Why not both!? Hardcore PvE solution = Instances!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zinnabun.3560

Zinnabun.3560

This suggestion is only for people that love raiding, love hardcore PvE, and that an MMO is always about PvE, not about PvP.

My suggestions will not effect the game for those that like the game already. You guys will get what you want and we will get what we want. Everyone will be happy, please don’t comment with immature things (i.e “GO BACK TO WOW!!”). The entire game might be “endgame” for you guys, but it is not for us. Respect our suggestion to Arena Net and we will respect yours.

Please, if you see someone post something stupid as I mentioned above, do not reply. We will ignore their immaturity. If you don’t have anything constructive to say and like the ideas people are suggesting just give us a bump with a simple “+1, I want to see this in the game!” or whatever Let’s try to keep this alive for A.net to see it and if you have suggestions to add, write them here
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Solutions!
World bosses –
We can keep world bosses as they are right now for the people that like this as “endgame”.
The solutions is, to me, very simple! I know you guys will love it.

INSTANCES! This is our solution!

We have all done the starting instance, right? Of course we have. They can do this for all the world bosses without having to design any new content, just slightly modify the current stuff. I will be using Shadow Behemoth as an example.

Queensdale – Behemoth Revenge!
Well, you are there with 10-25 of your friends. You can’t wait for a world boss to pop, because lets be honest, some of us still have stuff to do and need to plan events ahead of time. Well, we set up a raid night to tackle the event Saturday night. We all head to Queensdale to meet a seraph officer. He tells us that something bad is going on in the swamps and that a bunch of portals are poping up! At this point the raid leader gets an a few options as they would show for the party leader in dungeons. They say this.

1. Behemoth Revenge – 10 man normal
2. Behemoth Revenge – 10 man heroic
3. Behemoth Revenge – 25 man normal
4. Behemoth Revenge – 25 man heroic

(edited by Zinnabun.3560)

in Suggestions

Zinnabun.3560

As you are inside the instance you see villagers running away! (I don’t remember the name of the town in the southern in of Queensdale where the militia is, sorry) The event to save the town starts the moment the guild leader talks to and NPC outside of the town, they leave and you go in the town with your friends to save the day. There is a time limit to save the villagers, the more villagers that die the less karma, or certain gem for that raid, you get. Once the time limit is up, a giant portal pops in the middle of the place as it would in the meta-events, but instead it’s a boss, who actually requires strategy to tackle! (how the battle is fought is completely up to A.net) Once the mini-boss is taken down, there is a group of seraphs that were running away from a battle in the swamps asking you, the brave people that have just taken down this mini-boss, to come to their aid! and you do, because Logan Thackery is busy getting killed…( Seriously, has anyone been to the manor? He is freaking worthless…Sorry, back to my idea.) There can be another boss fight between the village and the swamp, I don’t know. Once you get to the swamp you have to talk to an NPC that is dying telling you that there is a beast in the swamp, you go with your buddies to find out what it is. Cinematic starts! the monster that you had slain with a group of other adventurers is still alive! The epic battle begins!

The raid leader tells you to start using your blinding skill on him right away! The more the blind stacks up the less minions and the smaller the AoE he can make, making it more effective to dodge the first few attacks! He then starts preparing to shoot toxic stuff out of his mouth! Everyone has to rush to the guardians and get inside their huge protective bubbles! anyone who doesn’t make inside must use their condition removing skills or rush to someone who can cure it or risk dying and infecting another person. Once behemoth is defeated, we get the chest! Everyone gets loot, not just the stupid raid leaders and their friends!

Seriously, they can do this for almost any area!!!! The rewards can be a unique armor set for that raid, an achivement, or currency to be able to eventually buy the pieces if what you want never drops!

I want Anet to see this! Let’s freaking make it happen. I know it will take a while to implement this, but it can be done and we know if anyone can do it, it is Arenanet.

We all win with this, everyone keeps casual play and we get our raids!

