What weapons would you love to see?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiirikka.7291

Tiirikka.7291

New weapon types are something that pops up in request once and a while. But as far as I tried to find a topic where people would be listing their ideas I couldn’t find one. I might be blind again, as usual.

It’s possible that Anet decides that it will never give us more weapon types, and I’d be pretty ok with that. Yet it would be a blast see even more skills and builds in this games, and adding weapon kitten nal might just do that.

So, I want to hear (and that way maybe get these things on eyes of the developers) what kind of weapons you would love to see in this game. To make this lil’tricky, I also ask you to tell how the weapon you are suggesting would work in the game. You may make ideas of specific skills or just be very sketchy, but something more than just: “I want shurigens. Period.”

So there is few weapons I would love to see. And here is my list:

Halberd/Spear
It would be nice to have a two handed weapon, designed to keep enemy arm length away. It wouldn’t do damage as much as hammer or great sword, but it could have greater range and it could have more knockback skills, which would give a good player extra hits in close combat before enemy is on your skin.

Crossbow
How about high damage, amazing accuracy, long range and decent critical rate? Of course, this would all come in a cost of slow speed and loss of area damage. Crossbow could be totally brutal, but something you more likely to use on bosses who stay still than someone who is running to your face. You know, something to snipe guys in pvp. Ultimate sniper weapon. Would require 2 hands.

Slingshot
Low range, low critical rate but spread and reasonable damage, and of course high speedy. Not very elegant, but takes just one hand, and gives melee character a bit extra range.

Nunchaku/knuckle duster
Besides daggers, we don’t really have any weapons which would force you on another player’s skin. Since dagger is a sharp weapon, it would be nice to have “blunt” option with it. Maybe less conditions, more damage?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

GREATAXE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Slingshot
Low range, low critical rate but spread and reasonable damage, and of course high speedy. Not very elegant, but takes just one hand, and gives melee character a bit extra range.

Slingshot already exists as a skin to shortbow.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Synesence.7546

Synesence.7546

I’m in for the knuckle duster idea! A thief equipped with it, goes into stealth and gets behind his enemy…and guess what’s coming?

DONKEY PUNCH!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Crossbow ,Halberd and Whip. Lets face it what would be better than a domination Mesmer with a whip

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarkCreator.9481

DarkCreator.9481

I would like to see engineer using a canon, a shotgun, or a Gatling gun. I also would like to see weapons like crossbow, halberd, whip and claws

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darsin Callagher.5821

Darsin Callagher.5821

rifle for a thief
they should also add racial weapons.
Claws for charr. something alcohol related for norns, something techy for asurans, something naturey for sylvari, godknows what to add for humans.

[Zeal][HoD]
Occasional Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

godknows what to add for humans.

lol….

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

You now what I want to see?
Unarmed.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Rheios.4152

Lord Rheios.4152

Unarmed would be sweet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raziel.8376

Raziel.8376

I want to see Rifles for Rangers, and 1 Hand swords for Elementalists.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

• WHIPS/CHAIN SICKLES
  • HALBERDS/ LANCES
  • QUARTERSTAFFS
  • CLAWS/GAUNTLETS
  • GREATAXES
  • RECURVE BOWS/CROSSBOWS
  • CHAKRAMS/ SHURIKENS/ KUNAIS/ BOOMERANGS
  • FLAILS
  • NUNCHUCKS (3-Section-Staffs)
Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shukay.3728

Shukay.3728

When anet will add new type of weapons i think they start to think about weapons for some class as the engineer that can wield only pistols. shield. rifle. (ok he have kits but is an another thing)

2h katana – Guardians, warriors, thief,
1h katana – thief, mesmer,
Halberds – Guardian, warrior

Flails? maybe be a skin for the mace.. yes also the katana

greataxe – warrior, guardian
Lances – Warrior, ranger
Nunchucks – thief
Crossbow – engineer, thief

Shortbow – available for mesmer
Rifle – available for ranger (gods ranger is an hunter, ok he have also shortbow and longbow…. but ranger have to wield the rifle…)
unharmed? oh sweet.. but i think it is available only for warriors..
racial weapons – this is a good idea

an idea for engineer or mesmer weapons?

in Suggestions

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Rapier (medium range, quick attacks and evades) and whip (medium range cc) for elementalist.

And best looking daggers and focus with particle effects; somehow i feel like all the love goes to sword/greatsword.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

A flail is no mace in terms of how the weapon functionizes… a flail (also known as Morning Star) is a metal ball with many thorns, attached to a chain that is again attached to a grip… A mace is just a grip together with a blunt weapon head with lesser range, than a flail.

http://the-pwnisher.deviantart.com/art/Midevil-Flail-56465788 < Flail

http://plutonius.aibrean.com/images/models/Mace.JPG < Mace

Howeve,r I see, what you mean with a skin, because basically a Flail is an modified version of a mace. However, you fight with a mace completely different, than you fight with a flail and thats something that could be used for different functionizing weapon skills.

Katanas are just swords and no, I don’t wan to see in GW2 tons of Sephiroth Clones running around with huge 2H katanas with way too long blades.

Its already bad to see, how many people in GW2 all just run around with 2H swords, only because of the game having for them 2,5 different legendary weapons, while all others have only 1

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

no the morning star was similar to the mace but with spikes not blunted , the flail on the other hand was on a chain .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shukay.3728

Shukay.3728

A flail is no mace in terms of how the weapon functionizes… a flail (also known as Morning Star) is a metal ball with many thorns, attached to a chain that is again attached to a grip… A mace is just a grip together with a blunt weapon head with lesser range, than a flail.

http://the-pwnisher.deviantart.com/art/Midevil-Flail-56465788 < Flail

http://plutonius.aibrean.com/images/models/Mace.JPG < Mace

Howeve,r I see, what you mean with a skin, because basically a Flail is an modified version of a mace. However, you fight with a mace completely different, than you fight with a flail and thats something that could be used for different functionizing weapon skills.

Katanas are just swords and no, I don’t wan to see in GW2 tons of Sephiroth Clones running around with huge 2H katanas with way too long blades.

Its already bad to see, how many people in GW2 all just run around with 2H swords, only because of the game having for them 2,5 different legendary weapons, while all others have only 1

it isn’t for the 2 legendary….. is because anet made the use of GS pretty better than hammers or staff….. mobility, hight damage…. yes hammer have a lot of cc but for the moment in the game DPS > CC so all use GS….

i really like play with hammer as guardian but the GS is better for dungeons, mobility in wvw and the 5 of GS

also the houndred blade of the warrior….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

A lance to use in conjunction with a shield

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jandopo.2107

Jandopo.2107

Let’s see…
1. Halberd.
2. Crossbow.
3. GreatAxe.
4. Scythe.
5. Flail.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

I’d like to use Queen Jenna’s leg as a hammer. We could call it a Jammer.

AmateurNet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Wisper/Vigil/Priony exotic type weapon with very nice another type of skin.

Hidden blade/Hidden pistol
Whip
BEE HIVE (I am serieus.)
Karta
Torch on main hand
2H axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Scythe (unlike staff warfare).
Whip (with pull)

And dual-guns for Mesmers would hit the spot!