WvW Commander Suggestion

WvW Commander Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

When in WvW, when a commander speaks in chat it should show the icon next to their name in chat.
Exampled
(Commander Icon) Name : Something something something.

Edit:
Also to have different color commander tags making it easy to differentiate between commanders.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

(edited by Mighty Assasin.3816)

WvW Commander Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

It’d be an added perk to actually spending the 100g. Good idea.

WvW Commander Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Great idea! Even easier would be to allow them to color code there name in map chat. This way multiple commanders can differentiate themselves between each other too.

The ultimate problem is, commanders are on the battle field and do not have the time to type. That’s why most use team speak.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

WvW Commander Suggestion

in Suggestions

Mighty Assasin.3816

That’s a good addition,
or
Having each commander with a different color icon in addition to my previous suggestion.
(Red Commander Icon) Name: ihgfjsdfweyigdhkjwd
(Blue Commander Icon) Name : ieiwhjdksfbewy
edit: I’m a commander and the commanders I work with use TS and type.
Mainly because most people aren’t using the teamspeak in a zerg.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

WvW Commander Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

-.- are you the enemy??? <sniff, sniff> I smell zerg…..

All good ideas and I’d welcome them. Especially when I’m still new to TS and get confused who’s voice is who’s

<commander> “on my pin, on my pin, on my pin!”
<me> well….. who the hell ARE you?

:) lmao
[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

WvW Commander Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

I love this idea. It would make people pay attention. However, it should also be a different color (orange) too?

WvW Commander Suggestion

in Suggestions

Mighty Assasin.3816

Exactly, this would make it easy to give commands and have people notice them and be more incline to listen.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

WvW Commander Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: TamarinNOR.3251

TamarinNOR.3251

Having their own color in the chat would be more sufficient due to space, or just C in front of them.

Different colors, the option to turn everyone but one badge off, or the option to decide which one that are allowed to see the badge would also be nice. It is confusing when you are in an area where there are the gamers running around with the commander badge.

It seems like many guilds also use this method as a waypoint to others guild members or allied guilds so everyone knows where to go. So far it seems like the only option, but it is far from a viable solution. It seems to be many that dislikes the ‘only five persons in a party’ limit with no way to expand this. I tried to start a discussion about it here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/WvW-Organizing-parties/first#post857327
new to this forums, and categories in the forums seems to be very general, and there are many new threads that pops up constantly and therefor dissapear fast, so it might have been discussed several times before.

It also seems like there are more and more guilds that are getting these badges, and if there aren’t good organizing in the borderlands, it might end up with them being spammed with these badges. Their use should be expanded and there should be a limit cap for how many commanders that are allowed in each borderland.

WvW Commander Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zemi.4137

Zemi.4137

I think that colorizing commanders text in map chat could be a good improvement to WvW and would never do anything bad for the game. Just implement the idea