Please, if you love the idea, leave a comment saying it. Let’s freaking make this happen!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hermod.2643

Hermod.2643

I agree that I’d like to see larger dungeons (more than 5 people) as it would make guilds seem more viable and useful. Bosses would have to be engaging though- no tank and spank, as it would be too easy. (someone dies? one of the 24 people can rez him while the rest keep killing the boss)

Right now the issue I have with open world bosses are that they don’t seem to scale properly with the groups- a big group can have no issue destroying these guys. Not only that, but if someone dies, a spawnpoint is usually right around the corner, allowing him to rejoin the fight. I’d like to see barriers go up after a boss is engaged, preventing more people to hop in, so wipes are actually possible. This also applies to dungeons (I’m looking at you, King Adelbern from Ascalonian Catacombs). Dying doesn’t seem as vital when the consequences are just a slightly bigger repair bill. Having to restart (or in the case of open world bosses, failing the event) is a lot more severe.

in Suggestions

Posted by: OmegaNine.9148

OmegaNine.9148

There can not be 10-20 man raids in this game. If you think there can, your not playing someone walking around in cloth. I am constantly getting one shot by random ranged attacks in dungeons. I will dodge one or two, then have nothing to stop the barge that comes after that, and that’s just from 4 mobs. Most of the “random aggro” normal shots (ie there is not telegraphing of incoming damage) take me down to half health and I am fully speced for vitality.

The only way you would be able to do a “raid” would be to have an instance where there is nothing but a boss. either or ten mobs randomly targeting people would just smash anyone not wearing plate. I am personally rerolling just because of random the game is arleady, the elementalist was fun, but its not fun to randomly die with nothing you can do about it. Some times your a god (When your only targeted by 1 or 2 at a time) and some times you can’t help but just die and hope someone gets you up (When you have 3 or 4 shots aimed at you in a row). No one will want to raid with that much randomness in the game.

in Suggestions

Zinnabun.3560

I agree that I’d like to see larger dungeons (more than 5 people) as it would make guilds seem more viable and useful. Bosses would have to be engaging though- no tank and spank, as it would be too easy. (someone dies? one of the 24 people can rez him while the rest keep killing the boss)

Right now the issue I have with open world bosses are that they don’t seem to scale properly with the groups- a big group can have no issue destroying these guys. Not only that, but if someone dies, a spawnpoint is usually right around the corner, allowing him to rejoin the fight. I’d like to see barriers go up after a boss is engaged, preventing more people to hop in, so wipes are actually possible. This also applies to dungeons (I’m looking at you, King Adelbern from Ascalonian Catacombs). Dying doesn’t seem as vital when the consequences are just a slightly bigger repair bill. Having to restart (or in the case of open world bosses, failing the event) is a lot more severe.

Completely agree. The danger in the world bosses is just not there, that is why we need this, if people are happy how it is right now, that is fine, but give us something more. I really want my guild to battle these huge monsters, but right now it doesn’t seem like I need my guild for anything. I can pug most the dungeons… I don’t do pvp or WvW so I won’t comment on that.

in Suggestions

Zinnabun.3560

There can not be 10-20 man raids in this game. If you think there can, your not playing someone walking around in cloth. I am constantly getting one shot by random ranged attacks in dungeons. I will dodge one or two, then have nothing to stop the barge that comes after that, and that’s just from 4 mobs. Most of the “random aggro” normal shots (ie there is not telegraphing of incoming damage) take me down to half health and I am fully speced for vitality.

The only way you would be able to do a “raid” would be to have an instance where there is nothing but a boss. either or ten mobs randomly targeting people would just smash anyone not wearing plate. I am personally rerolling just because of random the game is arleady, the elementalist was fun, but its not fun to randomly die with nothing you can do about it. Some times your a god (When your only targeted by 1 or 2 at a time) and some times you can’t help but just die and hope someone gets you up (When you have 3 or 4 shots aimed at you in a row). No one will want to raid with that much randomness in the game.

I am pretty sure you are commenting on the trash mobs in the dungeons. We just don’t know enough. You really can’t make an argument over something we don’t quite understand if it was intentionally design to kill us that quickly.

