Why not a weekly instead of daily?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sapphire.6703

Sapphire.6703

How has this not happened already?

I would like to be able to spend a few hours in one day on the weekend completing all of the dailies from the week instead of having to log on EVERY DAY.

Why people wouldn’t want this, or even why this hasn’t already been implemented bewilders me. It gives flexibility to everyone. It allows everyone to complete the same amount of work found in current dailies, but at their OWN PACE.

Not only has this idea been running around through various channels for quite a while now, but it has also been implemented in other successful MMOs for a long while.

I can see a couple arguments with this:
-Should I be rewarded the same as someone who regularly dedicates time to log on 7 days a week?
-Should ArenaNet be compelled to keep dailies instead of weeklies to maintain player activity?

So where do most people stand on this?

in Suggestions

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

This is so obvious yet it’s actually quite helpful to a lot of people who don’t want to feel pressured to log in each day (or for people who can’t). Now that dailies don’t feel optional any more (laurels are just too valuable to ignore them) it’s going to suck to miss out on them for whatever reason. A weekly would allow people to work at their own pace and earn their laurels without worrying about losing out because they couldn’t make it every day.

I think ArenaNet might be concerned about people not logging in every day. I think they want the game to have people logging in and doing stuff every day, not just flying trough it in the first place. That’s why they are calendar gating content now, without unnecessary restrictions players complete content and earn rewards faster than ArenaNet can create stuff. To solve that perceived problem, ArenaNet locked content behind dailies and RNG to ensure to was no reliable method of obtaining rewards outside of the calendar gating method.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

The reason they most likely will keep dailies is quite simple really, it’s no more than a marketing scheme thing. When the game gives you some sort of reward for playing EVERY single day, it’ll reinforce players to actually play every single day, that way the game has more traffic and more people keep coming back again and again to acquire that reward the game gives you every day.

This happens in many games in many ways, like some games giving you one hour of double XP bonus every day, etc. It keeps people coming back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aldracity.9463

Aldracity.9463

The reason they most likely will keep dailies is quite simple really, it’s no more than a marketing scheme thing. When the game gives you some sort of reward for playing EVERY single day, it’ll reinforce players to actually play every single day, that way the game has more traffic and more people keep coming back again and again to acquire that reward the game gives you every day.

This happens in many games in many ways, like some games giving you one hour of double XP bonus every day, etc. It keeps people coming back.

Big difference though: GW2’s pricing scheme doesn’t necessarily create profit from constant play due to the lack of a monthly fee. If anything, there is some incentive to NOT make people play every single day in order to save on hardware capacity costs.

Having said that though, this is supposed to be an MMO, and MMOs die a slow and painful death if people aren’t playing them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

In weekly, we could do 7 tiers of rewards.

You get a chest and reward for every tier. Players can schedule their time to finish their weekly. If a player has only time on Friday, he can just play all day at Friday to receive all the rewards.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: FKwrong.9104

FKwrong.9104

“instead of having to log on EVERY DAY.”

it’s a completely voluntary activity, SURPRISE,SURPRISE!You don’t have to log on daily and do anything.

in Suggestions

runeblade.7514

it’s a completely voluntary activity, SURPRISE,SURPRISE!You don’t have to log on daily and do anything.

If I want to get ascended amulets, then I actually have to.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Maybe add a weekly, but not replace daily with it. Daily’s are easy and take no time, something someone with a tight schedule can do. Monthlies arn’t too bad either but still very time consuming.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

FKwrong.9104

it makes you “want to”, not “have to” again, don’t do it daily, do it at your own pace.
Why don’t you complain about legendaries the same way. “QQ Why cant i just log on after 5 months and have one, instead -I HAVE TO- farm daily and spend time online to get one” – you don’t have to, again. it’s completely optional.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

Idea! Why not also a biweekly as well? Then, we can have a daily, weekly, biweekly, and monthly for those of us that can’t do the weekly. Come to think of it, quarterly achievements could be useful as well. Why not just throw in yearly too?

You get my point? Daily and monthly are enough. I don’t do the daily every day, just when I have enough time.

in Suggestions

FKwrong.9104

and tri-weekly and bi-monthly please too, lmao

in Suggestions

runeblade.7514

it makes you “want to”, not “have to” again, don’t do it daily, do it at your own pace.
Why don’t you complain about legendaries the same way. “QQ Why cant i just log on after 5 months and have one, instead -I HAVE TO- farm daily and spend time online to get one” – you don’t have to, again. it’s completely optional.

Legendaries are cosmetics, Ascended Gear are not. They’re stats, gear boosters and power.

in Suggestions

FKwrong.9104

again. do it at your own pace. Why are you expecting to get them as fast as people who play every day, if you don’t want to play every day? make some sense please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Callynn.1684

Callynn.1684

For starters:

Allow us to finish the daily we did not finish yesterday – today.

That would be a big improvement already and give us 48 hours instead of 24… I totally agree that these force-to-login mechanics are WoWesque that are based on a subscriber model. They shouldn’t be in the game in the way they are now.

Force is violence, the supreme authority from which all other authorities derive.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Statictary.5206

Statictary.5206

How about yearly, decadely, centuryly, lifely…

But seriously a weekly I’d like to see.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

i am against cancelling daily challenges. However it would be nice to see weeklys as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I only agree if the award of a weekly equals the reward of 7 dailies.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Todd.8162

Todd.8162

I would like to be able to spend a few hours in one day on the weekend completing all of the dailies from the week instead of having to log on EVERY DAY.

Agree.

I suggest that Daily Achievements be reduced in burden to be simple rewards that can be earned in a short amount of play.

A new Weekly Achievement needs to be created that is a little larger than the current Daily Achievement.

This would make the game more realistic to how most people want to play the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Big difference though: GW2’s pricing scheme doesn’t necessarily create profit from constant play due to the lack of a monthly fee. If anything, there is some incentive to NOT make people play every single day in order to save on hardware capacity costs.

Having said that though, this is supposed to be an MMO, and MMOs die a slow and painful death if people aren’t playing them.

Bandwidth costs are really small, NCsoft puts Bandwidth costs as a footnote in their investor reports. There really is an incentive for Anet/NCsoft to entice people to play every day because of the very reason you said in the last sentence.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sapphire.6703

Sapphire.6703

This does make sense. However, an actual “Daily” mechanism put in place by ArenaNet shouldn’t be needed nor enforced. GuildWars2 is a great game by itself and the “reward” of playing such a great game should bring back players daily.

Having the actual daily in-game itself is a bit constricting on players.

A weekly would be far less constricting.

(edited by Sapphire.6703)

in Suggestions

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Everyone’s making jokes but I would actually love a weekly achievement on top of the dailies and monthlies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

Wrong, the more people that play every day increases the likelihood that more people will visit the Black Lion Gem Store, which means they might see stuff they like and spend some cash to get gems and get whatever they want. The fewer people that play every day directly decreases these chances of them actually generating profit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Not instead imo but in addition to. We definitely NEED a weekly especially when if retro isn’t patched in february or ever, then we’re looking at 16 months of dailies to get what we need to completely gear in ascended gear. Seriously that’s cray cray in the hay hay.

I would love a weekly that doesn’t include a dodge X opponents attacks, combo kill X enemies, run X dungeons, kill X number of enemies in pvp. You know stuff that’s open world pve focused like we expected the dailies to be so we can get people out of LA and back into the rest of the world.

Of course it being a weekly they’d have somewhere inbetween the monthly and daily numeric requirements.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Plus if a game is active in all areas of the world then it encourages players to keep playing. Nothing is more boring than an empty game.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I wouldnt mind a weekly achievement on top of the 2 as well. Heck add the Nicholas the traveler daily also please.