WvW Reward

WvW Reward

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naneth.1096

Naneth.1096

I fought in the wvwvw season 1. Our world came second in our league. We fought long and hard for that. The gap between our 2nd, 3rd and 4th placed worlds was but 4 points. It was so close. 1st was light years ahead, but the next three places were hard won. We got our personal rewards, but where is the recognition in game for the effort by our worlds, our team, our friends?

When we step out onto the field of battle in the weeks to come, where is the recognition of our effort for all to see? Perhaps something that bears our name and tells all the world, we were there, we fought, we stayed up until our eyelids were heavy with sleep only to wake again the next day but 5 hours later! Does that achievement belong consigned to a leaderboard on the forum or does it warrant some more visible recognition in game, and if so what?

Personally I was thinking of a statue near the WvWvW spawn or some such, perhaps of varying design and colour depending on placement, that might put out just a max of 3 players names into say chat as they pass by (capped at on a 15 minute timer so as not to spam too hard), saying that they fought in season 1 and calling out their title or such. It won’t mean much to some I suppose, but to those that were there, it may mean something. If further seasons follow a series of statues could call out you name as you run on by which I think would be a nice touch, and perhaps it could also double as a trap for the more narcissistic personalities Or perhaps you can set the statues to call out your proudest result, there are many options.

Anyway that’s one thought…

WvW Reward

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jory.9172

Jory.9172

I would like the finisher rewards to be permanent. For the next season they can design another finisher like a Badger, or a Slug… or a Quaggan. The finishers should change each season so that the winners may always show that they won a season, whichever it was.

WvW Reward

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

They can’t make those finishers permanent, or they’ll have every wvw player stacked on 3 severs and no game.

I like the idea of a statue, op, or something else like that as a little tribute.

WvW Reward

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

They can’t make those finishers permanent, or they’ll have every wvw player stacked on 3 severs and no game.

I like the idea of a statue, op, or something else like that as a little tribute.

every player that cares more about some trophy than actually kitten WvW
FTFY :p

I for one am part of the probable minority that has remained “loyal” to their server since the beginning of the game. If people wanna transfer here n there fine but bandwagoning kitteners which I guess you are alluding to are what I hate…

At any rate if they all “stack on 3 servers” I hope they enjoy their kittened queues :P Edge of the Mists map coming in the future or no, they’d have a kitten hard time playing normal WvW. Perhaps something they could try if they made finishers permanent is keep them in the Season chest so they still have to sort out the meta but maybe have an additional restriction in some shape or form (be in linked to achievements or otherwise) such that at the least for the Finisher you would have to put in some decent amount of work into playing the real WvW maps in order to earn it.