The range mobs in the first two dungeons seem to be really hard to kill, but the bosses are not. It is a lot easier killing the bosses in a single try, but for some reason the trash takes way more. Is it by design? Are the algorithms for foes screwed up? Even guardians will get killed really quick, not just people in who wear cloth. We just don’t know enough. There is also several bugs in the dungeons. One of them is I am reviving someone and I get hit, there is a chance that I won’t be able to move, it has happen quite a few times. We do not know enough. All we know is that the thrash mobs are hard and bosses are easy, this is a fact.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

GW won’t work with raids. At least 10+ men raids will be impossible to coordinate due to the nature of the combat system. In WoW raids were closer to the RTS genre than RPG, you were mostly static and only moved for certain “events” during the battle. In GW2 you’re constantly moving, it would be too chaotic to allow for anything other than a Tank & Spank fight. If you want a PvE endgame like WoW’s it needs to be something similar to WvW where you have several objectives so you could spread around your 20 man group.

With that said, there is no end-game in GW2. When you reach lvl 80 you are free to do whatever you want, be it instances, pvp or WvW. You are not required to do any of these for gear, you only need to do what you enjoy. This is what the devs have in mind, so I doubt they will change it.

in Suggestions

Zinnabun.3560

GW won’t work with raids. At least 10+ men raids will be impossible to coordinate due to the nature of the combat system. In WoW raids were closer to the RTS genre than RPG, you were mostly static and only moved for certain “events” during the battle. In GW2 you’re constantly moving, it would be too chaotic to allow for anything other than a Tank & Spank fight. If you want a PvE endgame like WoW’s it needs to be something similar to WvW where you have several objectives so you could spread around your 20 man group.

With that said, there is no end-game in GW2. When you reach lvl 80 you are free to do whatever you want, be it instances, pvp or WvW. You are not required to do any of these for gear, you only need to do what you enjoy. This is what the devs have in mind, so I doubt they will change it.

mostly static? I remember having to move a lot in WoW. Move away from the AoE, move behind a pillar to avoid getting killed, moving closer the healer to get chain heals, there is a lot of movement in WoW…

This game can be coordinated. The only difference between this game and WoW, is that I can actually dodge the attacks. Everything else is still there. The combat is more fun, but it is all there.

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

Yeah, but you only had AoE’s now and then and when you really had to move a lot on certain phases it was designed for you not to DPS that much. In GW2 you’re moving ALL the time. There’s no “stay still and DPS” or “stay still and heal”, it’s move move move.

Raids just wouldn’t work unless the tactics are based on spreading around the group.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

Instances would be a nice idea, but I’d prefer if they simple work on the boss mechanics & giving players more skill customization options – if the combat is fun, then it won’t really matter what the boss looks like or how many people are fighting it.

Whether an instance exists or not, imagine if for example the Shadow Behemoth actually moves through the forest and destructs the trees and people in its path (not to the point that people instantly dies, but a lot of damage so that people automatically knows you can’t let it ‘step’ on you). Or imagine that the Shadow Behemoth throws NPC’s at players. I think the feeling of there being a lack of hardcore PVE bosses (@ TC) is really because the bosses you fight either kill you in one shot, or it’s so easy that you can simply sit there the whole fight and spam skills and you won’t die, due to major mechanics balancing issues.Again the major issue goes back to this fact that a lot of bosses & mobs posses majorly unbalanced mechanics as well as boring mechanics.

(edited by FluffyDoe.7539)

in Suggestions

Zinnabun.3560

Yeah, but you only had AoE’s now and then and when you really had to move a lot on certain phases it was designed for you not to DPS that much. In GW2 you’re moving ALL the time. There’s no “stay still and DPS” or “stay still and heal”, it’s move move move.

Raids just wouldn’t work unless the tactics are based on spreading around the group.

