WvW Reward system.

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KingDrake.9163

KingDrake.9163

After hitting level 80, I thought it’d be fun to start killing some people from the other server, going out with my clan and taking points earning event rewards. Whatever.

my biggest problem is with WvW is the reward you get, the honor badge or whatever, that you rarely get only if you do high enough damage which is a LIE because I myself have soloed many people in WvW and never received a badge or anything. Lets make WvW more interesting for servers

1. Add a karma kill system, every time you kill a player you get a small reward of maybe like 20-30 karma depending on level.
2. Fix the honor badge system to make it drop to the player that actually kills it or somehow fix it so it balances it out to everyone.
3. Make a new reward system for the server that wins, maybe gets a lot of exp + karma + gold (depending on level) so it shows more interest to the servers to group up and organize to get the win for the server.
4. Make maybe a killstreak system of some sort? whoevers on a roll of taking out tons of players you get a reward for taking him down (idk i just thought of this).

these are suggestions that would make me LOVE to go out and play some wvw and know in the end its worth what i am doing. for now i see no point in WvW.

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valkyrie.2678

Valkyrie.2678

1. Nice idea.

2. Not a nice idea. There are no “actual killers” in WvWvW just as in PvE because it is always a teamwork. And if you want that only you should get badges from an invader that you were the one who drained his/her 80% of total HP, you’re being selfish.

3. Awesome idea.

4. Nice idea.

It is clear that WvWvW should mean more than just winning boons for your server.

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I like your ideas KingDrake. Especially #1 and #4.

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

KingDrake.9163

thanks guy i hope the staff take a look into this

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Adding to this, I really hope that there will be more incentive given to people using their blueprints in a good way. For instance, putting down a ram and knocking down the door will not grant you anything. While someone in the back can have fun shooting with a ballista getting kills while hitting that door, for instance. Or someone using an arrow cart. All three of these can be just as important, but the ram just lacks in rewards that you get. (Heck, if I put down a ram I’d rather let someone else use it… that shouldn’t really be the idea now would it?)

As far as more gold / karma, I’m already earning too much in my opinion. Just that it’s not earned in a way that I’d like it to be. For instance, I sometimes run into a keep where the inner gate is at 5% and I get the full reward from capturing it in the end. While I didn’t contribute jack all.

There’s just my idea of actually transferring some of those rewards earned from capturing it to breaking down the wall or killing people while besieging it.

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

I like all the ideas are greats to make people try more the pvp in general.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

KingDrake.9163

i just see no point of wvw as of right now

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

number one would be exploited by kill trading wouldn’t it?

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

KingDrake.9163

kill trading in different servers? be kinda hard to do

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rorc.4619

Rorc.4619

I was going to post a suggestion for a killstreak system, but there’s already one here. I don’t even care if it’s a reward system. I think it’d just be fun to know what your longest killstreak is when you’re in huge battles that can destroy you in seconds if you’re in the wrong spot.

Charr Ranger – Honestead of the Tyrian Misfits(HOME) – Ehmry Bay

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

No. Because you already get enough karma from WvW.
No. 500 kills = a legendary weapon. Takes all the legendary out of it. Badge drops are random, and supposed to be that way.
No. I’m on the number one server for WvW in the world, and our population is happy just knowing that we’re the number one server in the world. Between that and the PvE bonuses, there’s hardly a reason to hand out even more massive bonuses to people.
No. So you stood inside your keep and spammed siege against the mob of people from a low population server, and laughed at them being beaten back. Congratulations, you picked on the losing team, we encourage you to keep doing so, instead of doing something constructive for your world. Bad idea.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

All the effort to get badges for an ugly medium armor set.

I wish there was new armor added, new rewards added, etc to keep me and others motivated to play WvW.

I also agree that the badge drops are too random and a more solid system needs to be placed.

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Badge drops are constant and fixed from events like the grub, jumping puzzles, and tower npcs. If that’s somehow not enough, I don’t know what else can be done but give them to you for free.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

WvW Reward system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

You don’t really need a karma reward to kill players, you get enough karma just from finishing the events. I would appreciate chances to get better loot though. If I kill a level 80 rocking full exotic gear I should have a decent shot at getting a piece of rare loot, but I typically get masterwork or less.

I disagree with giving badges only to the killers. The way badges are now, random drops from killing enemies, is fine. If you give them only to the killers you are being unfair to the people who did the most damage to the enemy. I’d rather not introduce kill stealing to the game.

As much as I like the idea of an additional reward for winning, how would you give it out? If it goes out to ever single player on the server regardless of WvW participation, the “best” WvW server will become even more crowded than it already is just for people mooching off of their continuous victories. If you give it only to the people who are in WvW when it shuts down, that’s unfair to those who cannot play at that time and you guarantee that the final hours of WvW will have queues on all servers. If you give them out as a DE reward you can only get gold, karma and exp out of the deal which are fine rewards for smaller content, but not really adequate for winning a week long fight.

Lastly, you can’t really have a killstreak system going if you don’t reveal enemy names (which they’ve said they won’t do). Besides, it’s unlikely they’ll do something like it because it makes people single others out from a mob, which is one of the reasons they eliminated names int he first place. Instead of "Hey, it’s “Best WvW Player” . Focus him first." it would become “Hey, that guy is worth the most money. Focus him first.”.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood