What do you want as the next profession?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talgor.9427

Talgor.9427

When expansions do eventually come out for the game, i’m sure they will include a new class or two, (hopefully). What would you guys like to see?

I loved the monk in GW1, and while I know they don’t want healers, I think you could make them more of an unarmed dps class. Don’t know how well it would work with the current weapon skill system, but im sure if you are coming out with new classes, you guys will make some big changes as well.

I also loved the Ritualist from GW1. So many playstyle choices from spirit spammer to lightning damage, and lets not forget about the Urns you could run around and drop for amazing effects!

But my #1 all time wish for a class, which I have not seen done successfully in any MMO, would be a BARD. PLEEEEEASE ANet!!!!!! There are literally SOOOO many things you could do with a bard profession that it is ridiculous. Why other MMO’s have not picked up on it yet, I don’t understand. But with the innovation you guys have at your company, I think you could pull it off extremely well.
Anyways, those are a few professions I would like to see, what about you guys?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

The best implementation of the Bard I’ve seen was in Forsaken World. In that game, each spell had a Note associated with it. Chain any 3 notes together to get a song that passively buffs allies. It could work in this game as a profession mechanic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

BARDS ARE NOT MUSICIANS!

Minstrel = English court musician, no combat skills.

Bard = Celtic Warrior Poet, who would wade in to battle chanting mystical poems, disembowels droves of enemies while doing so, then walk away spinning a rhyme about all the enemies they just killed. These guys were BAs, not lute carrying pantywaists. If you want some real bard stories, look up Finn MacCoul, Oisin, or Cuchulainn.

I would love to have a bard, but if they screw up like D&D and make a bard that is actually a minstrel, I will not be responsible for the harm it causes me to inflict upon them.

I’d also be find having a musician class if they actually call it a minstrel and not a bard! People need to stop perpetuating this stupid mistake, the guys who made D&D were a couple of random joes who put in zero research. And there are so many mistakes in it when it comes to the mythological characters it represents, how they portray bards being one of them.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Something in Heavy armour, that’s my only criteria. We don’t need another “mage”.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Duke Blackrose.4981

BARDS ARE NOT MUSICIANS!

Bard = Celtic Warrior Poet, who would wade in to battle chanting mystical poems, disembowels droves of enemies while doing so, then walk away spinning a rhyme about all the enemies they just killed. These guys were BAs, not lute carrying pantywaists. If you want some real bard stories, look up Finn MacCoul, Oisin, or Cuchulainn.

I would love to have a bard, but if they screw up like D&D and make a bard that is actually a minstrel, I will not be responsible for the harm it causes me to inflict upon them.

I’d also be find having a musician class if they actually call it a minstrel and not a bard! People need to stop perpetuating this stupid mistake, the guys who made D&D were a couple of random joes who put in zero research. And there are so many mistakes in it when it comes to the mythological characters it represents, how they portray bards being one of them.

Umm…. here’s the thing about professions – sticking to older lore is pointless and unnecessary. As the developer, it is your world. You define what something is and how it works. If D&D says that Bards/Minstrels are musicians in their world, they are musicians in their world. If you say that Bards/Minstrels are living potatoes in your world, then they are living potatoes.

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

BARDS ARE NOT MUSICIANS!

Umm…. here’s the thing about professions – sticking to older lore is pointless and unnecessary. As the developer, it is your world. You define what something is and how it works. If D&D says that Bards/Minstrels are musicians in their world, they are musicians in their world. If you say that Bards/Minstrels are living potatoes in your world, then they are living potatoes.

I agree with this. If they made a bard class, I would love to see them utilize both music and some sort of storytelling/poetry. It would be like a bard/minstrel in one. Honestly, the name of the class wouldn’t matter to me as long as the gameplay and mechanics were done well

in Suggestions

Conncept.7638

BARDS ARE NOT MUSICIANS!

True, and I don’t deny that. But everything made in fantasy is based of something in reality. And in my opinion, a better fantasy is fulfilled when you actually base it off real world things instead of stacking one fantasy setting off another off of another; as doing so eventually dillutes ‘fantasy archetypes’ in to pithy ‘tropes’. Can anybody deny that has happened? Bard has become a trope synonymous with cowardly, weak, and any useless baggage in a party of adventurers.

Not to mention the fact that this may be offensive to the people who have real world connections to the cultures and mythologies these fantasies are based off of. I happen to be Irish, my ancestors were enslaved by the English for hundreds upon hundreds of years. How could I not be offended by someone taking something from my culture, stripping it of all cultural identity, and then replacing it with elements from the very people who attempted to kill my culture off?

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

The bard sounds nice.

I’d really like to see a Chronomancer, however, like they were planning to implement in Gw1 and then didn’t. I think a scholar of time would be cool to implement. I’m still wondering about another heavy, as what could be done to make it unlike war and guard.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

Well what would compliment the existing professions or supplement it? A “they look great!”? Lol

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

BARDS ARE NOT MUSICIANS!

True, and I don’t deny that. But everything made in fantasy is based of something in reality. And in my opinion, a better fantasy is fulfilled when you actually base it off real world things instead of stacking one fantasy setting off another off of another; as doing so eventually dillutes ‘fantasy archetypes’ in to pithy ‘tropes’. Can anybody deny that has happened? Bard has become a trope synonymous with cowardly, weak, and any useless baggage in a party of adventurers.

Not to mention the fact that this may be offensive to the people who have real world connections to the cultures and mythologies these fantasies are based off of. I happen to be Irish, my ancestors were enslaved by the English for hundreds upon hundreds of years. How could I not be offended by someone taking something from my culture, stripping it of all cultural identity, and then replacing it with elements from the very people who attempted to kill my culture off?

You could not be offended by taking it so seriously. It’s just a game, if they made a Bard class, they would not be offending anyone by it. It would just be another class in a fantasy game. I personally would love to see it done, because I am a very musical person, and I would love to see music or some sort of the arts implemented into a class. It would be awesome!!!

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

The bard sounds nice.

I’d really like to see a Chronomancer, however, like they were planning to implement in Gw1 and then didn’t. I think a scholar of time would be cool to implement. I’m still wondering about another heavy, as what could be done to make it unlike war and guard.

This sounds AMAZING!!!!! How could I have forgot not to mention a time-mage profession!! If there is going to be another cloth-wearing profession, I would definitely love to see this done. I would put bards in medium armor myself. And as for another heavy profession…maybe reintroduce the Dervish as a Heavy Armor profession? Or make some sort of shapeshifting profession that uses heavy? Idk XD, ill think on it and get back to you guys if I come up with anything.

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

I may have just thought of one actually…how about a Samurai? They could use heavy armor!

in Suggestions

Conncept.7638

You could not be offended by taking it so seriously. It’s just a game, if they made a Bard class, they would not be offending anyone by it. It would just be another class in a fantasy game. I personally would love to see it done, because I am a very musical person, and I would love to see music or some sort of the arts implemented into a class. It would be awesome!!!

The game isn’t the problem, the way it depicts a certain culture is, and the fact that every game for 30 years has perpetuated that depiction.

Would you be okay with blackface comedy as well? It may be more offensive to our modern sensibilities, but it’s exactly the same thing. You are taking an identifier of a group of people, be that a race or a culture, and twisting it into something that stereotypes those people in the most offensive way possible. In this case, taking the heroes of culture that has been enslaved for hundreds of years, and equating those heroes with the very weakest and most foolish among those who enslaved them.

Now I’m not even saying this was done on purpose, as I said the guys who first started this probably didn’t even do the research to know this would be offensive. But once you know, that isn’t an excuse anymore.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Call the Profession a Skald.

Problem solved. Would also fit Norns perfectly!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skald

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

I loved the Ritualist in GW1 and I do think even with all the other pet and turret classes in GW2 they could work. Rangers spirits are just a joke. I don’t know how effective engineers turrets are and I’m not sure about the new Necro minions but GW1 Ritualist spirits had their own niche especially when used in conjunction with other spells and ashes.

Due to the GW2 system Rit ashes could even be dropped and reused by other party members. There could be healing ashes that give the rit regen and a large heal on dropping then they could stay on the ground so long and be lifted by anyone else in the party for regen and heal on dropping until they burn out. There could be a spirit that creates damage that can interrupt but at timed intervals that may or may not time with effectiveness against enemies but with ashes held in their hand the rit can control the astacks on a cool down. Spirit of agony could introduce the fractal agony effect but against enemies.

Also Rits used to buff weapons as well if you remember. So they have a lot to offer.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

(edited by joneb.5679)

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

The game isn’t the problem, the way it depicts a certain culture is, and the fact that every game for 30 years has perpetuated that depiction.

Would you be okay with blackface comedy as well? It may be more offensive to our modern sensibilities, but it’s exactly the same thing. You are taking an identifier of a group of people, be that a race or a culture, and twisting it into something that stereotypes those people in the most offensive way possible. In this case, taking the heroes of culture that has been enslaved for hundreds of years, and equating those heroes with the very weakest and most foolish among those who enslaved them.

Now I’m not even saying this was done on purpose, as I said the guys who first started this probably didn’t even do the research to know this would be offensive. But once you know, that isn’t an excuse anymore.

Did I suggest a Bard class that was weak and cowardly compared to the other ones? No. I suggested a Bard class that would be epic and fun to play. I honestly don’t see how any Irish history pertains to the game, and this thread in particular. In order to not get this thread closed down, i’d like to ask you to please only comment if you have something positive to say, or would like to suggest a new profession.

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

I loved the Ritualist in GW1 and I do think even with all the other pet and turret classes in GW2 they could work. Rangers spirits are just a joke. I don’t know how effective engineers turrets are and I’m not sure about the new Necro minions but GW1 Ritualist spirits had their own niche especially when used in conjunction with other spells and ashes.

Due to the GW2 system Rit ashes could even be dropped and reused by other party members. There could be healing ashes that give the rit regen and a large heal on dropping then they could stay on the ground so long and be lifted by anyone else in the party for regen and heal on dropping until they burn out. There could be a spirit that creates damage that can interrupt but at timed intervals that may or may not time with effectiveness against enemies but with ashes held in their hand the rit can control the astacks on a cool down. Spirit of agony could introduce the fractal agony effect but against enemies.

Also Rits used to buff weapons as well if you remember. So they have a lot to offer.

Just what I was going for! The ashes could be a really cool tool. Also, with the Rit’s buffing weapons, maybe they would create some new boons to go along with that? Who knows!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

How about doubling up on the professions. Eight more but with a different theme set group. These would be alts for existing professions. If comps or supps aren’t needed then just double with new skin, story, one for each race…

in Suggestions

Conncept.7638

Did I suggest a Bard class that was weak and cowardly compared to the other ones? No. I suggested a Bard class that would be epic and fun to play. I honestly don’t see how any Irish history pertains to the game, and this thread in particular. In order to not get this thread closed down, i’d like to ask you to please only comment if you have something positive to say, or would like to suggest a new profession.

I have made no post that did not speak on the subject provided in the OP, which brought up bards. I have contributed nothing offensive or non-constructive. Nothing in the rules states that something is off-topic or non-constructive because it does not agree with the original posts interpretation of a class design.

And yes, you did suggest an offensive bard class. As I said, the most offensive thing about it is that it is taking something from one culture, removing the cultural identifiers from it, and replacing them with identifiers from a culture that is persecutory towards the original. That would be offensive to anyone, and nobody has a right to decide what can or cannot be offensive to a certain people except those people themselves. It either needs to be called something besides a bard, so the association isn’t there, or needs to depict a bard without those offensive identifiers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

I would love to see. Ritualist, assassin (wears rifle instead of short bow) , beserker

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Suggestions

Duke Blackrose.4981

I would love to see. Ritualist, assassin (wears rifle instead of short bow) , beserker

Everything the Ritualist had was put into the Engineer and Guardian. The Thief is basically the same thing as a Guild Wars Assassin except with stealth in place of shadowstepping as the primary mechanic. The Berserker role is already contained within the Warrior.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ceg.2587

ceg.2587

shape-shifter. i know the norn have elite skills like that but it would be super cool to have a class which can change its form. turning in to a ball of lightning, a ghost or even a monster. it would be great to have another proffesion of mass confusion.

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

I have made no post that did not speak on the subject provided in the OP, which brought up bards. I have contributed nothing offensive or non-constructive. Nothing in the rules states that something is off-topic or non-constructive because it does not agree with the original posts interpretation of a class design.

And yes, you did suggest an offensive bard class. As I said, the most offensive thing about it is that it is taking something from one culture, removing the cultural identifiers from it, and replacing them with identifiers from a culture that is persecutory towards the original. That would be offensive to anyone, and nobody has a right to decide what can or cannot be offensive to a certain people except those people themselves. It either needs to be called something besides a bard, so the association isn’t there, or needs to depict a bard without those offensive identifiers.

It does not need to be called anything else. It can be called a bard. You are basically saying that if someone uses the word bard out of the extremely detailed context that you have described, it is offensive. It is just a word used to describe a class, how did I suggest an offensive bard class? All I said is that it would be a cool class, and that they should implement it. I know there are people like you out there who search threads just to nitpick at peoples comments, but please excuse it from this thread. If you wish to discuss this matter further, please just private message me. Thanks.

(edited by Talgor.9427)

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

shape-shifter. i know the norn have elite skills like that but it would be super cool to have a class which can change its form. turning in to a ball of lightning, a ghost or even a monster. it would be great to have another proffesion of mass confusion.

This would be a cool idea…maybe each form could use different weapons as well? Lots of stuff to be done with this

in Suggestions

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

None. For expansion content I’d like to see the available traits and skills for existing professions expanded to create greater diversity. As in, doubled. As well as new weapon types for existing professions.

This means that all of your expansion content is useful for both existing and new characters rather than releasing an expansion where a large chunk of it requires rerolling. I’ve always hated that in MMOs. Having to choose to play the “new thing” or playing my “slightly upgraded old thing”

I want an mmo expansion which is actually “Play your greatly expanded existing thing, or, optionally, roll a new thing because the additions we made to it make it interesting for you now.”

The way zone scaling works in this game is great, as any added areas are viable gameplay destinations for existing characters. We need to expand that to adding new toys to characters.

Would you rather have a new race, or double the appearance options, animations, and emotes on an existing one. These take similar amounts of development time and skillsets, but one option is actually useful to everyone that plays the game while the other is only useful to people willing to reroll.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Suggestions

Posted by: Animag.7634

Animag.7634

A martial artist that focuses on the vigor boon and sometimes uses endurance to more than dodging. They can go into difference stances to improve combat capabilities (like doubling endurance regeneration or block all incoming attacks by consuming endurance).

Besides that I think a bard/minstrel/skald sounds like a great idea. If there’ll ever be new professions I think Anet will make 2 new to keep the number of professions even.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saraya Bloodrain.1284

Saraya Bloodrain.1284

I would like to see The Commando lol j/k

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

None. For expansion content I’d like to see the available traits and skills for existing professions expanded to create greater diversity. As in, doubled. As well as new weapon types for existing professions.

This means that all of your expansion content is useful for both existing and new characters rather than releasing an expansion where a large chunk of it requires rerolling. I’ve always hated that in MMOs. Having to choose to play the “new thing” or playing my “slightly upgraded old thing”

I want an mmo expansion which is actually “Play your greatly expanded existing thing, or, optionally, roll a new thing because the additions we made to it make it interesting for you now.”

The way zone scaling works in this game is great, as any added areas are viable gameplay destinations for existing characters. We need to expand that to adding new toys to characters.

Would you rather have a new race, or double the appearance options, animations, and emotes on an existing one. These take similar amounts of development time and skillsets, but one option is actually useful to everyone that plays the game while the other is only useful to people willing to reroll.

This is a good point. I would also love to see two choices for every 1-5 skill, I believe it would make the game much more unique. But, that would require them to make double the amount of skills, which im sure would be very challenging. But, if it is possible, id love to see them do it! Still though, i’m pretty happy with the current professions, and I would love to see some more

in Suggestions

Posted by: MiloSales.8560

MiloSales.8560

I’d like to see another Heavy Armor class to balance it out (not necessary, but nice).

I’d say something like a Weapons Master, with the Profession Specific Ability to switch between additional weapons (which I think would be ok for balance as the Elementalist essentially already does this). For Flavor, give access to all real weapons (excluding things that are more mage like -Focus, Torch, Staff, Scepter.

I like the Animag’s idea of using the Stamina Bar for more – maybe even giving the class three segments and dodges rather than two – but having it be a resource for highly mobile utility skills, or the ability to burn stamina to decrease cool-downs on weapons skills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

The monk a light armor profession who can use martial arts with daggers and unleash some powerful smite prayer skills such as ray of judgement, and powerful healing skills trough healing prayer and boost boon duration with divine favor.

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

I’d like to see another Heavy Armor class to balance it out (not necessary, but nice).

I’d say something like a Weapons Master, with the Profession Specific Ability to switch between additional weapons (which I think would be ok for balance as the Elementalist essentially already does this). For Flavor, give access to all real weapons (excluding things that are more mage like -Focus, Torch, Staff, Scepter.

I like the Animag’s idea of using the Stamina Bar for more – maybe even giving the class three segments and dodges rather than two – but having it be a resource for highly mobile utility skills, or the ability to burn stamina to decrease cool-downs on weapons skills.

Good ideas. But, the warrior is essentially a “weapon master”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I would just like to see getting all existing classes improved with sub classes for better spezialization, character progression, more skills/traits, new talents and so on.

Everything else, that doesn’t find a place then under the sub professions is a potential thing for a new primary class, if its able to have also fitting sub classes.

Warrior needs following 3 Sub Classes:

• Berserker – spezialized on Damage Dealing (Berserker upgrade gets renamed to “Swashbuckler”)
  • Gladiator – spezialized in Control
  • Skirmisher – spezialized in Support

Thief needs following 3 Sub Classes

• Infiltrator – specialized in Support
  • Rogue – specialized in Damage Dealing
  • Saboteur – specialized in Control

Elementalist needs following 3 Sub Classes:

• Arkanist – specializes on Support
  • Runologist – specializes on Damage Dealing
  • Sorcerer – specializes on Control

Necromancer needs following 3 Sub Classes

• Occultist – specializes in Support
  • Witcher – specializes in Control
  • Summoner – specialzes in Damage Dealing

Guardian needs following 3 Sub Classes:

• Defender – specializes in Control
  • Augmentor – specializes in Support
  • Sentinel – specializes in Damage Dealing

Ranger needs following 3 Sub Classes:

• Hunter – specializes in Damage Dealing
  • Scout – specializes in Control
  • Explorer – specializes in Support

Engineer needs following 3 Sub Classes:

• Alchemist – specializes in Control
  • Innovator – specializes in Damage Dealing
  • Technician – specializes in Support

Mesmer needs following 3 Sub Classes:

• Bard – specializes in Support
  • Mentalist – specializes in Control
  • Duelant – specializes in Damage Dealing
    ———-

From that point on, there are only a few class niches left, that could fit as new classes being able to offer also sub classes.

The Visionary

• Oracle – specializes in Control
  • Ritualist – specializes in Support
  • Shaman – specializes in Damage Dealing

The Lancer

• Dragoon – specialized in Damage Dealing
  • Marauder – specialized in Control
  • Templar – specialized in Support

That way would have GW2 a much better feel for Character Progression besides getting only some traits and more skills if you could see also your character progressing in its talents becoming able to do more things in the line of specializing either more into damage, control or support with your character.
(Being able to reset your decision like you can reset traits with money, just that this kind of reset would cost a bit more, 1 Gold instead of 40 silver)

And this stuff would set the table for Add On Content for at least 3 add ons adding 1 sub class per class.

And the 2 new classes would perfectly fit as additional classes for the Cantha Add On with the nice project name of “Closer to the Stars”, which is most likely the next to come, together with Tengus…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I want to play a Ranger.

I know, we have rangers now…but I want to play a TENGU Ranger T_T

in Suggestions

Posted by: frostflare.6390

frostflare.6390

Heavy Armor chronomancer. Complete with Time bubbles. I’ve always wanted a chronomancer. But Albeit idk if gw2’s design could handle it. Tera for example would work well with a chronomancer. But gw2, I don’t know.

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

I would just like to see getting all existing classes improved with sub classes for better spezialization, character progression, more skills/traits, new talents and so on.

Everything else, that doesn’t find a place then under the sub professions is a potential thing for a new primary class, if its able to have also fitting sub classes.

Warrior needs following 3 Sub Classes:

• Berserker – spezialized on Damage Dealing (Berserker upgrade gets renamed to “Swashbuckler”)
  • Gladiator – spezialized in Control
  • Skirmisher – spezialized in Support

Thief needs following 3 Sub Classes

• Infiltrator – specialized in Support
  • Rogue – specialized in Damage Dealing
  • Saboteur – specialized in Control

Elementalist needs following 3 Sub Classes:

• Arkanist – specializes on Support
  • Runologist – specializes on Damage Dealing
  • Sorcerer – specializes on Control

Necromancer needs following 3 Sub Classes

• Occultist – specializes in Support
  • Witcher – specializes in Control
  • Summoner – specialzes in Damage Dealing

Guardian needs following 3 Sub Classes:

• Defender – specializes in Control
  • Augmentor – specializes in Support
  • Sentinel – specializes in Damage Dealing

Ranger needs following 3 Sub Classes:

• Hunter – specializes in Damage Dealing
  • Scout – specializes in Control
  • Explorer – specializes in Support

Engineer needs following 3 Sub Classes:

• Alchemist – specializes in Control
  • Innovator – specializes in Damage Dealing
  • Technician – specializes in Support

Mesmer needs following 3 Sub Classes:

• Bard – specializes in Support
  • Mentalist – specializes in Control
  • Duelant – specializes in Damage Dealing
    ———-

From that point on, there are only a few class niches left, that could fit as new classes being able to offer also sub classes.

The Visionary

• Oracle – specializes in Control
  • Ritualist – specializes in Support
  • Shaman – specializes in Damage Dealing

The Lancer

• Dragoon – specialized in Damage Dealing
  • Templar – specialized in Support

That way would have GW2 a much better feel for Character Progression besides getting only some traits and more skills if you could see also your character progressing in its talents becoming able to do more things in the line of specializing either more into damage, control or support with your character.
(Being able to reset your decision like you can reset traits with money, just that this kind of reset would cost a bit more, 1 Gold instead of 40 silver)

And this stuff would set the table for Add On Content for at least 3 add ons adding 1 sub class per class.

And the 2 new classes would perfectly fit as additional classes for the Cantha Add On with the nice project name of “Closer to the Stars”, which is most likely the next to come, together with Tengus…

All really cool ideas, but I don’t think Anet would want to go down this path. Having 3 “specs” would make it too much like WoW, and people would have to choose one of three roles, instead of just making their own like you can now. I will admit though, that the trait system could use some major reworks to get different builds feeling much more unique.

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

Heavy Armor chronomancer. Complete with Time bubbles. I’ve always wanted a chronomancer. But Albeit idk if gw2’s design could handle it. Tera for example would work well with a chronomancer. But gw2, I don’t know.

I think they could pull it off. Although it is something that has never really been done in an MMO, but still, like the bard i suggested, if they do it and do it right, it would be outstanding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

none. I want to see more weapons, utilities, and elites release for existing classes, as well as Orders specific skills akin to Racial only skills.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xorcerox.4807

Xorcerox.4807

I’m for an unarmed fighter. His boxes and kicks with lots of knockback/down/launch. Would be really nice. As weapons, kick-boots and punching-gloves! :P

Leader of Death Is Energy[DIE]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

As much as I would love to see new professions it would be detrimental to the game if they did not finish the other professions such as the engineer, necro, & ranger that is in need of serious attention.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I would be extremely pleased to see a musical class added to the game.

The bard from Everquest 1. Still never replicated.

Seems like the Eles attunement system would actually work nicely with bards. Not the exact setup, but something in that neighborhood.

Also you’d get to hear people complain about instruments. Don’t you want to hear “I’M TIRED OF THOSE FLAVOR OF THE MONTH OBOE/VIOLIN PLAYERS!” hehe

in Suggestions

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i want to play as a dragon, and fly around the world. probably not going to happen, though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

@ Talgor

Even with only 2 sub classes together with the primary class, this system would be far superior over the current class system. My concept about this has only 3, because of the game being focused around 3 different battle styles of DD, Control or Support.

Basically this would work also with just only 2 sub classes per primary class, if the primary class takes over one of the said 3 battle styles and can specialize into that direction. That being said, my concept of sub classes could be also easily reduced to this:

Warrior – specialized in Control

• Skirmisher – specialized in Support
  • Berserker – specialized in DD

Ranger – specialized in Control

• Hunter – specialized in DD
  • Scout – specialized in Support

Guardian – specialized in Support

• Augmentor – specialized in Control
  • Templar – specialized in DD

Mesmer – specialized in Control

• Bard – specialized in Support
  • Duelant – specialized in DD

Necromancer – specialized in DD

• Occultist – specialized in Support
  • Witcher – specialized in Control

Elementalist – specialized in DD

• Arkanist – specialized in Support
  • Runologist – specialized in Control

Engineer – specialized in Control

• Alchemist – specialized in Support
  • Technician – specialized in DD

Thief – specialized in Support

• Rogue – specialized in DD
  • Infiltrator – specialized in Control
    ——-
    ——-

Visionary – specialized in Support

• Oracle – specialized in Control
  • Ritualist – specialized in DD

Lancer – specialized in DD

• Dragoon – specialized in Support

That way we would have for all classes 1 sub class lesser and all of that would be basically done within 2 expansions instead of 3
However, this here is only a small taste of what I’m thinking about really, how the class system should get improved within future add ons.
GW2 definetely needs more character progression over item progression in future, simple as CProg makes alot more fun over time than IProg does, as IProg always will end up in gear grind only.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

in Suggestions

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Personal pick: dervish

Light armor wearer with a scyte as its only weapon option, but with different attunements to it (kinda like elementalists), names could be something like the possible lines of specs the GW1 dervish had, scythe (melee AOE), mysticism (condition and control damage), earth prayers (ranged magic damage) and wind prayers (healing and support).

Also this profession would need to have enchantment – enchantment removal synergy like it had in GW1. For example (this is from memory, I haven’t played for a whike), you might have a healing skill that works as an enchantment on you, giving you regeneration. If this enchantment is removed prematurely, it resurrected up to 2 nearby party members with 50% health. On the other side, there was a scythe attack that removed an enchantment if there was one available (trigering the effect of its removal) and if it removed an enchantment it would heal party members, so by using both in sequence you could resurrect and heal party members… the downside is that if you used the scythe attack, but there was no enchantment to remove, it weakened you for a little while.

