What Eternity Should Look Like

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lukas.3950

Lukas.3950

at least we need the fixes. anet y u no do this?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

This is really what Eternity should look from the beginning. But right now, they just can’t change the Eternity skin. Some people that already have Eternity love their skin. It may need some improvement (like Eternity lose some animation that Sunrise/Twilight have), but they just can’t change it all.

What they could do it make a new Legendary Greatsword that need Sunrise and Twilight. They could call it Infinity and they would only need to change a big the Eternity recipe in the Mystic Forge. Right now Eternity need 1 Sunrise, 1 Twilight, 5 Crystalline Dust and 10 Philosopher Stone. So ’’Infinity’’ could use Crystal over Philosopher Stone.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Suggestions

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

looks great. this would make crafting eternity worth it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

This is really what Eternity should look from the beginning. But right now, they just can’t change the Eternity skin. Some people that already have Eternity love their skin. It may need some improvement (like Eternity lose some animation that Sunrise/Twilight have), but they just can’t change it all.

What they could do it make a new Legendary Greatsword that need Sunrise and Twilight. They could call it Infinity and they would only need to change a big the Eternity recipe in the Mystic Forge. Right now Eternity need 1 Sunrise, 1 Twilight, 5 Crystalline Dust and 10 Philosopher Stone. So ’’Infinity’’ could use Crystal over Philosopher Stone.

This would be fine as long as every eternity owner gets both twilight and sunrise back in exchange for their eternity. (any mabye those 5 dust too lol)

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

This would be fine as long as every eternity owner gets both twilight and sunrise back in exchange for their eternity. (any mabye those 5 dust too lol)

Why would they? They crafted Eternity to have Eternity and they would still have Eternity. Its would be a completely new Legendary. This is exactly why i propose that method. If you modify the appearance of Eternity with this new look, then now you need to allow people to get back their Sunrise/Twilight because you change completely what they bought in the first place. I find this new design way better, but this may not be the opinion of everybody. But if you make a totally new legendary out of this design, you don’t need to give back anything to the players that crafted Eternity since they still have the same Eternity they bought in the first place.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Because people will be angry if there is a better looking Eternity suddenly, but they need to craft everything again for 4000 gold.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tanf.8917

tanf.8917

Lets hope we will get an update with the new set of upcoming legenderies.

in Suggestions

SSalp.6423

I came here to bump this thread because if this happens it will make me very happy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

if eternity did look like this it would actualy be worthwile to waste my gold on a legendary to begin with. Sad Arena net seems to think legendary must look like troll-like weapon rather then actual legendary looking stuff. How is a bow that shoot unicorn supose to be legendary give me the stormbow or the voltaic spear back o_O

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

@OP: The artwork is gorgeous, but I would rather ANet work on new legendary skins for all weapon types than spend even one more minute messing with the existing greatswords, which are arguably

Off topic:

give me the stormbow or the voltaic spear back o_O

The voltaic spear is already in the game, it’s just an underwater weapon, so many people don’t even realize it’s there. It isn’t quite as flashy as it was in GW, but it’s pretty close.

It’s a named exotic: Al’ir’aska

Getting an updated storm bow would be really cool. I could see them making that the next longbow legendary, with effects similar to Bolt.

(edited by Vick.6805)

in Suggestions

SSalp.6423

There are a lot of people that actually like quip and the dreamer. I don’t think they should be “removed” or anything similar, but they will add new legendaries so lets hope those are not utter crap. (I really don’t like the raven staff, if that really is a legendary)

Also here to bump for eternity because it looks kitten.

in Suggestions

Lukas.3950

its totally fine to change imo, but i understand it if they dont. but at least, we have to get those bugs fixed, changing footsteps and aura at day, throwing etc

in Suggestions

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

Eternity needs an upgrade! keep this going!

at least needs to have the missing weapon effects fixed.

I think the aura needs to be fixed – the purple smoke looks like my toon is sick.

I think Eternity should have a unique look, with the click-able option to switch to twilight or sunrise!

just my two cents.

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

@OP: The artwork is gorgeous, but I would rather ANet work on new legendary skins for all weapon types than spend even one more minute messing with the existing greatswords, which are arguably

Off topic:

give me the stormbow or the voltaic spear back o_O

The voltaic spear is already in the game, it’s just an underwater weapon, so many people don’t even realize it’s there. It isn’t quite as flashy as it was in GW, but it’s pretty close.

It’s a named exotic: Al’ir’aska

Getting an updated storm bow would be really cool. I could see them making that the next longbow legendary, with effects similar to Bolt.

While the voltaic spear may be in GW2 under the name Al’ir’aska, it certainly isn’t identical. The blue pulsating animation isn’t there, and it has a few ugly red bits on the handle – unlike the perfect, flawless voltaic spear from GW1.

The voltaic spear would have to be one of my favourite skins of all time but the fact we can’t dye it makes it ‘meh’ to me. I still have one on the off chance we can dye them one day though (I still have my fingers crossed… ever since day 1 of GW2 coming out).

