Asking for a rework of a weapon you deem to need it is perfectly fine. Are you telling me it’s not okay for owners of The Minstrel to ask for changes “AFTER” they make it? Of course people are going to still have opinions of skins/effects before AND after they make said item. Asking for a rework of Eternity doesn’t mean that other weapons couldn’t still get attention and a rework as well. It’s not like it’s strictly one or the other. (I think Eternity’s changes are substandard and are inadequate. Just as I feel other Legendaries, Minstrel especially, are still lackluster.)

Honestly man I made that comment not because I don’t want people to state their opinions on other weapons, but because there are other sub forums to specifically talk about those issues on. I wanted to make sure this would not become a post where everyone was arguing. As you said, forums are about opinions and this forum is just my opinion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

Arenanet dooooooo eeeeet

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: guardiaN.1640

guardiaN.1640

push it

Anet rly should see that concepts

in Suggestions

Posted by: little.6509

little.6509

Stunning dude.. if my eternity looked like this one morning after waking up I would never ask anything from santa again