You aren’t moving all the time Gw2. If you are the one getting attacked, then yes, but it doesn’t last long. A lot of the bosses you will attack for a while, they will do a few moves, dodge, back to nothing but DPS, and then move away from AoE, back to DPS. This game can have raids, if you don’t want them, don’t do them, they aren’t for everyone. WoW raids weren’t for everyone. The whole point of this is for the hardcore raiders to do this, we are not getting anything else that other people aren’t getting, maybe achievement and some rewards, just like spvp and WvW get their own stuff. This can be and coexist with the casual gameplay.

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

So you want Raids that are basically tank and spank?

With a large number of people kitting a boss becomes easy as kitten. Ever done any group event? They don’t get anywhere. The stability stacks drop down like crazy and even if they didn’t he’s slowed all the time. And if you make it immune to crowd control do you know what happens? No one can kill it, as there are no tanks in this game, no one can tank a boss, at most you’ll survive 4 hits.

The combat mechanics do not allow for big raids. The system was designed with only having 5 person instances.

in Suggestions

Zinnabun.3560

Instances would be a nice idea, but I’d prefer if they simple work on the boss mechanics & giving players more skill customization options – if the combat is fun, then it won’t really matter what the boss looks like or how many people are fighting it.

Whether an instance exists or not, imagine if for example the Shadow Behemoth actually moves through the forest and destructs the trees and people in its path (not to the point that people instantly dies, but a lot of damage so that people automatically knows you can’t let it ‘step’ on you). Or imagine that the Shadow Behemoth throws NPC’s at players. I think the feeling of there being a lack of hardcore PVE bosses (@ TC) is really because the bosses you fight either kill you in one shot, or it’s so easy that you can simply sit there the whole fight and spam skills and you won’t die, due to major mechanics balancing issues.

Yes. It is really terrible. That is all I do in these event, I don’t have to be careful, because even if I go down, there is 40 people there to revive me. I want the raid to completely get rid of this. We should all be worried if we are about to die… The danger is not there… I will probably stop playing the game for a while. Everyone keeps telling me to do sPvP and WvW… This is not something I do in any MMO, it is just not fun for me. I really thought the world bosses would be hard, that is why I was excited in the first place and the lack of raids didn’t bother me that much, but now, the fights are so boring…

in Suggestions

Zinnabun.3560

So you want Raids that are basically tank and spank?

With a large number of people kitting a boss becomes easy as kitten. Ever done any group event? They don’t get anywhere. The stability stacks drop down like crazy and even if they didn’t he’s slowed all the time. And if you make it immune to crowd control do you know what happens? No one can kill it, as there are no tanks in this game, no one can tank a boss, at most you’ll survive 4 hits.

The combat mechanics do not allow for big raids. The system was designed with only having 5 person instances.

I never said that. Where did you get this tank and spank idea from anything I said? Even my example for the raid there was no tank and spank…

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

So you want them to completely change the combat system just for you? Seems likely.

The information about how the end-game would be was available way before the pre-purchase. They stated several times GW2 would not be an MMO where they try to extend the content as much as possible so people keep playing. It’s not about grinding. Imagine they do what you’re asking and make a raid. You complete the raid once, since dungeons don’t drop better gear there would be no reason for you to do it again. So, what would be the point of a raid? None, other than requiring you to form a guild just to run a specific dungeon one time with no bonuses whatsoever.

Raids will not work. The game is designed so people aren’t forced to do raids. You get to 80 and you do whatever you want in the game, there is no grinding. It’s like a single player game: you bought the game and once you reach the end you can do whatever you want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

Some didn’t noticed this.. but all of us were allready in a raid (instanced zoned with more than 5 people): The very first mission. Did you noticed that? Is a shared instanced zone with all the people doing the starting mission.

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

in Suggestions

Zinnabun.3560

So you want them to completely change the combat system just for you? Seems likely.

The information about how the end-game would be was available way before the pre-purchase. They stated several times GW2 would not be an MMO where they try to extend the content as much as possible so people keep playing. It’s not about grinding. Imagine they do what you’re asking and make a raid. You complete the raid once, since dungeons don’t drop better gear there would be no reason for you to do it again. So, what would be the point of a raid? None, other than requiring you to form a guild just to run a specific dungeon one time with no bonuses whatsoever.

Raids will not work. The game is designed so people aren’t forced to do raids. You get to 80 and you do whatever you want in the game, there is no grinding. It’s like a single player game: you bought the game and once you reach the end you can do whatever you want.

Dude, what are you talking about? When did I say change the combat mechanics?

The game doesn’t have to change anything. When they mentioned world bosses they never said anything about it being a boring walk in the park… it is. I never said their shouldn’t be any bonuses, their can be skins, badges to trade for armor, just like the dungeons. I am not wanting anything that is not already in the game in some form. why does anyone do the explorable dungeons? For gear, not for good or great gear, just the skin. This could be the same for raids. I am not asking for something impossible, this is easiest thing that could be implemented from all the other stuff people want. Nothing has to change.

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

Actually, most people do the dungeons because it’s the best way to get gold.
Also, how do you suggest the boss fights to be then? Currently the mechanics certainly do not allow them. There’s no tank and a large group can permanently kite any mob with no problem whatsoever.

in Suggestions

Zinnabun.3560

Actually, most people do the dungeons because it’s the best way to get gold.
Also, how do you suggest the boss fights to be then? Currently the mechanics certainly do not allow them. There’s no tank and a large group can permanently kite any mob with no problem whatsoever.

ok, so raids can’t be about farming some gold? You can get certain gear from a dungeon, so you can get certain gear from doing a certain raid… You can get rares from dungeons, well can’t you do that for raids? See what I am doing here.

I described how the boss fight should be when I described my idea. Did you not read it? Did I say that we need tanks? Did I say we need healers? No, I gave the idea that we should have a decision of what to do, either use a guardian to cover ourselves or use our abilities to cure the condition that comes if we don’t get cover… I am not changing anything, this is in the game, you just make the choice as to how to deal with the situation. Let’s say someone was fighting off one of the minions summoned by behemoth and he needed to use his condition removing skill, he would then need to rely on a friend to help him, I am engineer, I can set stuff down for people to cure the condition, my fiancees elementalist can do AoE that do this also. See where you have to rely on other people? This is just an example.

in Suggestions

Zinnabun.3560

Sorry, I think I might have seemed rude towards Canoas. It was not my intention, sorry. I was just trying to explain myself.

I am off then, since no one is saying anything :P

Feel free to discuss this, I do hope to see this eventually in the game, this is not suppose to replace anything for anyone. I really want people to understand that. This is just adding a bit more for some of us. It doesn’t have to happen, I would love to see it though. I love Guild Wars 2, but some of us need that challenge. We will just move back to whatever other MMO we came from eventually, we really didn’t lose much anyways.

in Suggestions

Posted by: iniside.4736

iniside.4736

Please no more instances. Even 5-man dungeons are way to much.

in Suggestions

Zinnabun.3560

Please no more instances. Even 5-man dungeons are way to much.

These instances are not for you. They are not for casuals, they are not for everyone to run in and do them without proper preparations. The instances are find. Wouldn’t you love to know that the instances are there but you don’t have to use them!? You can just stick with the world bosses! Don’t you love having the choice of how you want to play the game?

Seriously, unless there is any plan to make it so that the world bosses spawn at a certain time, there is no freaking way to ever play with your friends to tackle these bosses. See how this game only caters to casuals?

Your game is there, don’t worry about it… What we want, is for the game to cater to us… It will not have any effect on the way the casuals play.

This can be explained with the dungeons. Is explorable there? Yes. Do you have to do it? No. But if you wanted to, can you do it whenever you want? YES!

This is what we want. We want to be able to tackle the world bosses when we want and make it challenging. This, in no freaking way at all, will ever have any effect on your gameplay.

We want the choice, but the choice is not there right now. It can be….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

In GW1, everything was instanced but we did have a few things for bigger groups and those I would like to see in GW2. I really think if they put in something similar to Fissure of Woe and Underworld (etc) that players could do at level 80, we’d see a lot less complaining about nothing to do.