Elites could be becoming the avatar of the gods like in GW1 (Avatars of Balthazar, Dwayna, Grenth, Lyssa, Melandru and now Kormir).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

I would like to see as a new profession a soldier totally opposite to guardian. As guardian is more supportive, this new profession, let’s call it hell knight for now, would have more conditional and crowd control skills. Would be nice, and many people want third soldier. Also i would like a fourth scholar something like mesmer, but more wizardlike. With no elements like elemenatlist, or clones like mesmer, no dead summoning like necro too. Like a wizard with more harmony skills, like opposite to mesemer, as it has chaotic skills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

I’m with expanding the existing classes. The current setup fills the niches quite to the spot (seriously, “unarmed fighter” niche is not possible in this game, have you ever looked at your skill bar?) without defining the characters too narrowly. Well, I could potentially see a bard-type class, perhaps mixed in with a bit of Paragon from GW1, but still unlikely. Much rather I’d see a host of new weapons spread somewhat evenly to the existing classes, along with adding a considerable amount of new utility, healing and elite skills. And traits, of course, would get the same treatment.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in Suggestions

Talgor.9427

As much as I would love to see new professions it would be detrimental to the game if they did not finish the other professions such as the engineer, necro, & ranger that is in need of serious attention.

I mean we all would love to see the existing professions get some love, and i’m sure they will in upcoming patches. But an expansion is a big thing, and will probably include new races/professions. If an expansion comes out, I personally would much rather see an entirely new profession introduced rather than some reworks. That being said, I think they should do a big patch that introduces many new skills to existing professions, that’d be awesome!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Any class designed around a specific weapon idea (dervish, unarmed martiala rtists) You will never see them again. They are too restrictive and do not fit the ideal of the game. The unarmed fighters lack weapons to equip for weapons kills (remember people, classes have to be able to use EXISTING weapons) and the dervish is locked to only one weapon meaning the dervish only ever has 5 skills available on the first bar.

Bards are offensive machines and already in the game (they are warrior poets…aka the kitten warrior class IS a bard people, you shout and you slaughter). Minstrels have no combat ability and would be slaughtered helplessly (British artists aren’t known for being good fighters). Skald could work as a chanter-style…again would need to be close combat though.

The ritualist is already in the game, the engineer and the guardian have everything that was the ritualist, let the dead horse lay burried and forgotten.

Also, the expansions will not be the old style new island/location ones! This game has a very specific story it is telling. One dragon down, 3 to go…and all indications point to Jormag being next…meaning we are going into the mountains and deeper into snow swept locations. The game throws so many mentions of Jormag at us directly that it is pretty clear that will be the next dragon, thus our direction is farther north. IF a new class comes into play it will be a norse inspired one. Expect it to be heavy armored and a brawler in gameplay style (the warrior is more of a weapon master and less of a brawler).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

My idea is a "tactician " class ( heavy ). This class would use offensive and defensive skill sets per weapon set up kind of like attunements . each set up would also grant the chance at boon or to inflict a condition depending on your set up.
Weapons would be as follows
Main
Sword,Axe,Longbow,
Offhand
Dagger,Shield,Sword
A possible example might be
Sword Dagger offense grants a chance at poisoning a foe on dagger strikes and is purely offensive where as Sword Dagger defense grants a chance at stability every so many seconds and has more block/evade skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Adine, I actually like the idea, though soldier classes also come with a stipulation (which ANet themselves put on them) that they all have access to hammer/mace and are the only ones able to use those weapons (yes that means medium and light armor wearers, if ANet sticks to this plan, will never see mace or hammer weapons available…which sucks as they fit with Engineer style).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

Crafting profession: furniture maker.

Makes decorations for player housing.