WvW -Removing dead enemies names

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shinya.8014

Shinya.8014

In à Zerg Battle. I pritty much dont understand anything.
Why?
Cuz i cant see which enemies are Alive and not!
Why is it that dead enemies still have their names up?
Can i Do something myself about this? :0

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

+1, that really gets annoying in larger battles. Along with the titles.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jeromai.8203

Jeromai.8203

Dead mesmers will celebrate. Even easier to hide in keeps to get rezzed by a thief if their names completely vanish.

in Suggestions

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Dead mesmers will celebrate. Even easier to hide in keeps to get rezzed by a thief if their names completely vanish.

True that, but to me it is an acceptable evil….Nothing worse than rolling up on a zerg and not being able to tell in the heat of the moment if its 50 live ones or 10 lives and 40 dead.

Mag Server Leader

in Suggestions

Posted by: eViL Dee.7018

eViL Dee.7018

True that, but to me it is an acceptable evil….Nothing worse than rolling up on a zerg and not being able to tell in the heat of the moment if its 50 live ones or 10 lives and 40 dead.

By far and away that is not acceptable. Do you know what a portal is and how it’s used?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

/Signed. I want to be able to tell the dead from the living. I should be able to, being a necro and all.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

+1 to this idea. Many times in the midst of a big zerg fight I’ve dropped AOE or run in swinging….over a bunch of dead enemies. I would love to see the names get greyed out, or changed to a very dark red or something. Some kind of indicator as to the status of the player.

in Suggestions

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

No. Having the enemy name (and health bar as a result) is critical in telling if there’s someone being stealth-rezzed right in front of you.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Suggestions

Hickeroar.9734

No. Having the enemy name (and health bar as a result) is critical in telling if there’s someone being stealth-rezzed right in front of you.

I would recommend a grey name, and the healthbar can still be present.

in Suggestions

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

That would work.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Suggestions

Hickeroar.9734

This sounds like one of those problems with a wonderful solution…except the execution would take a nasty rewrite of some big thing that would take a developer a month.

I can hope though!

in Suggestions

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

this^^^^^^ X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000……

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

/signed – and I also agree with the gray name and health bar.

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I don’t think the code exists. They would have to implement it, while object.character is dead object.character.nameplate do not show.

And fix everything that breaks because something surely will.

Improvement though, that I’m certain they agree with. Makes for smoother and better end user experience. Small wins like this that amount to the solid foundation they want. I’m most certain Anet does not want to ‘settle’ but as far as priorities go, I doubt we’d see this anytime soon. I would bet skill lag is number one on there radar.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Suggestions

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

By far and away that is not acceptable. Do you know what a portal is and how it’s used?

ROFL…Do you guys know how to SWEEP A KEEP?

Mag Server Leader

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dragoon.9536

Dragoon.9536

Even then you could just use Ctrl To see where stuff is and among that stuff is enemy nameplate. So it should be default gray out and on press ctrl reveal red nameplate

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shinya.8014

Shinya.8014

Yeah. The Gray names is even better Than names disapearing!
In that case we can have a clue whether we’re winning or not.

I Feel like this would be a big improvement to WvW. Especialy
To Melee players

in Suggestions

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

BUMP

This finally needs attention, seeing dead enemies name (even after turning name showing off) is super annoying in WvWvW. As mentioned before in zerg battles you can’t see a poo. What I would like is to hide all enemies and allies name when I unmark that in the options and when I push my show allies/enemies names button show only the living ones.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Has anything about this been brought up with the new update coming?

Just wondering.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naattori.9378

Naattori.9378

Totally agree! +1

This is a month old post and still not any official response. Please we need this!

And not meaning to just bump. Used the search to find a post for my suggestion and I’m truly agreeing with this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

This, a thousand times. I personally haven’t had the problem the OP has, but I’ve seen enough ele’s dropping AoE onto dead enemies to understand it’s prevalent.