WvW NA Season 2 league roster suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

Currently we have 6/9/9 servers in each league (gold to bronze), but I think ANet should consider shaking it up for season 2 to make more competitive. For example as of current status, I would make 9/6/9. The reasons behind this is because top 2 servers in silver are dominating the game at the same time lower rating servers in gold are getting butt kicked pretty bad every week. So moving top 3 servers in silver to gold make it more competitive for both gold and silver.

Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Castien.1872

Castien.1872

I agree. I don’t find it very fun to have to fight FA, SBI and YB when they all should have obviously been in Gold. Changing it to 9/9/6 would be better than the current model as well. Just move the top three Silver worlds and top three Bronze worlds up a tier. Or better yet, start looking into merging a few of those worlds in Bronze (Kaineng, DR, ET and AR) into other worlds and going with a 6/7/7 setup in Season 2 would probably be ideal.

Many people in Silver won’t bother with WvW simply due to the fact that our worlds got shafted in the matchups. Who wants to join up only to get overwhelmed by superior numbers on a constant basis? Most people show up on reset night and don’t show up again until the next reset night unless it’s a matchup that doesn’t involve FA, YB or SBI. I mean… look at this:

http://mos.millenium.org/na

That’s what we see day in and day out in Silver when matched up against one of the “Big Three”. I’m pretty sure TC, SoS and Maguuma would enjoy having these guys up there to share the beatdowns Blackgate, JQ and SoR are putting down.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

But it’s not that easy, because no matter how you try to divide up the servers they still won’t fit into 3 nice groups where everything is competitive within.

Consider YB’s performance so far: Both FA and SBI beat them by a wide margin. But then YB has beaten everyone else they’ve faced by a significant margin as well. If FA, SBI, and YB all joined Gold League, then chances are they would all be on the lower end of it. That would pretty much end up with YB being dominated every match (and I’m not sure how well FA or SBI would fare). But if only FA and SBI go Gold while YB remains in Silver, then YB gets to dominate that league. So it appears either way, they don’t get a good competitive fight.

I’m sure similar issues can be found for several other servers across all the leagues. This seems to be a fundamental problem for the league idea, and one which I don’t think will be solved simply by shuffling a few servers around within this 3 league structure.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lablamb.2419

Lablamb.2419

I vote for 5 servers fighting instead of 3.