Where is the Quiver?!

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ReinoudM.5931

ReinoudM.5931

Hey everyone!

I already made a topic about this at the player helping player forum, but since this is the Suggestion Forum I thought it would be more appropriate for the players here!

As a Bow-user I think my character isnt complete without the Quiver:
http://viphealthyleadership.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/quiver_lrg-11.jpg

Since the characters already make the movement of grabbing an arrow I think it isnt very hard for ArenaNet to add them to the game. Just like Engineers, with their backpacks, we can see where the arrows come from.

Since I already dislike the medium gear a lot (soo many pirate stuff, it isnt even funny anymore) I would like to have atleast the Quiver to ease the pain of the medium gear and also that immersiveness is also applied for other professions that are using a bow.

Thanks for reading!

(edited by ReinoudM.5931)

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fateless.6985

Fateless.6985

Would read again. +1. Take note developers, this man is after your jobs.

While you’re giving me my quiver, annihilate at least half of the “pirate” looking gear in the game please. I thought it was awesome when I got my first hat and chest, then i realized from level 20-80, it all looked the same.

Besides… isn’t pirate outfits made of cloth?

Phantasmal Fate
Mesmer
Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts (MMAC)

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Veph.4125

Veph.4125

I wholeheartedly support the idea of having a visible quiver, I think it would be a great flavour addition to the class.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bustercannon.7491

Bustercannon.7491

A brilliant idea is to make a quiver a “back brace” item so u can equip it and gain stats as well as the look. I play a ranger and that would definitely add a lot of style points
I think @ReinoudM has a great idea going. I would definitely consider Anet.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

I wholeheartedly support the idea of having a visible quiver, I think it would be a great flavour addition to the class.

Not just for the Ranger class of course. For eager bow-using Warriors and Thieves it should be available aswell! And if it starts to clip into your gear and you are very annoyed by it they should give us the option to hide it!
Atleast give us the option to see that gorgeous Quiver!! :p
(And the rest of the world must see the Quiver aswell!)

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: CaveSalamander.9150

CaveSalamander.9150

Ha! I’d be even willing to throw a couple of gems at them if that’s what they want for their troubles- on a side note quivers, if implemented, need to be attached to the bow item somehow so that greatsword wielders don’t look too awkward etc..
It could even match the bow’s style, like a krytan or mending shiverpeak.. but as that would require more designing work perhaps just make them dyeable ;D

My quest is to find the dorito.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

Ha! I’d be even willing to throw a couple of gems at them if that’s what they want for their troubles- on a side note quivers, if implemented, need to be attached to the bow item somehow so that greatsword wielders don’t look too awkward etc..
It could even match the bow’s style, like a krytan or mending shiverpeak.. but as that would require more designing work perhaps just make them dyeable ;D

Indeed!
Just give us a normal Quiver with a few decorations that arent too special or dull and we can make them cool and fitting enough just with the dyes.
Dont make it a Back-item, make it so it is compatible to the bow you acquired.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khasalianus.8610

Khasalianus.8610

I would love a quiver as a back slot item. That way you could get the visual appeal of it (and admit it, they are smexy), and it would be useful as an item.

You could even do a quiver/cloak combo, with the quiver on the outside, which is a fairly classic look for many rangers.

“That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.” – Twilight of the Idols
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

I would love a quiver as a back slot item. That way you could get the visual appeal of it (and admit it, they are smexy), and it would be useful as an item.

You could even do a quiver/cloak combo, with the quiver on the outside, which is a fairly classic look for many rangers.

That would be sweet, yes!

How can we get a moderator or anyone from ArenaNet to see this topic and that he/she will spread the word to his fellow workers so we can get our quiver?!

Or atleast get them thinking, that would be a start

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morphic.7045

Morphic.7045

Signed! asked multiple times for this in beta as did thousands of other people and we’re still denied it. keep it bumped so we get heard!

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cocytus.9137

Cocytus.9137

I would take it a step further and say allow us to trade our pet kit in for a quiver kit to add special types of arrows usable in play. Maybe I like playing a ranger but I don’t want to rely on a npc as part of my kit.

