Why can't i take my hard-earned PvE gear into sPvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

I loved GW1 TA & RA because of the coordination and tangible skill it took to fare well with against other teams, but a huge part of the game was getting nice gear to PvP with. I like to PvE as well, so i’d like to have the option to use my character’s normal armor and weapons in sPvP if i so choose. I don’t understand why they insist on segmenting the experience. I don’t want to play sPvP as a separate entity from the normal game if i don’t have to and i don’t like that you can wear your normal armor in WvW, where player identity doesn’t even matter, but you can’t in sPvP. As a Greatsword / Mace Shield Guardian, i really find that WvW is not fun at all. It’s just a zergfest in which i can’t really actively contribute. I think the skill system, combat system, and the lack of direct healer class should be looked at. I really think they could make this game a lot more enjoyable if they didn’t try so hard to mangle what made GW1 great. Sorry for rambling, that’s a topic for another post.

tl;dr

Why can’t i use my armor and weapons that i PvE’d so long and hard for in sPvP? There’s no other endgame for me to play with as there’s no point to farming or re-visiting areas. I don’t understand why i can’t use my regular gear in sPvP.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

You can’t use them because they don’t want anybody to have an unfair advantage in sPvP. A higher level character has access to more lv 80 equipment options than a lv 20. It’s one of the reasons I love this game’s sPvP. It’s not the usual mess of only half the fights ever being even remotely fair because here everyone has free access to the same equipment options.

I would be all for automatically having the PvP versions of the equipment skins you have in PvE though. No harm in that.

(edited by Greiger.7092)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Johnson.4867

Johnson.4867

yeah but they need to do that for lvl 1-79…let the people who actually took the time to get to 80 play in their own bracket ^^^

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daisai.5879

Daisai.5879

You can’t use them because they don’t want anybody to have an unfair advantage in sPvP.

So gearing up and spending effort on gear is a unfair advantage ?
Even though exotics have exactly the same stats as the gear in spvp and the only thing he would be doing is g—im—p..ing himself.

(edited by Daisai.5879)

in Suggestions

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

The main reason would be the gear sets for spvp are different than what you get in pve. I can build a much stronger character in pve because of the way gear and stats are.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

You bring your gear in to WvW, which is PvP.

It’s their way of controlling PvP so it’s about skill, not who has the best stats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nemo.1572

nemo.1572

I rellay would like to play sPvP with my PvE character I feel familiar with. But when i go to the Mists it feels like a completly different game. I wear a different armor, have different skills etc. I didn’t like that, so I left the Mists.

There should be an option to select from the PvP gear that is already there or your PvE gear. And the PvP gear should be designed like PvE gear – same stats and same distribution of stats. There should be no advantage to PvE gear in terms of stats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Both skills and gear have different values in PvP.

It feels like a different game because it mostly is. You are not supposed to win 100% of the time, only 50%, and how good you are makes the only difference, while in PvE gear counts way more.

The difference between fine and legendary gear can be needed 4 hits to defeat a certain monster and just a one or two.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Squirrelbane.2510

Squirrelbane.2510

The whole point of Spvp in gw2 is that it’s on an equal footing. It makes it about skill and not gear. This is exactly how pvp should be and Anet got it bang on by removing gear and stats from the equation.
This would utterly ruin spvp.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vivaldi.1427

Vivaldi.1427

It would be fine if in PVP we can use our own item, but with alighned stats. Just a visual. Or why the hell iv spent month for getting all that, if i could jump straght to pvp and already be as everybody else.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

Stop asking for PvE gear in sPvP – I don’t do it much so look pretty new too, but the point is if you’re great as sPvP (or at least played it enough) you get to look great in sPvP. Be quiet and accept that, complain about other things that need to be complained about (like how boring wvw is)