WvW Queues: A new feature

in Suggestions

Posted by: FhakE.9063

FhakE.9063

Dear Arena Net,
I recently posted this suggestion in the WvW section and had a lot of positive feedbacks. Would be nice if you took 5 minutes to read and consider my idea. Thank you.

Thread
So I was thinking about that: I hate WvW queues, and I’m obviously not the only one. But what I really hate about it, it’s not really the fact that I have to wait to get in the bordeland I want to go. What I really hate, is that I don’t know for how long I will be waiting before I get teleported.

Tell me what you guys think about this: it’s only a little feature with the queues so that people waste less time waiting to get in WvW, especially on reset night. It’s very simple, only show us what position we’re at in the queue. I hate to see myself waiting in Lion’s Arch for hours, not wanting to start anything by fear it will ask me at anytime to teleport, before I get asked to switch to the borderland I want to go. It’s could be as simple as when we put our mouse over the WvW icon, it shows up something like: “You are 24th in the queue” or whatever. Or something in the WvW window. When we are in queue, there’s a little image on the WvW icon that shows us that we’re in a queue, if anyone noticed it, and that’s it. Useless in my opinion. ArenaNet could do something more usefull with this. “It is better to know for how long we’re waiting than rather just leave fristrated”.

Tell me your opinion, this is mine. I just think it would be nice to know how many time is left approximately to join the WvW, so we could go in dungeons or whatever.

-Skhallyx[RE]
Original post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WvW-Queues-A-new-feature/first#post1335474

Identikal[RISE]
Primordus Virtus Guild – Balls Deep Crew
Blackgate Server

in Suggestions

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Excellent idea. I think this should be implemented whenever you are placed in a queue on an overflow server too.

Gandara

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Sounds like something worth giving WvW players.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

I was discussing this with a few guildies the other day when all borderlands on our server were full. It was a case of me not knowing what borderland to queue up for as one could have a bigger queue than the others.

If you had information what position you are in a queue, then when you queue up for a borderland you could see your position. Then if you queue up for a different borderland you have something to compare it to wither you are higher or lower in the queue. Right now you just have to hope you got lucky and picked the right one with the least queue time.

The other side of the coin is like was mentioned, I had a few guildies wanting to do dungeon runs or events or other stuff. But I didnt want to commit myself because I didn’t know wither the queue would pop in a minute or 2 hours. If it showed me my queue position and was updating this I could roughly judge how long I have before I get into WvW and go do other activities in the mean time.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

(edited by Scarran.9845)

in Suggestions

Posted by: FhakE.9063

FhakE.9063

Lemme dump this.

Identikal[RISE]
Primordus Virtus Guild – Balls Deep Crew
Blackgate Server

in Suggestions

Posted by: Outlavv.2954

Outlavv.2954

This is a necessary update and I don’t know why they didn’t add more stuff like this into this recent patch. Anet really needs to set one or two guys on these smaller things, because honestly I would rather they add a bunch of small things for benefit of the entire game than change a few large things that everyone has learned to play around anyways and doesnt really matter in the long run. Its the small things…

in Suggestions

Posted by: roseria.7695

roseria.7695

We need this and we need it now.

is really getting annoying having to sit and queue for hours never getting in.

Roserra @ [ATT] – Attuned

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frellin.6318

Frellin.6318

I would love this. More feedback and better ways for friends and guilds to play together is much needed in PvP. Though I think they need to be more robust than just adding a timer. They could add a number of features that would be very helpful for PvP.