What about Town-Clothes Vendors?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katnaxel.6529

Katnaxel.6529

Members of Anet/Guild Wars 2, as well as fellow Guild Wars 2 players,

I have a suggestion that I really think you guys should look into.

My suggestion is this:
Like Tier Armor vendors that sell Race-Based armor within the five main cities/starting zones, there should be similar vendors for RP/Town Clothes.

Think about it.

For example, one of my characters is a Sylvari. As dashing as he is, the only Sylvari-themed clothing I have for him is what his default Town Clothes are, and the only way I can get any variety from that is to purchase either Tier Armor and/or the Cook’s outfit from the Black Lion Trading Company…That’s not really a lot of options in my opinion… Sure I can dress my Sylvari up in the same furs and leathers like any other race because it’s cheaper and more available… But I believe that if there were a vendor in The Grove that my dashing little plant-man could utilize to buy a variety of leaves to mix-and-match for his Town Clothing (so, no specs or anything fancy besides how the outfit/clothing actually looked) I would. I feel that many other players and RPers would do the same.

And this isn’t just limited to Sylvari! A Town Clothes Vendor for each Home Starting Zone! The Norn can have a choice of awesome furs, the Humans can have a variety of renaissance-themed dresses and such, the Asurans can deck themselves out in only the flashiest and technologically advanced fashion to date, and the Charr… Only the best for those fuzzy lugs!

I seriously think this should be a thing. Granted, I’m sure someone can come up with a better name than “Town Clothes Vendor” (the first thing that comes to mind is “Fashionista” and I have no idea why…) but hey, it’s a start, right?

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Been asked for many times, sadly. The Town Clothes option merely exists to make NCSoft some money through Gem Store sales for lore-trampling cosmetics and that’s about it.

All I want to do is be able to use in-game gold to buy the same town clothes that all the NPCs are already wearing.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lonesamurai.4852

Lonesamurai.4852

+1 to the idea (and well written)

I must admit I haven’t actually used town clothes since release though

Owner and GW2 DJ, Sanitarium.FM
Guild Leader – Wolf Pack Samurai
Owner and admin, The Guild-Hall2.net

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katnaxel.6529

Katnaxel.6529

All I want to do is be able to use in-game gold to buy the same town clothes that all the NPCs are already wearing.

That is precisely what I’m getting at! I would probably go broke buying Town Clothes if the option were available to be honest. Even still, being able to wear what the NPC’s have (and being able to Mix-and-Match it), or to even have a few other wacko styles thrown in there, it’d be great.

You do have a point though, about how limiting all other style options to the BLTC in order to help turn a profit. As annoying as it is, it’s business 101… Still, I like to see the cup half-full on rare occasions, and maybe if we get enough people it can be done? Maybe?