What's with the obsession with humongous GS?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mileinnor.7125

Mileinnor.7125

Dear Anet, I like that fact that you added new weapon skins, but really, why is that 80% of all the greatswords look like they were designed for Cloud Strife? All my female human guardian wanted are nice looking, elegant and sleek greatswords, like Khrysaor or Kymswarden. But, since the Halloween update, all the new greatswords are twice the size of my guardian. Even the ultrarare greatswords like Sunrise, Twilight, and Volcanus are huge.

So please, introduce more elegant and sleek greatswords that can actually be wielded with two hands in future updates.

Sincerely,
Someone who is concerned with the current fad of humongous weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

I agree. My guardian uses “Khrysaor, the Golden Sword,” which is one of the smaller greatswords, and it looks great on her. When I saw the newest GS skins, I was disappointed because they were too large for my taste.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Well it’s for all the people whose achievement scores aren’t high enough or shoulderpads aren’t big enough.

Size matters after all. ;3

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

If you have a small non asuran character, you are stuck with the stock white GS.. or Ebon Vanguard GS for any hope of scaled appearance. GS are waay overdone.

But.. the trend is towards wow weaps/armor.. the magic lantern w/e shoulders are beyond ridiculous.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Suggestions

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Because of this hipster who swings slab of metal taller than himself as sword since 1990 before it is cool. True story.

Attachments:

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

(edited by loneknight.8425)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Because of this hipster who swings slab of metal taller than himself as sword since 1990 before it is cool. True story.

Not sure if people will be as objective as I am, but your image has a kitten in it and may be censored (i.e. removed). Upper right corner, the bodies in the waves. Is it weird that that’s the first place my eyes went toward? Na….

in Suggestions

Mileinnor.7125

Some of the GS (Vigil GS, pearl GS, Norn GS) are way bigger than the shields. =_=

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

what are you talking about, most of the gs are small for human

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Suggestions

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If you have a small non asuran character, you are stuck with the stock white GS.. or Ebon Vanguard GS for any hope of scaled appearance. GS are waay overdone.

Check out the Aureate Highlander skin. Similar to stock but more ornate.

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/07/gw2-greatsword-skin-gallery/#2

in Suggestions

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Not sure if people will be as objective as I am, but your image has a kitten in it and may be censored (i.e. removed). Upper right corner, the bodies in the waves. Is it weird that that’s the first place my eyes went toward? Na….

No, you are right, my apologies. I’m so used to mature themed manga that I often forget there are others who may not able to accept materials in them. Once again my apologies :p

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

In the name of the Agathan Rebellion, put in even greater greatswords.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

It doesn’t matter as much for a mesmer anyway, but I’d really like to see more sleek GS designs too. These new ones, particularly the Fractals GS looks so bad on a mesmer.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

It’s an anime thing. Kind of annoying that its coming more and more into western games…. Leave the crap in asia!

in Suggestions

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

I would like to see more slim realistic sized greatswords as well. Variation is always a good thing. And while some great swords do look great on my big hulking char, they look less great on my little asura female.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

you know what freud would say about men and their greatswords…
the bigger their greatsword the smaller their… mind

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Same can be said for normal swords as well. Most of them look hideous and something that a charr or a norn warrior would like to use, but I can’t find any swords that would fit my mesmer. What I would love is a rapier-type of sword meant for fencing, with a thin blade. But my options are kinda limited.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

If only we had huge hammers… (no double entendre).

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

The Kryta style sword and greatsword have a nice elegance to them. Possibly still a little too big but they at least look alright.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

And this is why the Aureate GS is my favourite in the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I prefer the slimmer blades myself. My Guardian has also Khrysaor and Skybringer. My Warrior has currently the Lion Guard GS and will later get the one from Ascalon.

Take just one wild guess, why I have no interest at all in a Legendary GS?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

… but really, why is that 80% of all the … new greatswords are twice the size of my guardian.

Some people feel the need to compensate for something?

;)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Yeah this is the reason why I’ve been using Dhuumseal (spelling?) since release. I’m not sure what the attraction is to carrying a big slab of rectangular metal on your back, but apparently one of the dev’s thinks it’s pretty hot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I want a larger greatsword with built in Flameseeker Prophecies shield because it’s large enough and two-pronged twilight-sunrise blades. As a hilt, the Mystic Forge itself would be cool. Furthermore, the weapon shouldn’t scale on asura.

/irony. Variety is key, and some of the coolest blades in gw1 were slim ones. As a large blade, the felblade is awesome in its modesty.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Perhaps there should be two different models of GS:s. One model for anime fans and one for those of us who prefer more realistic sizes. That would make more players interested in getting rarer skins and especially legendary GS:s and would not hurt anyone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

Anything too small becomes a “kitten Sword” or a “one a halfer” technically not a “Greatsword”. True 2 handed swords throughout history have been more of a status weapon for fancy people dueling or used similar to a spear with some attempts to be bludgeon slashing versus plate which had a short life span due to the superior power of longbows against plate armor eventually making plate armor not have a long stay at all in the real world.

A majority of greatswords already seem too dainty in game for this type of fantasy genre.

Besides running the risks of sounding very not PC: besides 3 female body types all of which I’ve rarely seen used. The second body over which seems like 95% of female characters have is vastly most popular, basically the body of a 12 year old girl who’s gone through intense chest enhancement surgery. Wielding a ridiculous weapon like a great sword will always look ridiculous in some sense on that frame.

I vote to keep making big ones. The greatsword selection in game is already pretty diverse and a good portion are very small but there are lots of unique choices and flavors. Only big one’s I can think of are Vigil, Twilight, Sunrise, Ghastly (debatable, on the edge of “big” for a greatsword), Fractal, HoTW, and invaders (I think). Out of 30+ greatswords. That’s less than 30%! Actually I find most to look like weird small tribal seaweed and wood and bone sword things.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

I’m so glad to see other people feel this way too.

I agree 100%, I would like to see some more elegant and realistic looking Greatswords. Not all of us want to look like rejects from Final Fantasy.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

From memory Warhammer (not WAR) artwork has/had massively oversized two handers. Looks heroic in fantasy art, not so much in e-reality.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

My female warrior has Vision of the Mists since i also dislike the bulky GS skins and prefer slim ones.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Yeah, it’s way over-the top and makes everything look ridiculous.
My Mesmer runs the Ebon Vanguard greatsword skin, while my Warrior runs the one that looks like Kymswarden, as these are not ridiculous, but I would love more realistic, elegant options rather than the oversized planks and bats we have at the moment.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

IMO best looking GS is the basic white beginners one. It looks realistic , balanced and practical for melee or magical use. Re-skinning is always an option

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I think Dawn is a sleeker sword, OP. You could just wield Dawn.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Mileinnor.7125

Dawn is over 600g. I’m currently using Khyrsaor, which has the same skin as Dawn. I’m actually interested in real world greatswords, like the Flamberge with its wavy blade, the single bladed Japanese Katana and the Mesoamerican obsidian bladed Macuahuitl. More elegant greatswords please?