What my guild wants from GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luninariel.4610

Luninariel.4610

This is not be any means a “Demand” or a WE WANT IT NOW, this is simply a list of things that we as a guild would like to see, and it’s up to arena net as to how/why/if they implement the change.

My List:
-Detailed HUD information (Percent of health, total health of enemy perhaps our choice of both)
-Player Housing
-More Armor and Weapons on the black lion that can be used in Combat
-Rework of town clothes, or perhaps changing town clothes to be a layer over your “Official” armor.
-Perhaps (Maybe asking much) a removal of Armor types, there’s no difference in defense or stats between Heavy Medium or Light, so why is there a limitation on what you can wear, make it so light armors can wear heavy and medium armor skins and vice versa.
-Guild Housing
-World interaction (Click on a bed, you get a different animation for sleeping ON A BED, Click on food your toon actually sits and eats! etc etc)
-10-25 man raiding (With all gear being cosmetic not stat dependent)
-More emotes.
-More things to do with 400 crafting – maybe different armor/weapon skins? More recipes? Make them like random drops or something?
-More options for character customization
-Bring back the personal story
-Chat Customization (Color, size, custom channels)

-Friendly NPC AI Improvement – Please, oh please, make it so that my friendly unit AI in missions and the like are actually decent at actually helping you out and don’t just die outright or stand there like stupid gits while you are getting mauled (Logan and Trahearne) or rush off to their death (any random Destiny’s Edge NPC you get unfortunately paired with in dungeons). I am NOT asking that they can single handedly do the encounter for you, but make them less useless would be nice or even better, allow us some measure of control of their behavior.

-DAILIES ARE NOT AN ADEQUATE SUBSTITUTION FOR CONTENT! – Stop that! Come on, out of all the things you copied from WoW, THIS was it?! Great strides have been made thus far to lessen the pain in this and that is commendable but more can be done! If we are forced to undertake this, then may I suggest avenues to put it to good use to make it rewarding like upping the monetary compensation for each one done or allowing us to built on reputation with some factions for a chance of getting nifty stuff. For example, as a human, I would really like to help out the norn and get access to some of that cultural gear.

-Use the Gem store wisely – It is no secret that me and a few others in this guild have, already in the few months since this game had been out had invested more real world cash into this game than we ever did in any MMO of old. Give us better options to buy on the gem store than what is normal and likewise, as a quality of life change, give us some freebies you are already charging us for.

Examples you say? Sure! How about that for 1000 gems you can upgrade your supply inventory of 250 item stacks it can now hold 500? For another 1000, it can hold 750, and for another 1000, 1000. Inventory in this game is a premium, it’s why they want you to buy some bank tabs but must they also charge us for unlocking additional bag slots on EACH CHARACTER WE BLOODY MAKE?! I can guarantee you if they make it so that things like Bag slot unlocks are account wide like bank slots, they can more than make up funds via other means a dozen times over especially since they aren’t forthcoming with new bank slots past the seven. How bout for 2000 gems, you will have your very own ‘Clothing Rack’ where you can store all your costumes and town clothes for all your characters? What about the really hard to get dyes like Abyss or Celestial, what if for 800 gems we could buy just those dyes but account wide? 1600 gives us that mining pick with unlimited uses for all characters?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shirou.4098

Shirou.4098

Don’t forget “Last Online” for guilds!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

You pay attention to armor too much do you? There IS a difference between light/medium/heavy armor defense, which in turn affects the maximum defense that class can rack up.

Yes, the AI of the npc’s we get stuck with in dungeouns/story need improved markedly. They need heals, actual utility skills, to intelligently USE those skills. Heck, Logan has a shield bubble that heals people massively (a specials kill only he has) and he NEVER uses it when it makes sense…he uses it when no one needs health or when nothing is attacking him. That is when he uses it at all, as he tends to glitch out most runs and never make use of it period. Caithe never stealths in combat, never makes use of any thief utility skills…matter of fact the only npc that uses multiple skills regularly is Trahearne.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

armor has different defense stat, if we could use it as skins they could keep the correct defense stat, but be worn by different class.

the skill logan uses can be used by any guardian with a shield, it heals and push back enemies… also braham from living story uses it quite a lot (braham is a better guardian than logan will ever be)

for the rest. i like what op suggested

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

armor has different defense stat, if we could use it as skins they could keep the correct defense stat, but be worn by different class.

the skill logan uses can be used by any guardian with a shield, it heals and push back enemies… also braham from living story uses it quite a lot (braham is a better guardian than logan will ever be)

for the rest. i like what op suggested

yes Braham actually came to my downed charater and started resing me. in the new dungeon. but ya i wouldent mind putting on the skin of some of the medium hand peaces for my mesmer.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in Suggestions

Posted by: ManDeeDoo.8243

ManDeeDoo.8243

I don’t so much mind the light armor, heavy armor thing… But when I’m fighting some Elite/Champion/Veteran enemy… and he drops like 5 items for ME… And they’re all Heavy armor… WTH!? I can’t use Heavy armor… I’m a Mesmer!! I would like to see items drop that My character can use. So yeah, maybe get rid of the difference.

Guild housing… Like a Guild Hall-like in Guild Wars 1? I really liked that.

in Suggestions

Luninariel.4610

Never realized the defense difference, but really they could easily make it so we can transmute cross armor types.

in Suggestions

Luninariel.4610

I’d like to see more people post suggestions after all my guild can’t have thought of everything!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Housing will be part of a “future” update. ( Housing: Guild halls and player housing in their home instance.89 )…Shhhh.

__
Completely agreeing about Chat customization.
World interaction,sitting on chairs,sleeping on beds.
More options for char customizing.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Suggestions

Luninariel.4610

How about a system similar to the Foundry in the new neverwinter? An instanced area where people can make their own Scenarios/Quests (Maybe a curious asura makes a second dimension or something?)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Many of these things will, hopefully, be addressed as the game ages.

As for Luninariel’s suggestion: YES PLEASE! That is the only reason I play Neverwinter Online, the Foundry system allows so much awesome creativity from the fans – a virtual never ending source of new content that the designers don’t have to make themselves. And like Neverwinter, if you use the existing buildings and npcs as placeholders for Quest Givers and Instance Portals you will really liven up the cities. I cannot second this idea enough! Or third it, or fourth it!

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

in Suggestions

Luninariel.4610

That’s the reason I suggested it, hell it would be easy for them considering the freedom they can give the Asura’s technologically and how versed they are in instanced encounters/areas. They could even charge a price of gems for a kit to be able to do it (Like, 800 gems for a "Creation kit that lets you create content in a particular area of the game) maybe somewhere in Lions Arch or Rata Sum?

in Suggestions

Luninariel.4610

Perhaps a feature that when you highlight over an item, (Like a identified dye) it tells you which of your alts has that specific item. Would make knowing if I had a dye on my main a world easier then popping it into my bank only to find out I gotta sell it later on.