Wolves

Wolves

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dysaniac.9734

Dysaniac.9734

Wolves are able to howl for new wolves to spawn and help, however this can continue infinitely from my experience. I just died to a group of wolves because they kept howling continuously and new ones would spawn right in front of my screen. They should limit the number of times they can do this.

Wolves

in Suggestions

Posted by: PFoster.3648

PFoster.3648

I had the same problem – there is no such thing as a “lone wolf” in the game and, if you can’t kill ‘em quite fast enough you’re soon ankle-deep in wolf. And every one of ’em wants to eat my face!!
Please, tone it down a little

Wolves

in Suggestions

Posted by: solanu.3784

solanu.3784

Pro tip: Run.

Wolves hunt in packs anyway.

Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80 – Thief 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 33

Wolves

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

Might I suggest finding a way to disrupt their summoning?

Wolves

in Suggestions

Posted by: PFoster.3648

PFoster.3648

Might I suggest finding a way to disrupt their summoning?

Yeah that’s all well and good but... their howl frequency is faster than the cooldown rate of my disrupt! And when you’ve got two wolves you’ve got a stupid amount of wolves in a very short space of time. And then.... face-eating commences

Wolves

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yata.8932

Yata.8932

Really? from my experience they summon one wolf that doesn’t howl, othe rwolves are usually nearby as well so it could be an aggro thing, or some do summon infinite wolf loops.

Wolves

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I have definitely seen this too.

What I notice is they usually howl for more wolves when they are low on health ~maybe like 15% hp or so. My solution was to make sure I save a good finisher to quickly kill them before they howl at that point.

Hope that helps.

PS: I was able to solo a pack of 5 wolves + 1 veteran wolf with this strategy

Wolves

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

I’ve never had this issue, and, as Yata’s pointed out, I can’t recall the summoned wolf having the ability to call other wolves. I know not all classes are created equally, but killing a wolf after disrupting its initial summon shouldn’t be an issue, unless you’re severely under-leveled/geared.

Wolves

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nethelli.4023

Nethelli.4023

Are we talking about normal every day common-as-dirt wolves out in the open world? If so, I think you need to take a hard look at your equipment/traits and see where you’re losing so much damage. In most cases, all you need to do is land an interrupt on the first howl and the thing will be dead before it gets another opportunity. Sometimes you can kill it before it even attempts its howl.

Guildmaster of Nerd Herd [NERD] (Tarnished Coast)
Nethalia Frostmane [Ranger], Lyzanxia Unsu [Engineer]
Torg Darkmaw [Thief], Zekka The Architect [Elementalist]

Wolves

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tekietee.5037

Tekietee.5037

I’ve seen other animals summon more, but they remove the Summon More under their name on the summoned one… Weird how wolves dont do that :o