Why the game changes when you hit 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: cobrahorse.4329

cobrahorse.4329

So the main goal of Arenaet was the you should be able to do whatever you like and get rewarded for that.

I loved that and i had a blast leveling up to 80, doing whatever I wanted exploring, doing events, crafting and so on….

But when the game hits 80 your main motivational mechanic disappears and that is the XP.

Now you are forced to do certain different things if you want to progress.

Why not keep the xp mechanic and make it like a currency at 80 or implement it some other way?

I think this is a good solution that will make people do what they really enjoy in the game and would defiantly bring me back playing GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: DjC.7039

DjC.7039

Technically the Skill Points you get for continual levelling after 80 is currency, but only for the Mystic Forge. I don’t know about everyone else, but I don’t use it that often, atm at least.

Possible making it a small monetary reward instead & removing the whole Skill Points as currency for Mystic Forge idea, might allow people more flexibilty into what they do as they will have more gold to spend…

Just an idea.

Guild Organiser – Reunited Ronins [RR]
Guild Forum / Facebook Group Page
Lvl 80 Guardian(x2), Ranger, Warrior, Elementalist, Engineer, Necromancer, Mesmer, Thief.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WOOLA.2509

WOOLA.2509

I think the Trait points should also be more than what they are now. 60 is to low of number thats only 2 full traits out of 5. should be able to at least get to 20 on all 5 trait lines. At least if nothing else make it start at level 1 thru 80.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

you get 70 traits, not 60, and its more than enough, any more and there wouldn’t really be any choice involved in trait builds

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nomar Ramon.3107

Nomar Ramon.3107

Trade xp for Karma or other things or many things?

But what changed for me was that the game became repetitive and there was no longer a sense of anxiousness about entering a new area, cause I’d already done it, basic maps, fractals, wvw, dynamic events, map completion, dungeons, etc.

Exploring new areas when they open new map conten helps. It gives you back the sense of the new, but you explore once and now it’s the same again. Creatures are always in the same place, they are always the same size, they do the same thing they did the first time. I would like to have at least one good sized map that is random, so that I won’t know what I’ll find there. It would feel new every time I entered.

Maybe they can’t do it because of technical reasons, but someone will do it soon, I hope it’s done in GW2. I started a thread Realm of Chaos, but only a few seem interested. I think they are missing why the game seems to change so much. For me it is the loss of seeing anything new. How many times will you beat up on the Giant Wasp, Jormag, or any of the repeating events before you get bored. It becomes extremely repetitive.

I like using skills, facing down creatires and exploring the new. I dont care about having the biggest stick, its what I can do with it that is the most fun. One random map area could help that tremendously, one area where everything is new every time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

skillpoints are enough. Once you reach 80 most people kit out their character to look just how they like and skillpoints are needed for weapon skins and such. Maybe that needs to be explained somewhere for the newer players and there probably should be a few more rewards you can buy with skillpoints.