What Guild Wars 2 is missing. It's the little things that count!

in Suggestions

Posted by: xSharkyx.4531

xSharkyx.4531

I’ve been playing Guild Wars 2 for a while now and I have enjoyed every minute of it; however, there are a few areas that could use some minor improvements.

Guilds:

• Rosters
    I’ll start with guild rosters. When scrolling through your guild roster you can see a fellow guildie’s character name and account name. The problem occurs when that player is offline and you can only see their account name. For a small guild this may not seem like an immediate issue, but it quickly escalates as you gain more members and your trying to figure out who should still be an initiate or a full time member.
  • Gmotd
    A problem with the guild message of the day is that if it’s changed, no one knows unless they are told, or just so happen to pull up the roster to look it up. If you could implement a way for the guild leader and officers to broadcast gmotd updates, it would help to keep information flowing. A simple chat command of /gmotd to display the message would be helpful as well.
  • Guild Vaults and Treasure Troves
    I like having two separate storage units for my guild. It makes it easy to divide items into categories. My qualm is that you can’t set withdraw limits for guild members. Nothing is stopping that Theif who just got promoted to member from emptying your entire vault. A withdraw limit would help create a safety net for guild leaders to protect their valuables.
  • Online notification
    It’s as simple as that. The ability to turn on the option to see other guild members log on. It doesn’t just benefit guild leaders, but the guild as a whole. You can see as other people log on to help you with dungeons, events, PvP, etc. You shouldn’t have to friend every guild member to see when they are logging on.
  • Chat
    Another idea that would be nice is to have an officer chat. This makes it easier for guild leaders to talk privately with their officers about official guild matters.

PvE

• Melee Combat
    There are several encounters where melee users just eat dirt. You end up pulling out that bow or rifle and letting the NPC tank it or let someone kite the creature until it dies. I have read many arguments of experienced players being able to work around this in some situations. The problem is that much of the player base is not veterans. If your first thought as a melee oriented class is that “I need a good range weapon to do well in PvE,” then there is a design flaw. To clarify, it’s not horrible to have to use ranged weapons at times, but to feel forced leaves you with a taste of something to be desired.
  • Dungeon LFG Chat
    As your leveling up you start unlocking dungeons. The first couple is pretty easy to get a group for because a good number of people are in that level range. Once you start leveling past those early dungeons, finding someone who meets the level requirement of the higher level dungeons (and wants to go) is far and few between. Some of the higher level dungeons are located in low level zones, where broadcasting an LFG in map chat is pointless. Having a dedicated LFG chat for each dungeon would help connect players and giving power to party leaders to choose who they want to bring.

General

• Trade
    Yes I understand I’m beating a dead horse on this one. I understand both sides perfectly. Adding face to face trading creates the ability for players to scam others, and/or exploitation by third parties (i.e. gold farmers). I get it. It just seems lazy to say “Were not sure how to resolve this, so were going to remove it from the game.”
  • Dueling
    (Grabs his dead horse beating club). Dueling for me isn’t just a testament to my skill is a player, it’s a development tool for me to learn how to counter other classes. I’m content with knowing that X class can’t defeat all other classes, but maybe I can find a way to prolong my life against the classes I’m weak against to get reinforcements. Group duels would also be great, but I would be happy with just 1v1 for now.
  • Waypoints
    The engine behind creating waypoints is to get you to where you want to go, without the burden of long travel. This stands true, until you start moving up in the levels. That 11 copper waypoint to divinity’s reach is now a little more than 3 silver. It seems almost punishing to use the waypoints at higher levels unless you just have loads of coin on you. There are two solutions to this. Decrease the increments in cost for waypoints, or include some type of mounts or faster mode of transportation obtainable by players.

This is my first time playing a guild wars game. I applaud the devlopers at making a very detailed and engrossing world. You have me hooked. I think fixing a few of the aforementioned suggestions will keep myself and many others hooked for a long time.

(edited by xSharkyx.4531)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hulaine.4823

Hulaine.4823

I agree with most of the above, but I feel like its also lacking a lot of little UI ‘things’, as well as other things, that will just improve quality of life for players like myself.