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Think it serious. This is the “ultimate legendary” right now.

Attachments:

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

(edited by RoyalPredator.9163)

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

RoyalPredator, that’s pretty cool

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dominik.4058

Dominik.4058

Dam id make eternity again in a heart beat if that was the design RoyalPredator

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

Just saw the Sunrise aura on full resolution – makes me miss my Sunrise – the Eternity aura is so terrible.

Please update!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eli Stormstrike.8637

Eli Stormstrike.8637

So signed, do this please pretty please.

Only complaint would be that I like the look for both Twilight and Sunrise, so would have to craft 2 Twilights and 2 Sunrises, 1 of each for Eternity and 1 of each for the separate looks.

In other words, I’d drop dead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Think it serious. This is the “ultimate legendary” light now.

Man, I wish Anet see this thread ASAP. I really regret combining twilight and sunrise

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

still to close to the original design, why not change the shape of the blade?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

i like the OP post color scheme best for eternity. Dat blue

in Suggestions

Lukas.3950

this thread got over 21k views by now, anet must have seen this.
i reallyreally regret combining the swords. advice to all other players : even if you think eternity is not so bad, DONT do it.

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

Do not worry. ArenaNet sees every thread. Mostly (if not about a millionTh Dye Weapons topic).
The only question is, Will they fix it?

Keep the Hope

in Suggestions

Lukas.3950

maybe anet can really change the model, aura, and effects, and just give every eternityowner sunrise and twilight (unbound) back?
i would totall forge them again if eternity looks like that and ive never talked someone who wouldnt like that makeover.
well, i dont have too much hope to get a real eternity like i this thread, but i expect to get the bugfixes, and an aura change.
merry xmas to all!

(edited by Lukas.3950)

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

Changing an existing item’s look or stars radically is always a “huge risk”.
IF they remake the “Eternity”, some user will dislike it.
What opportunities they have you ask? They’ll delete the item &;
a) Refound in Gold (not likely)
b) Refound in the original 2 GS (but in account bound state I think)
c) Refound in all-material costs
d) Alternative: Change the Skin, but for existing ones they give a one-time item that can be applied only on that model and keeps the “old” version look

in Suggestions

Lukas.3950

on the other hand, they changed a lot of legendarys, why not dat one too?
refound the 2 gs would be the logical conclusion imo.

in Suggestions

NiloyBardhan.9170

Do not worry. ArenaNet sees every thread. Mostly (if not about a millionTh Dye Weapons topic).
The only question is, Will they fix it?

Keep the Hope

What’s frustrating is that Anet haven’t even fixed the Eternity bugs, let alone improving it …

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

in Suggestions

SSalp.6423

RoyalPredator that looks amazing! :O
The actual designs for sunrise and twilight are just pretty pictures, they shouldn’t be that hard to change, trails and auras might require some more work.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

the 2 eternity designs are awesome good work

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zygil.1276

Zygil.1276

Great concept designs.

The correct way to go is simply to allow Eternity to retain the original Sunrise and Twilight forms by the players choice, but bring forth a unique third form that is unlocked upon merging the two swords.

This way, players are not giving up two legendary weapons for one. Owners will be able to swap between the original two great sword appearances and enjoy a new third appearance whenever they want. Similar to how legendary weapons can stat swap, Eternity would be able to skin swap.

Then we could move on making other fusion legendary weapons for the others.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Overlord.6428

Overlord.6428

Wow that’s an good idea! I like it!

in Suggestions

SSalp.6423

I’m here to bump the thread because why not

in Suggestions

Lukas.3950

nearnewyears update, its a great suggestions above, but just give us twilight and sunrise back and let us combine them again if its worht it (what it totally would be!)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Natalie.6728

Natalie.6728

So beautiful. I would want to make Eternity if it looked like this

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raukuu.8205

Raukuu.8205

I would very much appreciate if Eternity looked like either of those 2 pictures posted. They both look gorgeous and unique, but alike to Sunrise/Twilight enough that you can see their roots.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hijacker.4156

Hijacker.4156

These suggestions are really nice, but the most important thing for me are the missing effects compared to twilight/sunrise.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.4301

Kaizer.4301

Bumping this thread

in Suggestions

Lukas.3950

remove the purple mist, give eternity back the old aura (sunrise) and add the missing effects. kthx

in Suggestions

NiloyBardhan.9170

remove the purple mist, give eternity back the old aura (sunrise) and add the missing effects. kthx

They can improve it in such a way that it emits sunrise aura during day and twilight aura during night.

Firstly, they need to fix the bugs. Seriously, it gas been already 1.5 years since the game released and bugs aren’t fixed yet…..

in Suggestions

Lukas.3950

it would easy as kitten. just give them back the auras footsteps, and fix those kittening bugs. or better, redesign it. giving back the old auras is at least a start, but in this case , you combine 2 legendarys just to get a glowing crystal and losing the positibility to swtich between the skins. waste of money. i really regret making eternity