What Would You Pay For?

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I’m starting this thread with hopes that it can get many suggestions and possibly a sticky.

There are tons of threads suggesting items for the gem store, and positive responses are most often accompanied by “I would certainly pay X gems for that!”

So I’m interested in what realistically implementable items you would be willing to spend actual cash on if seen in the gem store. These items would follow the theme of Transmute Stones, Keys, Cosmetics, Dyes, Minis, etc.

Here are my top 5:

1. Race Change Kit – this has been a hot issue in the forums recently
2. Karma Transfer Stones – almost everyone has a main character that they like to accumulate Karma on, but doing events on alts is just as fun
3. Crafting Starter Kit – crafting is a big part of the game but getting into the deep end of it can be painstaking for players with little time to partake
4. World Boss Timer – This may cause controversy being a paid item, but with many free sources for this information, it is completely optional
5. Profession-Specific Armor Skins – We have racial armors, but profession specific skins could be an interesting addition

I’m sure there are many items that players would like to see and would like to purchase to support their favorite game. Let’s hear what yours are!

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Come on, I know people reading this are thinking about things they’d like to see. Share here!

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Not a single dime again, until they fix the stuff already in game.

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

There’s nothing on sale in the gem store that I would pay real cash for (which is what gems are).
Nothing in this list either.

What WOULD I pay for?
Instant battleground ticket – jump the bg queue (consumable.)
Perpetual food buff (consumable). The current food item to last 24 hours instead of 30 mins. (then I don’t need to keep a kitchen timer on my desk).

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Saved Builds / Gear Templates - Up to 800 gems / slot
Cosmetic mounts - up to 2000 gems
Pet abilities / new emotes and gestures - up to 1000 gems
Guild Name Change - up to 1000 gems
10 levels booster - 300 gems (gain 20 levels on a character. 2400 gems for 80 levels. Of course only available if the story mode and world exploration are 100% completed with at least 1 character).
Unique guild banner - 1000 gems (option to upload your image)
Replay Living Stories - 1000 gems (option to replay past living stories achievements I missed)

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pewintodo.4138

Pewintodo.4138

Race change kit maybe for one or two of my alts. You can already get crafting starter kits from the laurel vendor in LA by doing the dailies. I tend to save the jugs of karma from these to boost my alts (works well with a karma booster).

I would also suggest:

Unlimited axes – surely to follow soon after the picks and scythes
New tier of dye pack – maybe 1-3 rare dyes
Endless costume contract – able to re-craft a skin set for lost bits or new set for alts (maybe 1G in-game cost to craft like guild armor)
New tier of minis – a single mini guaranteed to be exotic
Endless tonics – would quite like the endless forest tonic but not willing to try via RNG bl chests and they can’t be traded
Evon Gnashblade secure transit box – random item from the top 100 most valuable items on TP
Evon Gnashblade lottery ticket – cost 1gem (or 10 silver), runs every week and the winner gets a secure transit box as described above.

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I would pay for cape as backpiece, I would pay for make-over kits and hairstyle kits if new customization features were introduced, I would pay for some booster to increase the number of tokens you get from dungeon, like karma and MF ones, I would pay for the chance to move karma from a character to another or to deposit it in bank, I would pay for roleplaying items, I would pay for “Middle-Age” style of town clothes, I would pay to have Vabbian armor skin and other skins from Gw1 not just the few we got already…should be all

\||||||/
O°v°O

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

you know those contracts we have to summon a black lion trading post guy or a banker?

id like an auto sell junk contract that would instantly sell my junk items as soon as they enter my inventory.

auto deposit collectables contract (with an on/off switch)
auto salvage stuff like rags/pelts/scrap mettal contract (with an on/off switch)
auto open bags contract (with an on/off switch)
auto pickup drops contract…

that kind of stuff ;p

i’d rather pay for stuff that i can use on all my accounts than just 1 character, also i prefer permanent things instead of 1 time use and its gone.

for example… if commander function would apply to all my characters i would have already bought it

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

(edited by Magische Boek.2530)

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tyr.1963

Tyr.1963

10 levels booster - 300 gems (gain 20 levels on a character. 2400 gems for 80 levels. Of course only available if the story mode and world exploration are 100% completed with at least 1 character).
Replay Living Stories - 1000 gems (option to replay past living stories achievements I missed)

I agree with all of these except the 10 level booster

I don’t like pay to win games, and Guild Wars 2 has been good about leaving those kinds of things out of the game. I have a level 80 character, 2 40’s and a 30. I felt like I accomplished something when I got my character to 80, and I will feel that again when I do it with my other characters. If I could just pay to get to 80, I’d feel like I wasted time.

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

I agree with all of these except the 10 level booster

I don’t like pay to win games, and Guild Wars 2 has been good about leaving those
kinds of things out of the game.

But my friend, I already have that possibility through crafting! I can just buy the materials and in a day, add a crafting booster and.. poof! Level 80. Or I can switch to my lower character at the end of a dungeon and I gain one level. COF path 1 is 10 minutes long so I can make 6 levels/hour.

I have a level 80 character, 2 40’s and a 30. I felt like I accomplished something when I got my character to 80, and I will feel that again when I do it with my other characters. If I could just pay to get to 80, I’d feel like I wasted time.

I did feel the same accomplishment as well… back then. But now I have 4 characters leveled manually to 80, two of them have personal story and map completion. So bear with me here! I can draw the maps with my eyes clothes and point mos of the quest locations. I feel I deserve a quicker option to level. Plus I get to contribute to Arena Net.

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Race changer is a no-go

but the rest, why not

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Right now I would not pay for anything. I want my things to drop in the game or if needed crafted.

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Here are my top 5:

1. Race Change Kit – this has been a hot issue in the forums recently
2. Karma Transfer Stones – almost everyone has a main character that they like to accumulate Karma on, but doing events on alts is just as fun
3. Crafting Starter Kit – crafting is a big part of the game but getting into the deep end of it can be painstaking for players with little time to partake
4. World Boss Timer – This may cause controversy being a paid item, but with many free sources for this information, it is completely optional
5. Profession-Specific Armor Skins – We have racial armors, but profession specific skins could be an interesting addition

I would pay for all of these as they affect me in at least one character. What I would also REALLY like to see is…

1. More (or universal) Hairstyles - Why can’t my Human have a pony-tail like my Norn? Really, how hard would it be to make this available?

2. UI Configuration Saved to Character - I have a Thief that I play as a main and an Ele for an alt. My Ele’s attunement changes was set to my mouse button but sadly, I can’t save the specific UI settings to this character alone. Talk about a pain when I change characters…

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

gw1 armor skins

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

gw1 armor skins

Agreed. Not sure why just about all medium armor sets have some sort of coat/cloak look to them. Not much variety…

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

What Would You Pay For?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Frankly, the only things I would pay for would be the makeover kits IF they released new hairstyles, faces and tattoos/horns/ears and some long skirts for my noble humans (I would prefer them being armor skins, but I will be happy with town clothes).

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”