- Target (and target of target)
- Damage Display (something that shows you how much damage you’re taking/healing etc)
- Numerical figures on health bars
- Mail boxes should have a CoD option
- Easily visible MS (ping) and FPS display

Minds gone blank, but there are plenty of little things. All I will say, is I do enjoy the game, and I also understand its early days – plenty of time to implement most of this!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari.4278

Ari.4278

A cash on delivery mail type would solve the trading problem, for the most part.

in Suggestions

Posted by: freche.1250

freche.1250

My biggest issue with melee combat is that it’s impossible to play relaxed.
Dodge timing must always be immediately/perfect or you will get hit.

Also it’s impossible to sometimes (quite often) see what a boss does because it is a big ball of light, screen is shaking, you just know that he is in there somewhere and you are hitting him because there are some numbers on the screen and if he does something well there is no way to know and dodge we just have to eat it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

I agree with all the Guild suggestions, especially the lackluster nature of the roster. If someone logs out on an alt, I cannot see a thing about their main. This is frustraiting when you are cooking and want to send some guildies some level appropriate food from your stockpile or such.

Some of the rest not so much. I do tire of seeing people beat that dead dueling horse, though. Especially when the company has made official statements on their stance of it a number of times. Here’s the first one that came up on Google. There’s other references to it out there, if you hunt around.
http://www.mygw2.com/esclusive-interview-with-eric-flannum-and-jon-peters.html

in Suggestions

Posted by: KrisV.5612

KrisV.5612

I agree with everything in the Guild listing, I even mentioned it at the bottom of my post. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Change-Admin-Lower-Ranks-in-Ranks-Tab-is-needed/first#post97569

I didnt bother to read the rest since really didnt care after that. I like the game how it is now so.

Also a major thing that needs to be added for guilds. JOIN DATES. Right now I give every new member a week to be promoted. After awhile that will be changed to a month of new member ranking. With over 200 members in a guild. I cant keep track of when everyone joins.

Kris Auditore- 80 Warrior Hawk Ice- Main 80 Ranger
Leader of Immortal Legacy on Blackgate(US)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/immortallegacy/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malmis.4568

Malmis.4568

I agree on the guild-suggestions, I also would like to see how long ago since members was last online.

Friskyttarna.eu – Swedish gaming community

in Suggestions

xSharkyx.4531

My main focus was for the guild changes. I can live without most of the other items that I listed. The game seemed like it was pressured to be rushed out the door without polishing some of the rougher edges. In a platform that centers it’s self around guilds and the communities that you build from it, it just fell short to me. I appreciate all of you who read my wall-o-text, and I’m glad to see other members of the community expressing some of the same concerns.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BananaMatrix.3702

BananaMatrix.3702

As far as little things go… FISHING! I want mykittenfishing! >w<

in Suggestions

xSharkyx.4531

I was actually really shocked when I didn’t see fishing in the game. Aside from the great water visuals, every time I see a huge neutral fish when doing an underwater quest, I just want to wrestle it out of the water and cook it.

I think having a fishing rod added to the same gathering slots as axes, picks, and sickles, would be great. You could use fish in various crafts. For example, the scales from certain fish could be used for armor, or oils to polish/harden a bow. Of course, cooking would benefit from the seafood dishes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BananaMatrix.3702

BananaMatrix.3702

I was actually really shocked when I didn’t see fishing in the game. Aside from the great water visuals, every time I see a huge neutral fish when doing an underwater quest, I just want to wrestle it out of the water and cook it.

I think having a fishing rod added to the same gathering slots as axes, picks, and sickles, would be great. You could use fish in various crafts. For example, the scales from certain fish could be used for armor, or oils to polish/harden a bow. Of course, cooking would benefit from the seafood dishes.

I don’t think I’d like fishing as just another gathering profession. I’d rather have it as a mini-game! You could fish up old boots you could salvage, or occasionally little trinkets, white, blue, green or maybe even yellow and red items! Or messages in bottles with lore related text, maybe even old bound diaries from significant characters in the GW’s universe! There’s so many possibilities to make it a fun little time sync.

in Suggestions

xSharkyx.4531

I don’t think I’d like fishing as just another gathering profession. I’d rather have it as a mini-game! You could fish up old boots you could salvage, or occasionally little trinkets, white, blue, green or maybe even yellow and red items! Or messages in bottles with lore related text, maybe even old bound diaries from significant characters in the GW’s universe! There’s so many possibilities to make it a fun little time sync.

I think your on to something with this one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

Guild message when you login, for all chat rooms is a good idea.

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Most of your suggestions are great ones, except for:

- PVE match making system call it what you want but we all know what it is you’re asking for LFG tool that ports you to dungeons so NO.

- Dueling, I can see why but it does NOT fit the lore, so NO. Though I see no reason to not allow for it in the heart of the mist area only.

- Direct player trading, now that the Trading Post is fully operational I do NOT see the need for this anymore, it only serves to circumvent the TP prices and scam people, not to mention it will be molested by gold sellers.

- someone mentioned COD option for mails, same here applies to what I said about the TP, it will be misused and molested by scammers and gold sellers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JaggedOne.6934

JaggedOne.6934

Fishing should absolutely be added to the game.

Fishing is just fluff, but one thing that is sorely missing and that makes the game less immersible and more of a hassle is no CoD. This is an MMO standard, for cripe’s sake.
Add it soonest please!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

Fishing is already planned as an ‘in the future’ addition. It was talked about in Beta that they did not have an ETA on it, and it would not be there for release.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JaggedOne.6934

JaggedOne.6934

Two other things that cause me a lot of hassle and lessen my immersibility and enjoyment of the game:

1. Please add the ability to send mail to alts on the same account. This would allow me to have an “AH mule”, like in the other MMOs I play/have played, and free my main toon from wasting time finding bank and AH access (waaaay to hard to find in this game, btw) and allow him to just enjoy the game.

2. Adding the ability to send and receive mail from anywhere, thus eliminating the search for a mail box. was a stroke of genius. No clue why you didn’t do the same thing for bank access. It makes perfect sense and would greatly enhance player enjoyment and simplicity.

in Suggestions

Latinkuro.9420

Two other things that cause me a lot of hassle and lessen my immersibility and enjoyment of the game:

1. Please add the ability to send mail to alts on the same account. This would allow me to have an “AH mule”, like in the other MMOs I play/have played, and free my main toon from wasting time finding bank and AH access (waaaay to hard to find in this game, btw) and allow him to just enjoy the game.

2. Adding the ability to send and receive mail from anywhere, thus eliminating the search for a mail box. was a stroke of genius. No clue why you didn’t do the same thing for bank access. It makes perfect sense and would greatly enhance player enjoyment and simplicity.

If all you want is a TP mule it’s easy to do if you pick the right city, in Divinity’s reach the bank and TP are just a step away from each other and there’s a waypoint right there to, so no need for mailing to alt characters just send to bank.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I love all the guild suggestions and the desire for dueling. How am I supposed to train new guild mates if we can’t duel?

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Suggestions

Latinkuro.9420

You do know you can make private SPVP servers right ?
you can train your guildies in there as much as you want and not be bothered by outsiders.

And I’m pro dueling but ONLY in the heart of the mists NOT outside in the PVE world.
It’d be annoying with all the duel requests all the time, and it’d look weird as it goes against the lore.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sigfried.4317

Sigfried.4317

I’d like there to be dueling…but in ‘arena areas’ where it doesn’t become an eyesore to other people.

in Suggestions

xSharkyx.4531

You do know you can make private SPVP servers right ?
you can train your guildies in there as much as you want and not be bothered by outsiders.

And I’m pro dueling but ONLY in the heart of the mists NOT outside in the PVE world.
It’d be annoying with all the duel requests all the time, and it’d look weird as it goes against the lore.

I find it really funny that you think dueling someone else is against the lore. I don’t think you have read the lore, or played very much of the game if that is your stance. I say this because there are several heart “quests” where you have to “train” npc’s by fighting them in a “duel.” Do you not think from a lore stand point that you should “train” other players to better combat Zhaitan and his forces?