Seriously add something into the game that when I stow away my pet I can put on a quiver kit to add fire, bleed, poison, buff removal, shoot multi-arrows instead of 1, or anything you would like for a few seconds, shots, or scale it down to be active all the time but just give small boost.

I think this would add a lot to the diversity of rangers and lets face it our pets don’t even work very well at the moment anyways. :/

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: VisceralViper.8120

VisceralViper.8120

Yeah I would like a quiver too for any class that uses a bow.

I also like different kinds of arrows. Magic ones, explosive ones and what not.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daedin.7185

Daedin.7185

Definitely need a quiver. The animation looks weird without it. Useable as back slot is fine honestly. I’d trade out my pet kit for an arrow kit in a heartbeat, but I doubt that’s going to happen. Great idea though!!

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Artkil.8093

Artkil.8093

Give them a quiver and make them buy ammo!!

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: rjdslayer.3847

rjdslayer.3847

I think a quiver would be awesome!….I often wondered where all the arrows came from…..

Mai Daemoon – Elementalist
Xapp IggÍx – Engineer
Guild Officer of [TB] The Betrayed (Sea Of Sorrows)

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scorpio.3821

Scorpio.3821

Yes! Lets add something as minor as this instead of fixing all the issues that actually matter!

Legate of the Legion.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Veph.4125

Veph.4125

Yes! Lets add something as minor as this instead of fixing all the issues that actually matter!

I don’t think anyone’s saying it should take priority (at least I’m certainly not). As an after thought for when they have time to do aesthetic changes like that though, I support the idea and appearance.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: RyuJin.4123

RyuJin.4123

if they gonna add a quiver it best be a back piece wich u can see

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

I know it is minor but it does bug a lot of people (including me) and the hard part of adding a quiver, an animation of grabbing an arrow, is already present in the game. So how hard can it be?

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arashikaze.4529

Arashikaze.4529

Totally Agree, I would love if they added a quiver!

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bridgit Forgewood.2915

Bridgit Forgewood.2915

I support the quiver idea wholeheartedly! Not a high priority of course, but would be very nice once the major bugs are sorted…

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

A quiver would be great, and wouldn’t be adverse to the addition of ammunition either, provided it was managed properly.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: BornOfAnubis.7981

BornOfAnubis.7981

I will support any idea to enhance gameplay. Granted it may take a while for ANet to address this I feel they will continue to focus on a players experience in the game. Great idea!

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: orci.5019

orci.5019

Just make the quiver an optional back slot item (replaces back brace/cape), with a visual model. Solved. (Take note, devs!)

Server: Yak’s Bend.
Main: Hunter.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rmpz.7031

Rmpz.7031

Really should have Quivers already seems awkward not to have one on your back, but then again we don’t even fire arrows so why would we need a quiver ^^

Kidding aside, I think we should get both a Quiver AND arrows while shooting.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

The quiver suggestion has been ongoing since GW1 beta-weekends, *cough* and i have a suspicion that somebody in the ANet office is actively and successfully campaining against them *cough* the likely reason that GW doesn’t have them though is that they can cause clipping issues with various armors, perhaps not the armors that are in the game now, but perhaps some armor that is yet to be made…

And it’s not that the technology hasn’t been available to make them, in GW1 there were actually NPC’s that had a quiver. And we can all pretty much see how the engineer backpack could be remoddeled into a quiver, or for that matter any back item …

So taking this all in, i think the quiver won’t come to guildwars up untill some ranger loving modeler takes up his/her free time to make a quiverdesign that goes well with almost all armors, it will likely be a back item, so that the ‘choice’ to have one can be weight against the amount of clipping this quiver causes with the desired armor the person wants to wear, in which the profession of the player will also play it’s part (mainly some of the warrior armors)

I hope that day will come, rather sooner than later, not because i use a bow myself (as i don’t) but to satisfy the needs of those that do…

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sortis.3485

Sortis.3485

/agree I want my quiver, and make sure you make leafy looking ones for racial Silvari Armor too!

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

AND MY AXE. (Quivers approval acquired.)

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kagoshima Josh.5412

Kagoshima Josh.5412

Hear hear! I support this idea of a quiver! My Sylvari keeps reaching behind her back and pulling arrows out of thin air. No more!

Arnold is Numero Uno

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tyler.4150

Tyler.4150

I agree with this, it can’t be that hard for them to put it into the game after they have been working on it for so long.

North America – Isle of Janthir
Morowen Argon | Human Ranger | Lvl 80
Jada Argon | Human Mesmer | Lvl 56

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

The quiver suggestion has been ongoing since GW1 beta-weekends, *cough* and i have a suspicion that somebody in the ANet office is actively and successfully campaining against them *cough* the likely reason that GW doesn’t have them though is that they can cause clipping issues with various armors, perhaps not the armors that are in the game now, but perhaps some armor that is yet to be made…

And it’s not that the technology hasn’t been available to make them, in GW1 there were actually NPC’s that had a quiver. And we can all pretty much see how the engineer backpack could be remoddeled into a quiver, or for that matter any back item …

So taking this all in, i think the quiver won’t come to guildwars up untill some ranger loving modeler takes up his/her free time to make a quiverdesign that goes well with almost all armors, it will likely be a back item, so that the ‘choice’ to have one can be weight against the amount of clipping this quiver causes with the desired armor the person wants to wear, in which the profession of the player will also play it’s part (mainly some of the warrior armors)

I hope that day will come, rather sooner than later, not because i use a bow myself (as i don’t) but to satisfy the needs of those that do…

I dont really care if it clips into my armor and if it does bother to some people they should give it the option to be able to hide the quiver. Then you wont have that problem, but you do solve the problem of the no-quiver-adventures which the quiver-lovers now have to endure.

It does pain to my eyes when I see my poor ranger grabbing for an arrow altough there is none. The only reason why the enemies fall is just because they feel sorry for him and they want to save him the embarrassing feeling he would get if he wouldnt succeed in his adventures and see his sad face filled with tears. It just pains them and me!

So please support us in our struggle to unite all of Tyria to get the bow-users a Quiver… FOR THE QUIVERS!!! (I just saw an epic movie so I am feeling it :P)

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Filin.7963

Filin.7963

This is indeed disturbing, and there are no valid reason for absence of Quivers!

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Artbeard.4319

Artbeard.4319

At first I reported this same quiver issue as a bug, because I was sure that the animation shows that you grab an arrow from your quiver.

Was utterly disappointed when I found out they were too lazy to fit working quivers in the game.

Also, I agree that they couldve done a lot beter on the medium armor side of things.

You look like garbage, straight from the slums from 1 to 79, until you hit level 80 and with a little bit of farming become a god.
being forced to buy cultural armor is always a bit… meh.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

At first I reported this same quiver issue as a bug, because I was sure that the animation shows that you grab an arrow from your quiver.

Was utterly disappointed when I found out they were too lazy to fit working quivers in the game.

Also, I agree that they couldve done a lot beter on the medium armor side of things.

You look like garbage, straight from the slums from 1 to 79, until you hit level 80 and with a little bit of farming become a god.
being forced to buy cultural armor is always a bit… meh.

True. The gear was just utter disappointment. Altough I do actually look like a Ranger right now. The only thing that is missing is my Quiver. Without it my Ranger just doesnt look finished and that breaks the immersiveness that a game like this could bring to the player. Atleast when you are playing a char which uses a bow frequently.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jhu.3965

Jhu.3965

While you’re giving me my quiver, annihilate at least half of the “pirate” looking gear in the game please. I thought it was awesome when I got my first hat and chest, then i realized from level 20-80, it all looked the same.

I’m playing a ranger and rarely look like a pirate (except my boots, which are pirate boots) you should try leatherworking. The level 40 leather armor has a cool, cobbled-together look and the rare recipes you get from vendors make you look like nobility.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tomus.8632

Tomus.8632

I strongly agree with this Quiver idea

~Czech Republic community~
~My Gallery~ http://mrtomus.minus.com/

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reeddog.9132

Reeddog.9132

Signed ! Quivers would be a nice addition. Also Signed for the the abolishment of the pirate gear!! It was initially ok but i have had enough of it. Would like to see some more different skins for the Medium Armor.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

I’m playing a ranger and rarely look like a pirate (except my boots, which are pirate boots) you should try leatherworking. The level 40 leather armor has a cool, cobbled-together look and the rare recipes you get from vendors make you look like nobility.

