WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: ozaythefirst.1806

ozaythefirst.1806

Dear Arenanet,
Lately we have been “ganked” alot in the jumping puzzle (witch is a lot of fun if you do it yourself I do not deny that) but shoud the people down in the arena bit not have more chanse of getting up there to pick of the chest reward? I was thinking about sending mobs to the top for aid or putting another stealth pool up there ? I am sure other people have better sugestion tho or maybe they think its fine the way it is pleas let me know.

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I can only imagine that children would spend that much time camping a spot just to hold a non PvP area.
I think alternately that if a individual should be able to turn in badges or something to let them get their own instance of the JP in WvW…

I am not a person who thinks PvP is fun, but could concede to doing it enough to gain a set amount of badges, if I could just do the JP’s without having to PvP in them.

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

You get blueprints out of that chest. Blueprints help you and hurt your enemy. Hence, it’s a valid tactic to deny you that chest.

You should actually be organizing attacks and defenses of the jumping puzzles. They’re a very valuable resource to anyone that can get through. This is especially true in EB as you can get high level blueprints out of that one with a bit of luck.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: paragon.6543

paragon.6543

Don’t change the EB jump puzzle. It’s fine as is. I agree with Xavori.

And if you’re being ganked so much, just organize a group to go inside that jump puzzle. Seriously, it’s placed in a pvp area, it should be difficult to get. There’s some sort of difficulty with all the puzzles, and in EB, the unique difficulty is dealing with enemy players. It’s a different challenge than in the other puzzles.

Leave EB JP alone.

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

ozaythefirst.1806

Ya I can see it as an tactic to stop the enemy from getting blueprints butn that part of the puzzle seems a bit unfair if there are 30 at the top and only a few a the botton, yes there are tactics and ways to do it but cant we make it a more interesting fight then simply getting steamrolled by the zerg

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarque Sinister.9032

Tarque Sinister.9032

Agreed, It’s fine. The only suggestion I have is to not allow people to camp the entrance. It makes it too easy to gank people at that point. My suggestion is have legendary defenders at each point as it is in basic WvW.

Server: Anvil Rock
Main Character: Lugg Knut (Charr/Engineer)
Guild: Bed Intruders [HIDE]

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Personally I feel that the jp is fine with pvp going on there. You can easily go to a stealth fountain and make it to the next one.

On the other hand, I wish it would be on a separate map or hold some significance to the point total. It’s annoying that we lose character spots on the map to those who stay in the jumping puzzle.

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

You get blueprints out of that chest. Blueprints help you and hurt your enemy. Hence, it’s a valid tactic to deny you that chest.

You should actually be organizing attacks and defenses of the jumping puzzles. They’re a very valuable resource to anyone that can get through. This is especially true in EB as you can get high level blueprints out of that one with a bit of luck.

Ok I have a solution to that, If i can use badges to buy a non PvP instance, then I will not get PvP rewards from the chest.

I am not being ganked at the beginning….what is happening is, one group is set up on top of the dome with about 5 or 6 arrow carts and when you come into the room inside the dome, stealth or not, you can not do the jumps cause you will always be in combat…we organized a fight and cleared the bottom of the dome of the veteran’s and fought off the ones who where on the floor but could not get high enough in the dome to take out the arrows.

What did we do wrong?

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Ok I have a solution to that, If i can use badges to buy a non PvP instance, then I will not get PvP rewards from the chest.

I am not being ganked at the beginning….what is happening is, one group is set up on top of the dome with about 5 or 6 arrow carts and when you come into the room inside the dome, stealth or not, you can not do the jumps cause you will always be in combat…we organized a fight and cleared the bottom of the dome of the veteran’s and fought off the ones who where on the floor but could not get high enough in the dome to take out the arrows.

What did we do wrong?

Well, in normal situations where you have inacessible siege weaponry, you counter by bringing more siege weaponry. I’ll admit to never having tried it, but I imagine a few trebs elsewhere in the puzzle would make short work of the arrow cart crew.

Also, I agree that the puzzle should be moved to an instance or something. I’m tire od people complaining that it “wastes resources” when its one of the most enjoyable parts of the WvW maps for a lot of small group roamers.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

ozaythefirst.1806

What did we do wrong?

yes this is what I am trying to say as well thanks

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Ok I got this done tonight but only cause we had at least 3 groups running together and the guys camping the top actually jumped down to rez a guy from their party and two of our groups dropped down on them from the tunnel …rez everyone and off we went.

You know what was fun for me… not beating those guys down ….but helping others get up to the top using my mez portal…

Still would have paid tons of badges to just avoid doing that with anyone in the instance with me at all.

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Remove JP from EB. Last night we had 15-20 including a commander camping the JP and taking up valuable slots, laughing at anyone who pointed out that they weren’t helping the score and generally being obnoxious, whilst we struggled to retain what we had on the map- and at one point we lost t3 towers and only one plus the keep left, all because of some commander I had never heard of before and his groupies who decided to stay in the JP.

It’s no fun for people actually fighting for the week to either not be able to even enter EB or to enter and find out we’re being over run due to the selfish people who enter solely to do JP and then camp it for hours not giving a stuff about wvw.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that group have come from another server just to bugger things up, as having a 20 man disadvantage means you could be facing 40 more than you have- 20 from each side, without having the players to counter.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yujin.1785

Yujin.1785

Remove siege weaponry and the use of mesmer portals in the JP. People often cannot get up the arena or dome because of these things just because 4-5 people decide to camp the area.

*Edit
And yes before anyone mentions it, I realize that the use of mesmer portals can help people to get to the top without any hassle but I believe that it’s more trouble than its worth in terms of fairness in the JP.

(edited by Yujin.1785)

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

What did we do wrong?

Set up a treb in the entrance area to take out the arrow carts at the top of the dome. Set up arrow carts and balistas on your platform to protect your treb below. You’re welcome.

WvW EB Jumping Puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

how about some kind of timer, that blows up sieges and removes all players, resetting the puzzle after 30 minutes, or something? then even if you get booted halfway through the puzzle, it will have reset, forcing grieving players to rush in and rebuild before the puzzle resets again. having to rebuild sieges and stuff at the puzzle might be time consuming and wasteful, and it may deter some of those grievers.

i am going to need 460 more badges for my gift of battle. i hope stuff like this gets fixed before i head in to scrub more.