I understand your concerns with having duel requests pop up all the time, so here is my solution. Why not add an area that is made for dueling. Call it the Training Grounds. Players could go to the training grounds located at all major cities and train with other players by dueling. When guild housing is added you could pay to have a training area constructed as well.

in Suggestions

xSharkyx.4531

Most of your suggestions are great ones, except for:

- PVE match making system call it what you want but we all know what it is you’re asking for LFG tool that ports you to dungeons so NO.

It’s a problem to ask for a tool to help find a group for a dungeon instead of cluttering up map chat? I’m not saying we should get teleported to the dungeon, and receive a bonus for using the tool. Just a way to find the people who want to do the same dungeon you want to do. Finding other players should NOT be a scavenger hunt.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

• Waypoints
    The engine behind creating waypoints is to get you to where you want to go, without the burden of long travel. This stands true, until you start moving up in the levels. That 11 copper waypoint to divinity’s reach is now a little more than 3 silver. It seems almost punishing to use the waypoints at higher levels unless you just have loads of coin on you. There are two solutions to this. Decrease the increments in cost for waypoints, or include some type of mounts or faster mode of transportation obtainable by players.

Or make the waypoint area based instead of level based. This way, we won’t have to pay 1 silver for the closest waypoint in areas like Queensdale.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LittleBigAsura.6071

LittleBigAsura.6071

A guild forum would be good too!

Fedd
Luxon [Lux]
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: LittleBigAsura.6071

LittleBigAsura.6071

By the way I LOVE this thread, Anet HAVE to read it and answer or at least add all those contents to the game

Fedd
Luxon [Lux]
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bonzoso.7014

Bonzoso.7014

I agree with pretty much everything but including a Dungeon Finder tool. Nobody can argue that it makes it far quicker and easier to get into these dungeons and accomplish what you want without the need for long sessions, and as a working adult with way less time (and less desire to play during the time I do have) than I had back in the EQ days, even I would benefit from it. I certainly used it a lot after it was put into WoW. However, GW2 (and the MMORPG genre in general) has already moved so far in the direction of becoming a lobby game with menu screens leading to instant-action that it’s lost a lot of what made me like MMOs in the first place. I’m all in favor of a more useful, streamlined LFG tool, but I’d prefer players to actually have to talk to each other to build their groups.

As for melee combat inside dungeons and against bosses, it would be much more forgiving if they added audio cues before those big one-shot attacks. Players would still have to dodge a lot and stay mobile to survive, but at least they’d have another cue to react to when the boss gets lost in the chaos of particle effects and flashing numbers.

in Suggestions

xSharkyx.4531

I agree with pretty much everything but including a Dungeon Finder tool. Nobody can argue that it makes it far quicker and easier to get into these dungeons and accomplish what you want without the need for long sessions, and as a working adult with way less time (and less desire to play during the time I do have) than I had back in the EQ days, even I would benefit from it. I certainly used it a lot after it was put into WoW. However, GW2 (and the MMORPG genre in general) has already moved so far in the direction of becoming a lobby game with menu screens leading to instant-action that it’s lost a lot of what made me like MMOs in the first place. I’m all in favor of a more useful, streamlined LFG tool, but I’d prefer players to actually have to talk to each other to build their groups.

As for melee combat inside dungeons and against bosses, it would be much more forgiving if they added audio cues before those big one-shot attacks. Players would still have to dodge a lot and stay mobile to survive, but at least they’d have another cue to react to when the boss gets lost in the chaos of particle effects and flashing numbers.

After reading your post, and thinking about what would best serve the community, I have come to agree with your opinion. My stance has changed to adding a LFG chat that is dedicated to each dungeon that players can join. This gives you that “Face” time with players your adding to the party, and your able to pick and choose who you want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

In DDO, when you log in, the MoTD is the 1st thing displayed in the guild chat window.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nemesis.1948

Nemesis.1948

Numerical figures on HP bars is a must have, this would be ever so much more helpful. For those who don’t prefer it, it should be optional to use.

Duels and Trading is also a must for any MMO imo. Guild v Guild would also be very nice to have.

Update – The ability to view other players gear would be really ideal. Something like an “Inspect” option.
Many thanks,