I am not happy about all the level 40 leather armor either. That nobility look is cool if you are an engineer or something but not a Battle-hardened ranger who fights and lives in the forests. He needs to able to blend in with his surroundings. Not stand out like a nobleman. Make that gear for when people want to look “flashy” inside a capital city, not when fighting.
The one thing that thoroughly annoys me is when you get at the end of a dungeon and you get that silly pirate hat. You get that one at every dungeon!

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Graevarg.4871

Graevarg.4871

The idea of quivers filling is as back items is a brilliant idea and I too would not care if there were some visual issues (clipping) with certain armor sets. +1 to the whole idea and a bonus +2 on using the back slot to make this seamless for any class wanting it as a fashion accessory. Since “look” is such a big part of the game, it seems like a no-brainer.

And OMG YES on more non-pirate choices. I love to YARRR with the best of ‘em but it does get a little old. As a leatherworking Ranger I’d love to see more of the classic light / nimble leather one thinks of wrt Aragorn in his Strider days.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

I wonder how many people of ArenaNet are looking at the forums so small things like this can be picked up and can be looked at…

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: gesztenye.3750

gesztenye.3750

I think every race shoud have they own quiver.(like Engineer back kits).

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

I think every race shoud have they own quiver.(like Engineer back kits).

That would be nice. Then you can really portrait the differences between the races with something small like that.
Human will get a more ordinary Quiver.
Charr a bit more mechanic (Iron legion-ish) Quiver.
Sylvari a leaf-like Quiver.
Asura with inventive taste to it which that race has and maybe some lights :p
Norn a more barbaric Quiver.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morphic.7045

Morphic.7045

“I wonder how many people of ArenaNet are looking at the forums so small things like this can be picked up and can be looked at…”

This is not a small thing. Anet have proven again and again they care about the detail they put into their game and from even a first glance you can see the overwhelming amount of effort that has been put in the game. Yet the quiver is still such big thing that is missing. The Engineer has likely had all it’s unique backpacks since pre alpha because it would incredibly ridiculous without them and we’re still lacking quivers for bow users!

Please Anet give us quivers!

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sigilbeckons.4573

Sigilbeckons.4573

I just always thought our bows were magic, that’s why we don’t have ammo. =P

Sure +1, it feels weird not having something on my back that isn’t a silly cape.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

I thought that the arrows were funneled into our hands through tiny asura gates where dredge were working dropping arrows through countless little gates in an asuran warehouse somewhere.

But yes. A quiver would be excellent, I just don’t want to go out and buy individual arrows.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: MisterGumby.8924

MisterGumby.8924

I think one of the reasons of adding a quiver, even if it is only cosmetic, will probably clip with the character’s armor, especially in later levels as it becomes more exotic looking.

Heck my warrior’s shield clips through his back and pauldrons, and it just looks odd.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

ReinoudM.5931

I think one of the reasons of adding a quiver, even if it is only cosmetic, will probably clip with the character’s armor, especially in later levels as it becomes more exotic looking.

Heck my warrior’s shield clips through his back and pauldrons, and it just looks odd.

The clipping is no excuse. If it would clip I would still wear my quiver. It could be different for others, but not for me. Then give us a hide/unhide button to hide or unhide our quiver. Atleast give us the ability to see that smexy quiver!

And dont do it WoW-style quiver (altough is there gone now) that only the quiver-user could see the quiver and not the rest of the world.

Its all too silly!

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Guru.1582

Guru.1582

It looks really cheap and silly that my character is miming like he’s pulling out arrows and shooting them. The game doesn’t even render the arrow; it’s seriously like they’re LARPing and just playing pretend. The little white streak of where the arrow WOULD be just isn’t enough. Give us proper arrows!

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

I too feel that a quiver should automatically be added to any player that uses a bow.

Where is the Quiver?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

@ReinoudM, don’t worry, i am all for quivers !

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA