Winged skins should have 2 phases

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel ryuzaki.1402

Mel ryuzaki.1402

I like this winged skins, but seeing it flap 10000000x in a minute gets annoying really soon.
Like Ghastly Grinning Shield who sleeps when you’re not in combat, wings should stop flap and collect near your back. A simple touch would give the winged skins such a diference and more enjoyable ofc!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I dunno, I think some people might not like their wings becoming small and unnoticeable when not in combat.

I think the better change that would be a less drastic change than how they act currently would be to just slow them down a bit. Either just slow down the animation as a whole, or add some sort of delay between flaps.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

In Another game there were a winged class called Dragon Diciple. Their wings followed what the player were doing. That could be done here too. But it would probably take lodas of programming – that is perhaps far better used for bug-fixing and the like at first hand!!

It could be like this for example in GW2…
Running – folded backwards.
Jumping – spread out as to support the jump.
Standing still, slowly moving a little as the rest of the character does.

Fight – move in a sutiable ways depending on what movements are used (would probably take some massive programming for each Class and even for some races)

Kima & Co

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel ryuzaki.1402

Mel ryuzaki.1402

So many good ideas and we still have to see them flap 10000x times :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

No kidding, I am SO tired of how the wings Flap. I had to disable the graphic on my back pieces.

I think they need to fold out of combat, at the very least.

the Organic flow idea is really nice though. Having the wings mirror what the player is doing, yes a large under taking and I do not see Anet/NCSoft putting in any $ into the R&D on that at all.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Why no make both? Pick up a wind thats animated out of combat, or the one witch won’t annoy you.
More professional if its just a toggeable option stick.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

at first I thought it was kind of an eye sore, but I kinda got used to it.

I would definitely welcome a reduction in the speed of which they move though.

I don’t think creating another animation for them is needed, but reducing the speed of the wing movement wouldn’t be a bad thing at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

In Another game there were a winged class called Dragon Diciple. Their wings followed what the player were doing. That could be done here too. But it would probably take lodas of programming – that is perhaps far better used for bug-fixing and the like at first hand!!

It could be like this for example in GW2…
Running – folded backwards.
Jumping – spread out as to support the jump.
Standing still, slowly moving a little as the rest of the character does.

Fight – move in a sutiable ways depending on what movements are used (would probably take some massive programming for each Class and even for some races)

This would be awesome! Except for the fighting thing I think this wouldn’t take that much work for the animators.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I’d prefer to see them folded while standing idle/afk, then flapping while in combat or actually running/moving about. I think it’d look/sync better with the actual activity of the characters plus give a sense of realism.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

An option: Turn on/off animation/particles on equitable items.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I have the shattered holographic wings on my warrior and the Jade shield. So I am lucky, because it hides the wings when not in combat, and as soon as I draw my weapons the wings flap out. It looks so cool

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

I agree, they feel a little repetitive after a while. Some different animations such as resting wings, even if it was only for 20-30 seconds at a time at random, would be a welcome addition.

Blackgate

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

I would like a hide out of combat/weapon sheathed option to all the items that we can hide/show.

Multi stage items would be cool to. We have the Whispers weapons that some fold up when sheathed. Would be cool to see other things do this too. The sclerite back piece withdrawing the tentacles when the wasps are sheathed for example

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter